moving to co

• Thread starter ncmaineac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rocky high

It's all about the money, huh? hmm.

But what about "the patients?" and the compassionate "Caregivers?"...who provide "medicine."

Welcome to the Jungle.

Funny, no one questions big pharma.

P

PoopyCoopy

there's always room in any market for someone who wants to provide very high quality cannabis and meds for people.

I've grown for myself and family so it's always been sort of a losing proposition for me, but as far as I can see anyone with a good business sense that wants to run a semi-legit business could be successful as a caregiver.
I think the old motto here is that the customer or patient is always right should take be take into consideration. You need to take their needs into consideration and cater twords them.

I think there is a big divide in the state between growers/caregivers and the mmc model. Personally I don't have a big issue with the shops but most just don't give a shit about their products. And retailing herb at $10 a gram with all that overhead can't be too profitable. I saw an ad for a place for sale claiming they did just over 1/2mil in sales last year. I don't care to break that down but just doesn't seem like that much to me at the end of the day.

Its simple to me, take pride in your work and local is fresher. Growing is not hard but its not that easy either, its a labor of love for some people and the ones i've meet with that passion are the ones that usually are doing the right things

K

kolah

My apologies if I appear harsh but the whole "patient" thing just drives me buggy. I'd just take a wild guess and say 60-70% of "patients" use it solely to party. That's fine by me but does that constitute people as "patients?" What's next? Calling caregivers "doctors?" Hey maybe Big Gov will make MMC's have "doctors" on staff? Yeah just 7-8 years of schooling at 150,000 bucks and you get a Doctor of Cannabis degree.

And yeah, you know Big Pharma is just licking their chops to take control of this MMJ money machine.

Legalize the stuff and then buy from local home growers (or grow your own) You may have to pay more but just look at what fricken Wal-Mart has done to this country. Personally I plan to grow my own but still buy from other growers. I like variety.
Rant over.

P

PoopyCoopy

i agree that a lot of the retail operations cater to the people who want to get high. I've got no issue with that. But lets say that 70/30 number is correct thats at least 30,000 people in denver who have a very legit need for cannabis.

But there are a lot of people in the area who need it. The people I deal with truly need cannabis and at the end of the day I feel good knowing I can provide them with a good product. Dealing with people like that, there needs are more important then mine. And I am more then happy to give them clones and meds if I know they really need it or could use it.

I think caregivers should be more active with doctors etc if thats the route they are in. A lot of the growers I know are extremely knowledgeable people and they should be able to help bridge that gap between doctors and "patients". I for one feel very lucky that for $40 I can get my stuff tested, work on improving it, and feel confident giving it to people that they can work out their own best treatment.

Big pharma may get into the game and in the long run I think its good, they will make some great medications in the next decade when it becomes legal again. But again there's nothing more powerful then growing your own and being active in your own healthcare. Some people I know can barely walk but I think the hobby of gardening and the whole extra knowledge gained is great for them and the healthcare industry as a whole.

a little back on topic, anyone who wants to move to be an active part in making it a better scene is welcome in my book. If you think you can grow a warehouse full of herb as a get rich quick scheme do it where its still illegal, youll make more money and people will appreciate it more.

M

maestro

red n gold

But what about "the patients?" and the compassionate "Caregivers?"...who provide "medicine."

Welcome to the Jungle.

Yep Welcome to the jungle! Where the fuck have you all been? lol! This a rebel herb for the outlaw farmer. Farmed by outlaws for outlaws n as far as anyone cares CONTROLED by outlaws.

This aint no game for you hippie wanna bees rolling down from Breck on your 2k mountain bikes. People have built there lives invested fortunes n made marijuana there business long before any god damn business man thought he could leash it n get in on our cash. Fuck that. You wanna smoke grow your wanna be own n a lil' closet, how cute,n have fun. You wanna go big n commercial n open diispensarys all over n pretend your not competing with some BIG BAD mofos out there? LOL
Better watch your back cuz you just may be in for a big surprise.:hi

A

AlohaRebel

So i had thrown CO out of the list of states i was looking to move to but shit after reading last 2 pgs rethinking my options, have friends there they live Denver area they love it saying its amazing all the time. However for me the move would be base on setting up a legal grow after getting card, and growing some super dank looking to make the $ that Dank deserves too tho!

Does anyone have any thoughts on how i should go about setting up, looking to live near ski areas lol addiction to the Mnts. Whats good shit worth and how do you do actually sell legally as i read there's no meds for free just cuz you got your red card?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Get your card and grow some dank, everything falls into place real quick after that..

Summitt county is a good place to start lookin in mtn towns to life

Tex

Onespark

Onespark

Get your card and grow some dank, everything falls into place real quick after that..

Tex

Ya! Thats it.

Forget the politics for one minute. Forget the Cynics too. (Love you guys!). This is the end of prohibition we are witnessing here folks. People waking up and all that. Seriously, You can do whatever you want if you are thoughtful and aware of your situation. Things work out if you apply pressure and hard work. live free and live strong. Do your paperwork. Pay your taxes. Grow well. Put your love into it. Do it FOR LOVE> Move to the Rocky Mountains or any other area that has medical laws in place for Ganja. Watch what happens next. Love your life and help others. Wherever you end up I only wish you the best. But let's all just take one step back and realize money isn't even real. LOL HAHAHAHA...

So just go for it. Throw caution to the wind, grab your balls, and JUMP... The more growers that apply love and meditation in their work the better for everyone at this point. Wherever you end up, I am sure there will be people who are thankful you are there to help them.

I am sure your path will be made clear and everything you need will be provided to you.

Edit- Just went back and read the ROIDRAGER... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL infinity LOLS.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Whats good shit worth and how do you do actually sell legally
2500-3200 an elbow for indoor. 2000-2800 for greenhouse/outdoor. There is no way for a patient to legally sell to another patient. To legally sell to somebody you have to be their caregiver or a licensed MMC. There is currently a moratorium on MMCs pretty much everywhere in CO so you can't open one. But the mountains are in fact, very pretty.

A

AlohaRebel

Tex

Thanks Tex simply put lol but how true. Deff would look to live in mnts maybe try snap ski area job, how is the job market out there btw?

Oh hey i also sent you a PM Tex wondering if you ever got it 1st time ive pm someone lol just trying to network with people seeing how it is over the map.

sky high

sky high

the Ski area job fairs will be coming up in the next few months. Shouldn't be too hard to find a place to live at this point in time w/the economy still lagging.

it is what it is, maestro. Just gotta deal with all the kiddies w/no responsibilities in life who think this is their pearl-laden oyster and go on. In the end it is those folks who are basing their ENTIRE existence on MMJ/MJ who will lose out in the end...either through serious involvement with LEO (coming, yes, it is) or through market changes and changes in the laws every 6 months that are destined to inch the little guy OUT.

Eventually, legalization will take most of the cash out of the biz and the folks rampin up now will be workin @ Circle K 'cus they have no other backup plan/no skills other than growing the dank.

of course, they will be HIGH AS fUCK workin' at that Circle K...LOL...

GhostFace

GhostFace

ski resorts hire 90% of thur workers from out of state or out of the country and they dont pay that well eather.

circle k lmfao..every single job i have had and everyone around me has had here in CO they all get High As Fuck_ before, at and after they are at work. i have a great job and 95% of the crew gets high even the people in HR and the GM etc. MJ should be a hobby_ not a life style. some like fine wine or a beer or two or like to puff them damn ciggs_ i like to puff topgrade MJ

deep buddy

deep buddy

thanks to everyone for the help....deep buddy you seem to be one of the people that moved there most recently....can you tell me more , like what area you moved to, north of denver or south or what....i am thinking about loveland or ft collins....

did you find any problemsrenting a house...assume you didnt tell them you are growing....

how long did it take to get a license (providing you did) and did you have to wait long for residency....

anything else you can think of....

thanks

nc

housing is pretty easy where im at in the fort. its way nicer than denver. its not cheap if your trying to scrape by dont do it. if you got real skill and exp and capitol. then jump. got into my place for about 3500 down w/ out credit or a job so. its funny they acted like they checked our cred but they didnt. and they love cash so.

deep buddy

deep buddy

Welcome to the Jungle.

and to this chucklehead dont bro me bro i care about the patients just fine. but what about all the people who are not in med states what just fuck them. i love this plant so much i cant even express how it has enhanced my life. i moved here to be kinda safe. where i came from it is a war make no mistake. and please dont question my motives sir. no hard feelings just truth kk?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Schools startin up again, Northern Colorado is fillin up with young lovely college gals, Boulder kicks about now also...lol,

I keep gettin older, they stay the same age

Tex

K

kolah

Deep buddy,

A chucklehead? well, I've been called worse things.

But, Welcome to the Jungle, too. :)

E

ECOutlaw

Inspiring thread. I'm in the process of selling one of my homes and am looking to move out of the NorthEast. New York is nice and the price of weed here is good (10 packs of fire move for 40k all day long) but its a fucking war zone. I'm wanting to settle down and have a kid maybe lol and would rather not be locked up while trying to raise him. I got the cash, experience, and intellectual capability just need the balls to make the move I guess.

P

PoopyCoopy

ask yourself this can you live with out dunkin donuts?

Denver does not run on dunkin. :banana1sv6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom