Moving the flower room...

• Thread starter Tank333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tank333

Tank333

So... My current roommate has unintentionally screwed us over. When we moved in, we were under the impression that the least here ended at the end of February. That gave us Dec., Jan., and February to pump out a crop...

So in Nov. We cut clones, and in December we got them into the flo-n-grow system. When we got another 2kw lights (to make three), and on Christmas Eve, they got their first 12-hour day of light.

So now its Day 26, and I've found out a couple days ago that the lease ends at the end of January, not February! So... either we get to shop these girls on day 39, or we move them and hope they survive the trip without too much of a hassle...

So, now I'm turning to the Farm for advice. What is gonna be the best way to pull this off? Fortunately, we've found somewhere to move. The roommates are patients, so we'll just be building onto what they have going. Honestly, they've got a pretty pitiful grow, but they've put a lot of work and love into it, so I'm not trying to knock em too badly. Lol

Anyways, the grow will be put in the garage of the house. Probably gonna box off a 12x8 space for the girls, with either 3/16th MDF board or panda film for walls. Panda film would cost about a bill, and the MDF would cost about twice that... I think it'd be better to go with MDF, but my wife is leaning towards the panda (she says it'd be way cheaper and easier to deal with. I say the extra $100 for MDF is worth the sturdiness it'll add to the frame.) I'm hoping to go scrapping with my aunt. She knows a place we can get 16' 1x4's for free out of this place's dumpster.

Anyways, I'm looking for people's advice on how to move the girls and make the room as light-proof as possible. This is the first time we've had to build a room from scratch... Fortunately, I'm pretty sure the only big-ticket item we need to buy still is a deheuey... we're not TOO far into flowering, but we'll need it soon.

Thanks guys!!!

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

shitty deal bro.

id say have the room at the new place all built and ready to go and move em over best you can.

i've been there myself and had to cut down a crop that was 3 weeks out.

good luck

TD

T

TreFarmer

Panda film...
MDF is full of chems you don't want around!
2x2 framed walls and stretch panda...
Better... reflective Styrofoam... a bit more sturdy/reflective and insulates sound/temps...
Remember to build in places to mount things while you frame up the walls... for fans, meters etc..
Good luck.. maybe a blessing in disguise.
You now can help your pals out with their "pitiful" situation and you get some helpers, and extra point of view and ...well.. extra plant numbers are nice;)

Tank333

Tank333

shitty deal bro.

id say have the room at the new place all built and ready to go and move em over best you can.

i've been there myself and had to cut down a crop that was 3 weeks out.

good luck

TD

Yea, I'm gonna be working with them over the next two weeks to get everything ready to move in on the 30th...

it sucks, because the wiring where we're at now is awesome. I can pull a cord from each room (the laundry room, kitchen, and this room) to light a 1kw light in the flower room. I'm gonna have to pay an electrician to wire in a new 50 amp dedicated breaker for the garage... GRR!!

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

Yea, I'm gonna be working with them over the next two weeks to get everything ready to move in on the 30th...

it sucks, because the wiring where we're at now is awesome. I can pull a cord from each room (the laundry room, kitchen, and this room) to light a 1kw light in the flower room. I'm gonna have to pay an electrician to wire in a new 50 amp dedicated breaker for the garage... GRR!!

pretty sure there's a thread on here where you can ask a registered electrician for advice. im pretty sure you could put that breaker up n save some $$$. just remember to turn the main off! lol

im pretty sure you shut the main power off, hook the new breaker to the panel, run the wires from the breaker to an outlet. and re energize. 99% thas right

Tank333

Tank333

Panda film...
MDF is full of chems you don't want around!
2x2 framed walls and stretch panda...
Better... reflective Styrofoam... a bit more sturdy/reflective and insulates sound/temps...
Remember to build in places to mount things while you frame up the walls... for fans, meters etc..
Good luck.. maybe a blessing in disguise.
You now can help your pals out with their "pitiful" situation and you get some helpers, and extra point of view and ...well.. extra plant numbers are nice;)

Yea, extra numbers are nice, but our flo-n-grow is full to capacity. Lol. Plus we tied in the mother too, so itsgot 25 of the max 24 plants on the system already... haha

Thanks for the heads up on the MDF... I just figured it'd be cheap and easy to work with... where's a good place to get the reflective styro? Can I get it at HomedePot or Lowe's? And about how much would it be?

As for the 2x2's for the frame, i'd MUCH rather use the 1x4's... Free is better than paying for it. Plus, I can tack in some insulation between the studs and it will be flush with the boards. I'd probably staple some black sheeting or something on the outside to make it nice and closed up, too...

And adding things to mount on will be of utmost improtance. I'm gonna make it with a VERY sturdy ceiling so we can hang just about everything up and out of the way. I'm SOO tired of tripping over everything and having no floor space...

Tank333

Tank333

pretty sure there's a thread on here where you can ask a registered electrician for advice. im pretty sure you could put that breaker up n save some $$$. just remember to turn the main off! lol

im pretty sure you shut the main power off, hook the new breaker to the panel, run the wires from the breaker to an outlet. and re energize. 99% thas right

Yea, and I MIGHT just find a DIY book and see if I can do it myself... that would require the new roommies being okay with me doing unlicensed electrical work though... lol

Tank333

Tank333

So, I want to use these 1" styrofoam sheets for the walls, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm just not sure how I'm gonna attach the sheets to the framework... any suggestions? Maybe using gorilla glue??

Here's a link to the specific ones I was looking at...

Top Bottom