Moving from HID to LED not going smoothly

• Thread starter sbilbrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sbilbrey

Hi,

I have been hydroponically growing indoors for years. I have typically used 600W HID lights. I have three chambers setup and have very good results. But, I use a lot of electricity, and puller the trigger for one of the chambers. I switched out the HID for a Phantom Pheno 440 LED Lighting System.

The plants start off extremely well, but quickly start having issues with browning leaves. I have flushed the tubs multiple times and am now trying no chemicals. But, the plants keep getting worse.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Pics ? And you need to buy a lumen meter . Amazon 25 bucks . adjust the light with plant growth . If that is your issue no pics ? Could be a nutrient issue . Led light plants use more calmag then hps plants in my opinion .

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

If one was using what called a full spectrum led you may want to look into a ppfd meter , it measures in umol’s.

Photo bio makes I believe the cheapest then apogee makes a top of the line one, then there is a Spoton.

Some use there phones, I started there but ultimately being a machinist by trade the spoton was a No brainer.

Choose you weapons wisely and Enjoy your grow.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

If one was using what called a full spectrum led you may want to look into a ppfd meter , it measures in umol’s.

Photo bio makes I believe the cheapest then apogee makes a top of the line one, then there is a Spoton.

Some use there phones, I started there but ultimately being a machinist by trade the spoton was a No brainer.

Choose you weapons wisely and Enjoy your grow.
There is no need to buy a ppfd meter there about 300 bucks . Just use lumens it works the same . If a lumen meter worked for me i know it will work for him . https://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i sincerely doubt this has anything to do with the light change.

your light is 440W LED for replacing a 600W HID wich is fine.

but yeah photos, would help understand what happened.

Last edited:
S

sbilbrey

I ordered the light meter https://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

This morning I am cleaning out the two tubs that make up this chamber.

As per my usual procedure for starting a new chamber, I am cleaning out the tubs thoroughly, then will let everything sit dry for a couple days. Then fill with tap and distilled and let that circulate via the water pump and aquarium aeration pump. Then add the Advanced Nutritional chemicals and some clones I have started in a different chamber.

I will keep a photo journal of the progress.

Thanks for all the advice.

Sam

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

There is no need to buy a ppfd meter there about 300 bucks . Just use lumens it works the same . If a lumen meter worked for me i know it will work for him . https://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

I was just trying to stear the original poster into what used for measuring these full spectrum lights properly and thats called a quantum meter.

It actually measures how many photons there are in that particular area, not just the amount of light.

Yep it’s light but its better to use the proper device or no device at all.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
System sounds somewhat similar to what a run. 3 chamber hydro. Yep, pics sure would help. Welcome aboard!!

PPFD meters do not all cost $300. That first meter for $89 would have been a better choice, imo

jj

Latest posts

Top Bottom