MPB Drainage

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

Do you guys think that non perforated corrugated pipe will do the trick to drain the MPBs over pvc? Just looking to save a few bucks.

Mpb drainage
chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I think the perforations will trap and collect nutrients, but thats just my theory... the pvc might insulate better as well..

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Do what dd says, it's safer.

I think the perforations will trap and collect nutrients, but thats just my theory... the pvc might insulate better as well..

I third the motion!

I would think that the corrugated tubing will at the very least slow down water flow (not smooth inside) and has a thinner wall (more heat radiated into the pipe from lighting, etc) and very well could get salt build up after some time. I'm all for saving a buck, but not where it could limit the performance of something so awesome.;)

N

noone88

If you can, use pvc instead of black tubing. At every bucket, I tee off, use a 1/2" barb x 1/2" MIP and then use tubing (utility hose). For a 1800gph pump, use 1" pvc pipe all around.

Using pvc seems to drain faster and you also lose less pressure. Plus, you don't have to deal with the sagging tubing.

J

jack the reaper

If you can, use pvc instead of black tubing. At every bucket, I tee off, use a 1/2" barb x 1/2" MIP and then use tubing (utility hose). For a 1800gph pump, use 1" pvc pipe all around.

Using pvc seems to drain faster and you also lose less pressure. Plus, you don't have to deal with the sagging tubing.

saggy tubing sux, thats why i used the poly 1/2" for my distribution. i might switch it back to see if i can keep it from sagging.
ideally there would be "panda" tubing, white outside/black in. dark and cool inside to prevent bacterial growth and light reflecting white inside.

dont slow your water circulation, use the ABS (black stuff) and pimp it with a panda plastic wrap to keep it cool under the hot lights.

N

noone88

Well, the white pvc pipe is thick enough where light does not penetrate. But all the 3" and larger pvc piping I found are black..

Latest posts

Top Bottom