Moving flowering plants outdoors in fall

• Thread starter GarrPhunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

Does anyone have experience flowering plants inside then moving them outdoors to finish in the fall ???
I have a couple that I want to put out to see what happens.
They will be in flower until budding decent then transitioned to my outdoor setup .
I have read that once daylight hours are below 14 a day they won’t try to re-veg, does anyone have experience with this ?
Central VA daylight hours will be close to 13 by the time they go out - pushing it on the first hard frost but I can protect them until then.

thoughts, opinions, expert advice ????
And before I get asked -
I have to move them before they go through the ceiling !

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
How about putting one outside before it flowers inside?

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

10-4
Wish I had more headroom !!!!
I plan to ease them into the sunlight
Thought I’d start them in shade first and see
I’m going to hold out as long as I can - but I did not train these and I’m certain unless I cut on tops they will be way too tall for my set up.
Appreciate the response !

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just a thought but if your indoor lighting hours are close to the light outdoors might be OK, but if you’ve been lights on at night and then put them out in the day they might freak.If you have more than one maybe put one out in the shade and one right out into the sun. You know the routine. Play with them and good luck.

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

I don’t think if they went out now they would have time to flower on their own - but IDK
That’s why I’m asking in hopes those with experience will chime in

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

Oldchucky,
That’s kinda what I’m doing, experimenting. Wanted to see if I could grow some outdoors this way in hopes that I can repeat it every fall - if it works!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You could be right. A lot of it is strain dependent. I’ve got one starting to flower now which is early as far as I’m concerned and two more that don’t look to be even close to flowering. I am in nor Cal.Around here they have till mid to late November to get it all finished. Can’t rush mother nature. And hell yes, if you got a couple that have to move and are expendable I’m 100% behind you.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

10-4
Wish I had more headroom !!!!
I plan to ease them into the sunlight
Thought I’d start them in shade first and see
I’m going to hold out as long as I can - but I did not train these and I’m certain unless I cut on tops they will be way too tall for my set up.
Appreciate the response !
Supercropping is your friend. Both methods. Snapping as well as twisting.

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

I used LST for the SCROG rig - just can’t bring myself to damage the limbs - YET lol
Hell
Trimming everything under the screen bout killed me !!!!

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

The only problem I can see with it would be the heavy dew we get. I plan to use a clear plastic “roof” to combat that and a lil 🤞🙏🤞

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t know how you guys back there ever get anything into the drying shed. You’ve sure earned my respect! Rough conditions no doubt!

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

Indoors is hard anywhere
Outdoors here is a 50/50 at best in my experience
Indoors was always our go to

Mrb53

Mrb53

I do it all the time...you HAVE TO (no if and or butts) """TEMPER""" them first. Can't just go outside, they MUST ACCLIMATE or you wind up with issues. I do this often to increase TERPENE development as IR/UV and lower nighttime temps set the hormones up for winter..I even water / feed with ice cubes at night to lower soil temp and bring out the colors and flavors....
I do not transplant, I place my cloths in larger containers...5gal cloth on a 14gal plastic, buried around halfway down..It gives me precious tent room for a pre-fall planting and I can get autos done by Thanksgiving...Also moving them out to finish in that crisp night air...and start my photos for the long haul to spring

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

Mrb53
That’s the info I needed !!!
Thank you for the advice and your service !!!

SmallGuy

SmallGuy

Does anyone have experience flowering plants inside then moving them outdoors to finish in the fall ???
I have a couple that I want to put out to see what happens.
They will be in flower until budding decent then transitioned to my outdoor setup .
I have read that once daylight hours are below 14 a day they won’t try to re-veg, does anyone have experience with this ?
Central VA daylight hours will be close to 13 by the time they go out - pushing it on the first hard frost but I can protect them until then.

thoughts, opinions, expert advice ????
And before I get asked -
I have to move them before they go through the ceiling !
If you were 12/12 lighting indoors and go to longer sun lighting exposure introduce them slowly. Outdoors cannabis begins to flower when light is around 14 in my area in early August. You plants will fine after a little shock. Also add some nitrogen to encourage vegging during transition.

GarrPhunk

GarrPhunk

@Mrb53
So I moved a runt outside on Monday and left it in the shade. Today I moved it into the sun for a few hours. It def shocked it going out in the heat even though in gave it (amd the others I intend to move) a week with elevated temps in the room. Curious what you do to temper yours.
We are almost down to 13 hours daylight here and she does have new pistil growth so 🤞that she keeps flowering.
I have 3 more to move out!!!
E1A424F1 DC0F 42A5 9FCF EC39037E29BE

Latest posts

Top Bottom