Moving from cloth pots into the ground

• Thread starter DiverDown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DiverDown

DiverDown

I need to move two plants into the ground. I have them in 10 gallon pots. I only have only the ground due to space restraints. BUT.... the one in the ground is absolutely perfect and 18” higher than the others. The potted ones also have issues I believe are due to drying quicker in the pots, vs the soil, yellowing leaves her and there, curling, etc.. Thus I will have to do some damage to the area and remove some beloved shrubs. My questions is.....it is Aug 12 and here in CT it will be fall soon. They were moved outside June 15 from 3 gallons pots and under lights 18/6 light schedule.
Will it be a shock to go from the pot into the ground now? They are not budding yet and I can not see any pistils. I know how to transplant careful without shock, but I have never done it with these plants.... advise please.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you could,but again they will probally stress a few days,light and season will be a issue,if you have no choice get them in the ground and take what you can get,more likely they will imediatly flip to flower depends on how much day light you got,taking a chance is better than killing them off,to less the stress dig your hole,water the hole in ,all sides and bottom,before you put plant in use root stimulator or mychorizae either or all are stimulants,and promote ease for the transition,hope this helps

DiverDown

DiverDown

you could,but again they will probally stress a few days,light and season will be a issue,if you have no choice get them in the ground and take what you can get,more likely they will imediatly flip to flower depends on how much day light you got,taking a chance is better than killing them off,to less the stress dig your hole,water the hole in ,all sides and bottom,before you put plant in use root stimulator or mychorizae either or all are stimulants,and promote ease for the transition,hope this helps
Well, I went ahead and transferred one potted plant into the ground and I decided to cut the cloth bag pot, and I am sure glad I did. Because the middle of the pot was so dry that the soil came sliding out like sand!!!!!!! Thus even though I thought I was watering thoroughly, I was not. Thus this is the problem with just the potted plants. I spent a lot of time letting the water soak into the bags, wait and water again, I would do that 3 times, yet the pot was dry in the middle. OMG!!!!!! I wonder if other people realize this!!!,

Top Bottom