Moving out to Cali this fall, need advice.

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stoke

Stoke

That`s about right. Scales are a possible key to evidence but are not against the law in themselves. Without evidence of sales this case would not go to court. May have an investigation but it would never go anywhere. Nether would 100 pounds. With evidence of sales the case of donations vs. sales could be brought up. The key would be is the computation more than the cost including normal wages for labor by the grower or is their a large profit being made. Some petty cash would be expectable for on going expenses. Excess funds could also be earmarked for development, advertisement expenses and cost of breakdowns and insurance. The idea is stay within what a reasonable person would believe. Wages should reflect no more than the upper amounts the grower has earned at jobs in the past. You can`t claim wage expenses that are excessive or unreasonable.

Thanks for your input. 8oz limit is pretty ridiculous when you allow 6 mature plants. I'm glad that wouldn't hold up in court. Even a bad grower in less than optimal environment conditions is probably pulling more than 8oz with 6 plants.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I went on NORML's site, and they don't mention any codes for my county. My city also doesn't have any. NORML says that cities who don't have their own guidelines follow the the SB 420 guidelines, but that seems to be up in the air due to the Supreme Court case you mentioned.

The only thing I found with my county is the edit I made to my post with the sheriff department guidelines. They follow SB 420 unless you can somehow prove you need more than 8 oz.

So I guess in court you might be covered for more plant numbers/dried marijuana, but my county sheriff would probably arrest you for having more unless you could prove you needed more, or if you were a caregiver (they might arrest you anyway and have you prove that to a judge).
You set up a collective and you can transport meds for other patients. I know of a guy who got pulled over in Ukiah with 60 units, was on his way to LA. They let him go with all his meds because he had proof that he was taking it to a specific dispensary that he was a member of and allowed to carry for the patients of the dispensary.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
People NEED to stop relying on NORML's site for current and correct information. Seriously.

this was one of my concerns how do i find out the restrictions for sherman oaks?
There should be a website for the city. I can't find anything right now, but I did find this interesting read from an attorney in the area: http://www.shermanoakscriminalattorney.com/marijunana_law.html

Edit* Ok, it looks like Sherman Oaks is not actually incorporated, which means it's more like a suburb of LA. Look to LA guidelines is what I'm thinking.
How do you get around the part of SB 420 that says you can only have 8 oz of dried marijuana at a time or you risk arrest? Is your only option to classify yourself as a caregiver and get copies of their scripts so you can have more?

I'm in Orange County, and the sheriff department mentions the 8 oz thing, but then they also mention:

""If a qualified patient or primary caregiver possess a doctor's recommendation that the above quantity does not meet the qualified patient's needs, the qualified patient or primary caregiver may possess an amount of marijuana consistent with the patient's needs."

So does that basically mean you just need to prove that you need whatever amount you have in your house?
There is nothing in the state law that says you must get the ID card, which is supposed to be issued by your county health department, but can also be issued by your recommending doctor's office (if they do that). SB420 does not dictate that, and neither does the more pertinent law, Proposition 215.

And in fact, IF you get the ID card, you are then voluntarily limiting yourself in accordance with SB420.

The sheriff's department may issue all the notices they want, those are not legally binding. What has your city or county said? Mine has said that we can cultivate 12 plants per patient outside, and no more, not at any time of year. Greenhouse? We can grow as much as we want. Indoors? Again, no local regulation.
I know someone who got busted with guns , they had the guns(AK-47`s) removed and did little time in jail. First offence for growing, no med recommendation until time of court. They had to pay fines of$ 10,000. and got two years suspended, probation with an ankle bracelet. Can`t be anywhere marijuana is grown, like the back yard area of a house, grow room , etc. They will get the guns back at the end of the two year probation. Had an other $30,000 in attorney fees. Because of the DR. recommendation they had 150 units returned to them despite not being allowed to grow under the terms of probation. Laws here are very confusing. You are not allowed to have a gun(yours or someone who has a legally owned gun) within 100 foot of a grow. Except in the home if no marijuana or processing is involved in that home. So it looks like guns kept legally in the home are allowed, but not outside or within 100 foot of a grow or in a home that has an inside grow. Not sure about a home that has an unattached building that has an indoor grow. Like I said the laws are confusing here. I should spend some time doing some legal research in the law library of the county court house. It`s open to the public. There are also some legal libraries at the local colleges that offer law enforcement or legal degree courses that are open to the public.
Where in the law is it saying this, brother? I've pored over all the health & safety codes where much of this is buried since that murder in our county, as well as the criminal and penal codes, and what you're saying isn't there. Is it a local ordinance?
I went on NORML's site, and they don't mention any codes for my county. My city also doesn't have any. NORML says that cities who don't have their own guidelines follow the the SB 420 guidelines, but that seems to be up in the air due to the Supreme Court case you mentioned.

The only thing I found with my county is the edit I made to my post with the sheriff department guidelines. They follow SB 420 unless you can somehow prove you need more than 8 oz.

So I guess in court you might be covered for more plant numbers/dried marijuana, but my county sheriff would probably arrest you for having more unless you could prove you needed more, or if you were a caregiver (they might arrest you anyway and have you prove that to a judge).
Don't go to NORML for good information. Don't go to any of those sites. If that's what your sheriff's department is doing, they're actually breaking state law. I come from north OC/southeast LA counties, which city are we discussing here? I know OCSD, but not as well as I know LACSD. :eek:

Did you know that the ID card does not, in fact, truly protect you from arrest?

SunGrown

SunGrown

Nothing protects you from arrest really, you are NOT innocent until proven guilty in this country.

And seamaiden is right, norml really does suck, just call the city and ask is the only real way to know

But again, I wouldn't worry about indoors at all based on the way you describe you will be growing indoors. It is LA county after all, you will be a VERY small fish there

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Nothing protects you from arrest really, you are NOT innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Good luck on the move @xX Kid Twist Xx. @SunGrown, preach brother. I tell people this all of the time. They always try to tell me about presumption of innocence. No matter how hard I try to explain it, I can't seem to convince them that doesn't actually exist in reality in this country anymore. Nice to believe in fairy tales, but far from realistic. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

SunGrown

SunGrown

delusion helps ya sleep though!

LOL, we all have something that makes us feel safer I guess, I like to think, "well, the small ones wont be counted, cause they are small!" lol

But I have had friends get inspections more than once and had nothing taken. A seed making buddy of mine walked the sheriffs thru his whole area, showing them all the males he uses to make his seeds, all the girls too...lots of plants, they were fascinated and walked away and didn't take a single thing and have never been back.

But, we live in the hills and they tend to leave us alone if we aren't Vietnamese, or making honey oil, or mailing packages out of state...go figure

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It really depends on the attitude of local LE. Our undersheriff here is not at all anti-cannabis, but the sheriff is. That said, the department itself is one of the better departments I've ever dealt with, on many levels. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Cops

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
It really depends on the attitude of local LE. Our undersheriff here is not at all anti-cannabis, but the sheriff is. That said, the department itself is one of the better departments I've ever dealt with, on many levels. :)
Yep. it all depends on the individuals you are having to deal with..
Lots of cops do have compassion..i have met them,...some dont:meh:

Oakster420

Oakster420

Good luck with the move Kid! You'll be good you just have to be smart about shit! You just have to be careful with who you deal with. I know up here where I live it's the SB 420 6 mature or 12 little plants and 8oz. But according to my county I can have 3lbs of dried cannibus! If you want to risk having that much. But I'm a small grower so I don't have to worry to much!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for all the advice guys. im really likeing the sherman oaks area close enough to the beach or downtown but still nice neighborhoods. now i got to find some decent resturants in the area to try in get in bartending or serving.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
People NEED to stop relying on NORML's site for current and correct information. Seriously.

There should be a website for the city. I can't find anything right now, but I did find this interesting read from an attorney in the area: http://www.shermanoakscriminalattorney.com/marijunana_law.html

Edit* Ok, it looks like Sherman Oaks is not actually incorporated, which means it's more like a suburb of LA. Look to LA guidelines is what I'm thinking.

There is nothing in the state law that says you must get the ID card, which is supposed to be issued by your county health department, but can also be issued by your recommending doctor's office (if they do that). SB420 does not dictate that, and neither does the more pertinent law, Proposition 215.

And in fact, IF you get the ID card, you are then voluntarily limiting yourself in accordance with SB420.

The sheriff's department may issue all the notices they want, those are not legally binding. What has your city or county said? Mine has said that we can cultivate 12 plants per patient outside, and no more, not at any time of year. Greenhouse? We can grow as much as we want. Indoors? Again, no local regulation.

Where in the law is it saying this, brother? I've pored over all the health & safety codes where much of this is buried since that murder in our county, as well as the criminal and penal codes, and what you're saying isn't there. Is it a local ordinance?

Don't go to NORML for good information. Don't go to any of those sites. If that's what your sheriff's department is doing, they're actually breaking state law. I come from north OC/southeast LA counties, which city are we discussing here? I know OCSD, but not as well as I know LACSD. :eek:

Not an ordinance but a local policy I think. Again so much is in the grey area of the law!

Stoke

Stoke

I was searching last night and found this link:

http://www.omarfigueroa.com/guidelines/orange/

It looks like from that link only Westminister has set their own guidelines for cultivation. All the other cities in there had an ordinance pertaining to dispensaries, with Mission Viejo being the exception - they have a land use ordinance.

This is the Orange County sheriffs department bulletin:

http://www.omarfigueroa.com/wp-cont...iffs-Department-Marijuana-for-Medical-Use.pdf

Stoke

Stoke

Doing some more research on cities not listed in that link, and it tells the same story - some have dispensary ordinances banning them (Lake Forest, Laguna Niguel, and Santa Ana has a pending ballot measure to be voted on), but besides Westminster I haven't found any other city who has drawn up their own ordinances for cultivation.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Pay attention to prop D if you are gonna have a real collective in LA.

You are better off growing 6 trees and not sweating shit. A "legit" non profit collective is a PITA> And will put you on radar.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was searching last night and found this link:

http://www.omarfigueroa.com/guidelines/orange/

It looks like from that link only Westminister has set their own guidelines for cultivation. All the other cities in there had an ordinance pertaining to dispensaries, with Mission Viejo being the exception - they have a land use ordinance.

This is the Orange County sheriffs department bulletin:

http://www.omarfigueroa.com/wp-cont...iffs-Department-Marijuana-for-Medical-Use.pdf
Fucking Fullerton assholes. Never mind what 215 actually intended, they're gonna interpret it their own God damned way.

And the sheriff's department? OH MY GOD! So they're asking personal health questions as part of their SOP when engaged with a patient? Fucking hell. Fucking bloody ass hell.

F

FooDoo

All my friends live in Sherman oaks. I'm there often and love the area.

You gotta stop by our favorite Japanese BBQ place called Gyu-Kaku. We go there as often as possible lol. You get to grill all your own food in the center of the table

You'll love Sherman oaks

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

What you do is form a collective and have the proper paperwork. Welcome to Ca and it's awesome here !! I wear flip flops shorts and a tank top 350 days of the year. Weed and concentrates are better than anywhere else in the world.
I literally tell my wife at Least once a week how I'm living my dream except its much better than my dreams as a young 16 yr old boy. I dreamed of weed everywhere and great hash at my finger tips. But it's way better than anything I could of dreamed up. I'm sort of new to SoCal but lived in Sac my whole life . The hardest thing is finding a new group of friends you can trust , connections for good genetics and the MOTHER FUCKING BITCH ASS TRAFFIC.
I almost had a heart attack and parked the car and walked on the 405. And the 405 goes right through Sherman Oaks.
Hit me up when u get down here and i can help you if you need it. I have learned all the best spots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom