MPB Start to Finish

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boots Sugarleaf

the one I showed in the pic is 3/4" on the sides and 1/2" in the middle...I have put 1/2" hose on 3/4" barbs before, but it is EXTREMELY not fun to do ......and unnecessary

L

Lost

Ahhh, ok. I checked home depot and either they were out or do not stock them. Time to try lowes.

Boots, thats what I was looking for, but could not tell from the pic that it has a 1/2 in the middle

B

Boots Sugarleaf

lowes may have em but also check your local ma and pa true value or ace hardware, they will have more selection than both box stores do

Y

yayarea

So let me get this straight, the main feed line from the pumps are 3/4" and when it gets to the mini res there's a T fitting that is 3/4" to 1/2" and the 1/2" side goes into the mini res.
And the line for the top drip is all 1/2" with spaghetti lines to the plants.

I also found 10liter buckets at the dollar tree and 18 gallon tubs close to original DD design at homedepot for $4.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

So let me get this straight, the main feed line from the pumps are 3/4" and when it gets to the mini res there's a T fitting that is 3/4" to 1/2" and the 1/2" side goes into the mini res.
And the line for the top drip is all 1/2" with spaghetti lines to the plants.

correct

Y

yayarea

So things have changed had to use a different room so the new room is smaller 12x14. I have 6 1k's so I was thinking 6 plants would be the way to go? I noticed that everyone is out growing the 40inch on center, I dont want to run out of room though. What would be ideal in this room?

Tried to hit widowmaker up for a layout but I cant pm yet.:no

Trying to make setup easy as possible learning from everyones experiences. I set up a mpb veg area and was like why in the hell did I spend money on all these fittings, pumps and everything else and went out and got a 4x4 tray and set that shit up like Easy did super simple and effective.

Y

yayarea

heres my veg setup before I had to tear it down due to a few problems and a simpler idea from Easypleasie with the 4x4 tray. I bought the 1/2inch valves (NGW) brand lets just say dont risk it out of the 8 I bought 5 leaked, a hydro store near me had the ones DD uses but they wanted $8 each, so I went with the cheap ones and looked what happened. Also the fittings on top of my old chiller were brittle and cracked so Im trying to order some new ones probably going to find something at homedeopt to make it work.

also Im running an active air 70lpm air pump and 8 eco plus air stones the medium size ones and the pump and all the air lines are pretty hot, anyone know what the problem could be? cheap air pump,small stones?
peace
Photo

Photo 1

Yhst 34708634314647 2096 2832850

Imagephp

E

easypleasie

Hey yayarea, good to see ya using the tray for the veg setup. I just got mine running with girls in it last night! I've had to tweak it here and there to get the kinks out but it's running nice and smooth now. I had to add an extra 1" drain hole to each bucket as the flow was coming out too much for just one...but then, i've got a 1200 gph pump going to just 6 buckets lol. Also, nice thing about the tray setup is you can use a 1k to light up all your plants. I'm sure i'll run into things to improve along the way.

Too much load on the pumps make them run hot. Either from the lines being too small or not enough/big enough air stones. Are you using the small irrigation drip lines from home depot/lowes for your air pump? If so, those lines are too small and not enough air gets through them. I switched out to the clear stuff that's a little bigger in diameter, though it's still not true 1/4" but it's better than the garden drip lines. That helped a lot with reducing the heat from my air pump. Mine still runs a bit warm but better than before. I could use bigger air stones. If you had to, you could add some big stones to your res to help out. Maybe get a 12 gang manifold to get more air out or just get some bigger air stones. Who knows, maybe your pump just runs hot?

Y

yayarea

Www.usplastic.com has EVERY hose, bin, connector and fitting's you could ever want.[/QUOTE

Hey yayarea, good to see ya using the tray for the veg setup. I just got mine running with girls in it last night! I've had to tweak it here and there to get the kinks out but it's running nice and smooth now. I had to add an extra 1" drain hole to each bucket as the flow was coming out too much for just one...but then, i've got a 1200 gph pump going to just 6 buckets lol. Also, nice thing about the tray setup is you can use a 1k to light up all your plants. I'm sure i'll run into things to improve along the way.

Too much load on the pumps make them run hot. Either from the lines being too small or not enough/big enough air stones. Are you using the small irrigation drip lines from home depot/lowes for your air pump? If so, those lines are too small and not enough air gets through them. I switched out to the clear stuff that's a little bigger in diameter, though it's still not true 1/4" but it's better than the garden drip lines. That helped a lot with reducing the heat from my air pump. Mine still runs a bit warm but better than before. I could use bigger air stones. If you had to, you could add some big stones to your res to help out. Maybe get a 12 gang manifold to get more air out or just get some bigger air stones. Who knows, maybe your pump just runs hot?[/QUOTE

Top Bottom