Moving in 6 mo., what to do???

• Thread starter Dan K
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dan K

My other half and I have gone back and forth for the past year about moving, and the decision has been made... We have 6 months until lift off...

Here is my situation...

I had planned on growing out my current grow, "soil", which I'm still going to do... However, I don't have a mother now... I have 20 more beans and I was certain to find a mother to work with for the next few rounds... I don't have clones to work with.. I also don't want to work with the querkle I have growing... Since I'm moving in 6 months, how can I get 2 grows done "hydro" before we leave???

destination-legal...

D

Dan K

I want to add that I don't live in a place where I can run down to the store and pick up ready made clones... I have to grow from the 20 beans I have...

sedate

sedate

dan k said:
Since I'm moving in 6 months, how can I get 2 grows done "hydro" before we leave???

Two grows from seed in six months? Not a chance dude - hydro or not.

You'll get one done in four months - 3 and 1/2 at the very least, and I wouldn't count on alot of yeild with that kind of veg time - after they root you'll have less than three weeks to flower them.

You could do *one* good grow from seed in that time frame.

D

Dan K

What if I just grow everything out??? No cloning... If I pop 10, veg 2 months, flip 12/12, pop the other 10, veg 2 months, flip 12/12 = 6 months right??? I would just yield what I yield with a 50% ratio to female @ best... Probably need to stay soil unless someone has a solution...

M

mysophilia

What if I just grow everything out??? No cloning... If I pop 10, veg 2 months, flip 12/12, pop the other 10, veg 2 months, flip 12/12 = 6 months right??? I would just yield what I yield with a 50% ratio to female @ best... Probably need to stay soil unless someone has a solution...

Less talk more action man !! Get to popping them out.. You sound like you dont have a alternative , time is money when ya got 6months left ... Hope it works out for ya .... :cool0044:

sedate

sedate

Dan K said:
No cloning... If I pop 10, veg 2 months, flip 12/12, pop the other 10, veg 2 months, flip 12/12 = 6 months right??? I would just yield what I yield with a 50% ratio to female @ best... Probably need to stay soil unless someone has a solution...

But - isn't that just "one" grow?

Anyway - two months veg after they root is more than enough - you'll be overgrown for an indoor grow by that point anyway.

After that - at least eight weeks to flower and your done.

So - yea - less posts more action!

W

Worddd

Hey Dan K!

Depending on the size of your setup and the approx flowering time of your 20 beans?, I'd think it was possible to do 2 grows starting on 12/12 from seed, whether it be hydro or soil.

best greetings
Worddd

M

mountaindank

How many lights/rooms do you have? You can start the first flower 1.5 months in, and take some clones from the best looking ones. After you grow the clones out a bit, you can start your second flower after another 1.5 months, so 3 months after your start from seed. That's the only way I see this working. With just one light/room, it's just plain not gonna happen If I were you I'd just use the six months to do one really nice grow and have some spare time.

true grit

true grit

Why two grows? Why not just one? Honestly if you are looking for quality then I would plan on things taking a little longer than the planned "2 months" here and there. With 20 beans (if not feminised) plan on maybe 10-12 fems to work with on a good ratio. From there just veg those 10-12 for 2 months and do one grow. That would give you 4 months to have them in flower, fully mature, maximize growth, chop down, adequate drying time, and manicured ready to roll by the 6 month finish time with a month or so to spare.

I recently made the move to get legal and tried to squeeze in a few more in the time I thought I had- didn't work the way I planned. Quality suffered on the longer ones, I had to rush cut/drying to be done trimmed and ready to move, and ended up still giving away a few plants that didn't finish as early as expected.

C

Carson

there are some indica's that flower 6-8 weeks. KC Mango, Mr. Nice Critical Mass?

D

Dan K

Why two grows? Why not just one? Honestly if you are looking for quality then I would plan on things taking a little longer than the planned "2 months" here and there. With 20 beans (if not feminised) plan on maybe 10-12 fems to work with on a good ratio. From there just veg those 10-12 for 2 months and do one grow. That would give you 4 months to have them in flower, fully mature, maximize growth, chop down, adequate drying time, and manicured ready to roll by the 6 month finish time with a month or so to spare.

I recently made the move to get legal and tried to squeeze in a few more in the time I thought I had- didn't work the way I planned. Quality suffered on the longer ones, I had to rush cut/drying to be done trimmed and ready to move, and ended up still giving away a few plants that didn't finish as early as expected.

For me it's about quality anyway... Thanks for reminding me what it's all about... I guess I just got caught up in the stress of trying to make everything work out on time... Moving 3000 miles is enough stress... Wouldn't be so bad if it were just me to take care of... My other half just had spinal surgery about 2 months ago... We are going medial brothers and sisters...

true grit

true grit

No doubt broham. I feel ya and best of luck to ya goin legal!! Really is the way to go. Be safe until then and do your thing!

S

space101

I was recently in the same situation in regards to moving, trying to squeeze out one more grow. End result I had to take my grow down 3 weeks early and have put the next grow in jeopardy of not producing a large enough yield.

I would say "one grow" because believe you me nothing has you more paranoid than the smell of drying weed in a new house, new neighborhood, and new neighbors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom