Moving plants in smartpots......ugh

• Thread starter StrainSeekers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StrainSeekers

StrainSeekers

So my girls are roughly four five weeks into flower and my neighbours have asked me to move them because they have someone coming to survey the land.. I don't get, it it was ok in the beginning of the summer I have my card it's legal but since I rent... The girls are in smart pots roots grown into the ground. I moved one around the end of June early July and she hated it yellowed up the big fans leaves, never seemed to come around an green up. So instead of cutting them I'm going to try and peel the smartys off the ground and move em.
Any ideas?

StrainSeekers

StrainSeekers

3 are in 60 gallon 3 are in 100 gallon soo... I like the pallet idea bro but they where set on the ground knowing they would grow into the ground, not knowing I'd have to move em.. Landlord said move the plants or move out.. It's one thing to move em around the garden but dam id need a semi to transport them elsewhere. There a wee bit big!

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

CAM00807 1

J

j red

So you have to move them on the property or move them off the property? If it was me I'd try to dig down maybe 6 inches or so or as deep as you can and move some of that dirt with the plants so you don't disturb the roots as least as possible. What abt a fence or a PVC hoop ? Moving them sucks because like you said they get pissed .

R

redlife215

I'd say fuck the landlord. U are almost at harvest time and they need to give u 90 days before they can kick u out if the harvest is worth it tell that cocksucker to eat a dick and evict u. If the harvest isn't gonna b all that I'd just try to pay him. I had to give my bitch assed land lord 2 racks to have him let me keep my plants

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Tell your landlord to stick it. Your legal and he's not in his rights.
But most people abhor confrontation , so have your lawyer tell him. Best of luck. Peace.

R

redlife215

Yeah Def don't move those plants, my landlord asked me to move my plants to the back of the yard and I told him I couldn't without damaging the roots. Landlords are ducks that's why I'm trying to buy a house in trinity

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I agree with digging… if you must maybe water the bottom where the roots are in the dirt and loosen the dirt little by little, maybe prepare the spot you'll set them on and try to not damage the roots that are grown down too much… easier said than done but it can be done. I guess, really, it depends on how hard the dirt is and how loose you can get it. Option B sounds good but if you wanna keep good relations it might set you back to tell the landlord to shove it. Good Luck!

R

redlife215

My issue with moving a smart pot is that u r gonna make th e dirt move and break apart which will rip and tear u r roots. It will definitely shock u r plant and stunt it from the root damage. Maybe not in u r 60 gallon pots but defiantly in u r 100gallons. Like the other dude said u need to put u r pots on pallets or something or its break u r roots up from trying to pick it up or slide it. Real talk

K

kolah

Check your state laws regarding rent/lease issues....and what you can and can not do. Usually typical contracts always favor the landlord.

If it were me I would have had the owner sign a written agreement that he was allowing you to grow cannabis on his property.

If you had nothing but a verbal agreement that can often hold up in a small claim court hearing....and by filing a small claims court hearing it would buy you some time to get to harvest. The filing fee is 25 bucks or so. AND you if need even more extra time you can re-schedule the hearing a few times.

Mogrow

Mogrow

I don't know if 4 people could lift a 100 gallon smartie?? Maybe put a fence or barrier around them. maybe some pompus grass or something like that. good luck bro, keep talking to your landlord, maybe you can talk something out.

i use to be a surveyor, they'd probably smoke it before they turned u in...

tweedy

tweedy

Put a bunch of pvc on the ground and roll them like a conveyor belt. May or may not work given your terrain but a two inch lift onto pvc is gentler than pulling and tugging it across a field.

And on a side note, fuck your neighbor and your landlord. Good fences man. I hate this shit.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

He might have to use metal pipes, my guess is the pvc will brake with the weight of a 100gal pot

tweedy

tweedy

He might have to use metal pipes, my guess is the pvc will brake with the weight of a 100gal pot
I was thinking cost wise but you are absolutely correct, metal would be preferred. Setting it up on a piece of plywood would help quite a bit too for the roll.

urban1026835

urban1026835

3 are in 60 gallon 3 are in 100 gallon soo... I like the pallet idea bro but they where set on the ground knowing they would grow into the ground, not knowing I'd have to move em.. Landlord said move the plants or move out.. It's one thing to move em around the garden but dam id need a semi to transport them elsewhere. There a wee bit big!
thought you were talking 25gal range not trees lol my apologies.

StrainSeekers

StrainSeekers

It's a male plushberry from tga crossed with MOB (mother of berry)

Latest posts

Top Bottom