MPB in Sub's Super soil?...

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

Fellow Farmers,

I have been reading and reading and reading....and now I am a little overwhelmed at times, but thanks regardless for all the great info.

But now as I ponder the yield/quality vs investment and maintenance effort, I think I have a plan that might do the trick.

I was thinking of doing a perpetual MPB in super soil. Using 2 rooms, I would dedicate 1 to veg and clones, while another would always be in 12/12. This would allow me to keep within my limit of 6 mature and 12 clones while still getting a good yield. Additionally, I figured while soil is slower for vegging, if that is done offline (veg room), the veg time becomes irrelevant in a perpetual grow. And lastly, using soil will allow me to be gone for a few days without worrying about PH issues in the res, and solve the issue of nutrient requirements for plants at different stages of flower.

Which brings my next question. These grows are HEAVY feeders so would super soil be enough? How would I know. Also, if I go with the 4 plants with 5 1K lights, should I cooltube them? Or would a really good A/C just do the trick?

So, to summarize: 2 rooms, 1 veg 1 flower. The veg always has 2 plants vegging with 12 clones going at all times. The flower room has 4 plants always going. 2 are harvested every month and replaced with the 2 in the veg room, 2 of the best clones are moved into tubs and the process repeats. The method of grow would be supersoil in 18? 27? gallon tubs? Not sure there.

And that's the basic idea. What do you guys think? Pretty soon, I will have all the resources to get a grow going, but I want to plan it out first.

Thanks everyone,
HT

Apache69

Apache69

Hello, There is a cat that goes by PigFarmer who starts his in 1 or 3 gallon coco and gets them nice and big and then transfers them to 7 gallons soil. He is puling some pretty impressive yields while remaining Organic. He claims that he still gets the great taste of soil but impressive yields too. Good luck!

waayne

waayne

I veg in 1 gallons then 3's then on to a 5 or 7 gallon to finish vegging....I transplant into a 20 gallon container when I move them into flower.I do LST in veg to make them bush out.
I pulled down a Skunk x Afghani a few weeks ago that did a little over 15 zips.100% organic soil!

H

HypnoToad

And that's why you guys rock. Fat yields while not compromising quality!

Another question just hit me. Since in a 5 light 4 plant scenario....

x light
o plant

oxo
xox
oxo

should I scrog them on the 3 sides that get all the light? say 3 4x4 screens. 1 screen facing each light? Also, will a month in veg be enough for soil?

true grit

true grit

Not gonna yield the same. Sorry. Coco will be your closest bet but still won't yield like buckets.

I did 7k hung vert around 4 main plants in 18g tubs of Sub's Super Soil....highest yielder was 1lb. Most were 8-12oz each. I put plants on the outside to catch side light and still averaged about 4-6oz per in 10g pots. A high yielding strain can maybe hit 2lb mark...the key will be vegging them until they are about 20-24" tall and trained. Not sure how much height you have but I vegged till 18-24" and had some 4-5' plants (6' with pots)....

After several runs like that, I will not be doing vert and supersoil for yield. If anything I would do coco and vert and push the yield way up.

aleYarok

aleYarok

i dont see why it wouldnt work, of course yield isnt going to be the same.
i plan on putting a couple of subs super soil plants around the edges of my room to catch up the extra light

just because its soil you still need a/c. roughly 4000btu per light, cool tubes help but you still need a/c

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I veg in 1 gallons then 3's then on to a 5 or 7 gallon to finish vegging....I transplant into a 20 gallon container when I move them into flower.I do LST in veg to make them bush out.
I pulled down a Skunk x Afghani a few weeks ago that did a little over 15 zips.100% organic soil!

Hey Waayne do yu add nutes somewhere or water all the way?

waayne

waayne

Hey Waayne do yu add nutes somewhere or water all the way?
Hey Bro,for the food hogs I feed some Age Old every 6-10 days to keep them healthy,the light feeders usually get 1-2 light doses of Age Old while in flower and some like Blueberry and OG x Train Wreck just get h2o all the way till harvest
The 15 oz plant is a food hog so it got regular doses of Age old.

true grit

true grit

Hey waayne how much super soil are you putting in? I'm thinkin bout tossin my old Candy mom in a 7g smart pot of super soil....

waayne

waayne

Hey waayne how much super soil are you putting in? I'm thinkin bout tossin my old Candy mom in a 7g smart pot of super soil....
Hey Grit,I'm flowering in 20 gallon containers
filled with one of these mixes
1 part Black Gold
1 part Roots Organic
1 part perlite
A little bit of Dolomite lime
or
2 parts Roots Organic
1 part perlite
A little bit of dolomite lime

I use lots of benes like Great White and VooDoo Juice
I also like to put straight Roots in the bottom half of a container and one of these mixes on top and I always transplant them before they need it,about every 12-14 day's while vegging.
Been getting consistent results with these mixes and they sure grow potent tasty nug's and that's what I'm after,potency and flavor.:rock

Top Bottom