Moving Rooted Clones From Bubble Cloner To Dirt ???

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budfarmer

Anybody root clones in a bubble cloner or aero cloner and then plant the rooted clones in #4 sunshine mix or dirt ? I finally got my bubble cloner made and up and running and so far it's working out pretty good. At this point I have a pile of rooted clones sitting in a couple cloners ready to go into dirt and it would be great if anybody with a little experience could give me a few tips so the clones don't go into shock to badly.

E

eighty9concr

i use a botanicare power cloner. I slice a 1" rock wool cube to the center and take the cutting from the cloner and put it in the cube with half stalk/half roots in the cube for support then just plant it in soil like i would any other cube. putting it in the cube first helps support the clone and keep it standing up straight

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

i use to clone in a bubbler, and just stick them in dirt after i see decent roots.a little great white or similar will help with shock if worried.

straincreation

straincreation

i use a botanicare power cloner. I slice a 1" rock wool cube to the center and take the cutting from the cloner and put it in the cube with half stalk/half roots in the cube for support then just plant it in soil like i would any other cube. putting it in the cube first helps support the clone and keep it standing up straight

Are you saying kinda like a sandwich? Slice in half not all the way threw and kinda sandwich the roots and part of tge stalk between the rock whool.

If its tge way i think it is then this is great, wish i thought of it when i had my easy cloner.

Happy farmin;)

B

budfarmer

I think I will skip the RockWool I'm done with the stuff if I can help it the stuff holds to much water for me but thanks for the idea anyway.

straincreation

straincreation

Even a 1 inch cube? What size pot you running once you estabkish a root system it will get destroyed from the stem. quite frankly it wont matter. i just stuck um in and let um grow when i had my easy cloner. this new idea sounds much more practical though.

Anyway BOL!
happy farmin;)

E

eighty9concr

Yea just like a sandwich, it works great for support. Also it helps with damaging the roots and pulling them out of the stalk when your transplanting. A 1" rock wool cube shouldn't hold too much water after you transplant it into soil. Ive never had that problem before as the soil should wick off any excess water in the rock wool. Any time you buy a cut from a dispensary thats how they come.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I could still use my aerocloner I would let the clones grow out roots to hit the bottom of a 1gal pot. Then they'd be transplanted directly into my coir mix and I would flip after a week. I use a timer with 15min increments for all my stuff, including the aerocloner, because by turning off the water spray regularly you encourage the plant to grow hardier roots that handle transplantation better, no hiccups.

I have since had issues with the cloner growing such slime it cannot be controlled, no matter how much pool shock I use, so it's binned and I'm back to cloning in perlite.

E

eighty9concr

I use 4 10" air stones in my 180 site and put the sprayers on a cycle timer of 1 min on, 4 min off. I keep the temperatures at around 78 and add only the clone-x liquid (not the gel) and a little orca after a week. PH around 6.2, haven't ran into any slime problems yet (hopefully it stays that way). I change my water after every cycle.

B

budfarmer

Seamaiden people that have trouble with slime clear it by running antibiotic from the tropical fish store through their cloner (with out clones in the system). I just can't afford to loose clones so I have taken to running .5 ppm bleach in my bubble cloner which has been working really well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know, it's funny, but I'd recommended that YEARS and YEARS ago and had forgotten about it. I'm well versed in cyanobacteria. But not resistant to the amount of pool shock I used. It seemed to grow the more I added.

Top Bottom