Moving from soil to modified waterfarm dwc and have a few questions.

• Thread starter Alien Abductee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

I am a long time soil grower and I just got 4 dwc waterfarm converts. I have them separated into single buckets till I get more experience.

I have 2 plants, 1 seed and 1 clone in veg, one in each bucket. The clone I have at 700 ppm using gh flora (non lucas at the moment) and the seedling is at 300 ppm and has its first set of leaves. They are under 6500k cfls at about 8000 lumens (2500 lumens per square foot). I am using hydroton and keeping the ph very near 5.8 (usually 5.70-5.90). I use h2o2, 20 ml or so per gallon and the nute solution looks clean and clear.

The seedling looks good and seems to be doing fine, but the clone's roots just are not developing. It is growing very slowly and looks generally happy in health.

I was running the system at 24/7, but this morning I decided to try to dry out the roots, maybe over saturated?

Is there anything that I am missing that could attribute to the slow root growth?

A

Alien Abductee

The clone is about 7 inches tall with 4 sets of leaves and is c4 strain and has been in the bucket for about 10 days and the roots have barely budged. I have noticed the ppm slowly rising, like the plant is not taking up much nutes.

thanks for any advice you may have :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

clones and seedlings are very similar in terms of nutrient needs. It's been shown by research that if you feed your clone too heavily, it won't grow roots. Why? Because it's getting all the nutes it wants, so it doesn't need to go finding more! Drop the nutes in the clone bucket to 300-400ppm, keep your pH in the same range, be sure your water is well aerated, and keep using the H2O2 to keep things sterile. It should start to accelerate in a couple of days. Once it gets bigger- and hungrier- then you can start letting your ppms climb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom