moving plants outdoors in Michigan

• Thread starter twin10286
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Northern wi here...mine will be going out weekend after next... but will be hardened off before they go in the ground
Same exact plan here except I'll be watching the forecast... Even if it's marginal low temps I may end up waiting till the end of May.. spent a lot of time growing these this year and if I remember right 2012 or 2013 we had a nasty frost on June 1st took every leaf off of every pepper plant I had an outright killed a couple of pumpkins... You had to of gotten Frost that day as well. I was a little further south back then, than I am now.... Go Vikings.!!!!... Sorry couldn't resist 🤪

twin10286

twin10286

Put my plants outside today, will bring them in tonight. Is there anything I should worry about? Water? Too much sun? And suggestions are helpful.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
ditto on what @rayi said... make sure that you get them used to the full sun, otherwise they can get a sunburn and kill off a lot of leaves and stunting growth. A few cloudy days works, or I sometimes put them under another tree, allowing broken sunlight for a few days before putting them out on their own.

shaganja

shaganja

Crazy frost this morning in the u.p. 25 degrees! This cold is just hanging on.....smh

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Crazy frost this morning in the u.p. 25 degrees! This cold is just hanging on.....smh
Oh yeah for sure! My grass outside is crunchy when I walk on it .... :(

Next week its suppose to warm up. Hopefully it is for good and we dont have any surprise late frosts.

Top Bottom