Moving to SoCal

• Thread starter BayAreasFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BayAreasFinest

So after this semester at Oaksterdam. I will be moving to SD county. Me and my 2 roommates (all Prop215) are going to start a commercial grow. Selling to the Clubs down there and then hopefully starting a club. I work at one of the Clubs here in the bay SO im not worried about that. What i am worried about is bettering my bud both Quantity and Quality. I have had 30 plus harvests of bud that is very good. I have been using a very simple nutrient mix and basically thats what im trying to improve. In the Past i have use FF happy Frog Soil. Grow Big during the last few weeks of veg. Then Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Koolbloom, and sugar.

Now that the intro is outta the way lets get down to what I came hear to ask.

I already have my house down in SD so I know what I have to work with. I have approx. 30 x 40 garage. Going to do a sealed room with 75 plants in 5 gallon buckets using soil or Coco. I have always used FF happy Frog. But I am starting my final grow in the bay next week. we are using Pro-Mix #4 adding perlite and work castings.

First question Coco or Soil? Which has worked well for you?

Next Lights. I am Really liking either the cool tube 1000's or the SunPulse Lamps 3k 6.5k and 10k lights. What has been successful for you regardless if its one of the two I mentioned?

Last Nutes. I am just starting my last cycle here. I just got a bunch of advanced nutrients that I am going to do a side by side with my current nutes (foxfarm) and the AN products. I just Picked up Big Bud Powder. Bud Ignitor. Sensi Grow. Voodoo Juice. and big bud factor X.

Like i said im not stuck to any nutes so let me know what you have had good results with.

Thanks for the help guys.

S

SnowCap

In regards to Coco or soil, what is your goal? Quality or yield? If you want quality go for the soil if you want more yield go with the coco.

I like to use well composted organic soil. Since your in the SD area go into the farming communities and pick up some good composted soil from the farmers. If you reuse your soil and compost it, the cannabis specific fungi with be greater and you will get better results then using fresh store bought soil such as FF. Though FF and LW are good as a mix together and maybe roots organics, plenty of worm castings and bat or seabird guano.

joonie

joonie

hey bro. im originally from the east bay (510) and now live in socal. Never went to oaksterdam and am far from a commercial grower. but I do know in SD its allot more conservative and not that similar as it is in the bay.

About 5 years ago SDPD,DEA, and SD local electric company did an operation where they checked everyone electric bill. And they raided a bunch of grow houses and a innocent family. When the electric company is government owned thats when shady things happen. You might have access to a private company like edison but im not sure. You should look into that.

Good luck bro

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Welcome bro.
Just an FYI our DA in San diego is a real peice of crap.
They are still shutting down club's. And busting patient grower's.
We are one of the least weed freindly county's in Ca.
Good luck bro,

M

mrdizzle

second everything said above, soooo shady in SD, another qucik questions........what did you learn at oaksterdam after 30plus harvest?

B

BayAreasFinest

Really guys your DA sucks? Last time i was down there about 3 weeks ago there was like 25 new clubs/delivery Services. I assumed with all the new clubs its a pretty easy thing to do now. Thats not a good thing to hear. I assumed with a 25 plant limit the DA would be rather lenient.

I went to oaksterdamn not for the growing classes although they were rather information mostly just reinforcing most of my knowledge. I went for the cannbusiness classes mainly. I took glass blowing as well. and have already blown my own bubbler. Also I went there learning about my rights, Laws among other stuff. They have great teachers and It was definitely worth it.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

They shut down all but 2 of the clubs.
2 weak's ago. She is a nightmare.
I hope she get's breast cancer.
That bitch has ruined many pateint's live's.
So yes I wish breast cancer on her.
Then she can have chemo. Then let's see if she is still anti medical marijuana.

B

BayAreasFinest

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there aug 31st signing my lease. and there was at least 5 different clubs on el cajon alone. I thot the medical marijuana industry was flourishing down there. WOW!

Still Cant wait to move down there and get everything started. its gunna be an experience for sure.

Bossman is she shutting down legal grows or just grows that are over there limit?

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Any and all she find's.
I have heard that she is 100% against medical marijuana.
And as of now no one is apposing in the electoin's coming.WTF.
Go commercial on the grow building if posible. We also have fluctuating electric price's.
Last I checked it goe's from .30 to .52 cents. Most places are under ten cent's.
And they decide what time of day and when they charge what ever.
In a commercial building electric is 1 third the cost.
the big bonus is we have alot of med patient's and toker's here.
So there is never enough good herb goin around.

joonie

joonie

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/article_ea2047e8-59e1-551e-b173-ce89ffad4d90.html

Just wanted to cite a source on the electric companies working with cops. Now with a DA like that just imagine what they can do. I just been recently researching into getting a warehouse. I cant find any information on if a firemarshal can enter the premises even though its listed as a private warehouse. Another factor is the landlord or the property management firm, what is there usual protocol? Are they always around checking in? How often? I wish I had better sources for this info than google.

B

BayAreasFinest

hmm commercial buildings huh? i like the idea. i thought about doing that up here in the bay a couple years ago nothing ever happened with the idea. i just used my garage as it was free space.

B

bicycle racer

welcome to socal i prefer hempy style grows which is a mix of perlite and vermiculite very effective. though as someone else said soil is king for quality but not yield i feel the hempy system is the best of both worlds. it sucks whats going down in sd they are going after any and all dispensaries lately. yet pharmaceuticals alcohol and tobacco go about there mary way of destructing human life what a joke american politics are.

B

BayAreasFinest

ya it is a private company but when the DEA/DA/SDPD come to you saying they are trying to stop growhouses most private companies comply.

unless they are pro marijuana.

D

doco

Many if not most of the collectives have reopened but everything you heard above is correct. This is the single most conservative republican county in CA and neither the police or the politicians give a shit about the laws since they are contrary to their way of thinking - they run rogue here and bust people just to harass them, knowing full well charges will be dropped. SD was finally denied appeal at the US Supreme Court after wasting countless millions of taxpayer money trying to avoid issuing state mandated Medical cards.

Just a heads up so you know to stay chill if you coming down to SD.

BTW, its SDG&E for electricity

M

Michael_Eaton

Just keep things quiet... It doesn't sound like your grow is gonna be too big for the area...

I hope you have humble room mates...

B

BayAreasFinest

well we are gunna be legal as all 3 of us are prop 215. and we will have no more then 75 mature plants. 6 1000watts so idk how much attention we are gunna be bringing on our self at first. When we expand we have decided we are gunna rent a commercial building. and since i own an LLC with a Clothing line we should be fine.

T

thatspoker422

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/article_ea2047e8-59e1-551e-b173-ce89ffad4d90.html

Just wanted to cite a source on the electric companies working with cops. Now with a DA like that just imagine what they can do. I just been recently researching into getting a warehouse. I cant find any information on if a firemarshal can enter the premises even though its listed as a private warehouse. Another factor is the landlord or the property management firm, what is there usual protocol? Are they always around checking in? How often? I wish I had better sources for this info than google.

Getting a warehouse sounds very interesting. Can anybody shine some light on this subject?

B

BayAreasFinest

When i was thinking about going into a commercial building here in the bay area I was told 2 big things. post on craigslist for commercial building tenant that is prop 215 friendly. You of course would have to be prop 215 and in California. That would be much less sketchy as they would know what was going on. But much harder to find a tenan
Or
You can just rent out a warehouse type building. either put grow tents in the warehouse or just design the room like you would if it was your garage.

The benefits of growing in a commercial building is lower electrical costs as well as you have a whole warehouse and you can do a lot of lights and plants and not alert the government.

D

doco

Just so youre clear, the limit in SD County is 12 total, 6 mature, per patient.
Do yourselves a favor and dont think being legal will protect you here - you must keep it very very quiet.

Legal has a different definition in SD when it comes to weed. My neighbor still doesn't have his kids back after his "legal" operation was raided a month ago. The DA is talking about reducing charges etc, because they know they are wrong but meanwhile, they are out huge legal fees, trashed house from the search and dont have custody of their kids.

I dont mean to rant about this but in several posts you mention being "legal" and its important that you understand things are different here.

Top Bottom