MPB's are takin over. Bossman converting.

• Thread starter BOSSMAN88188
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I have plenty of height so I will be raising them up pretty high.
So the dain will be own under the tub's.
I am not down with not being able to move around.
Thanx for the tip's lost. Damn I almost typed you're real name. Fuckin stoner.
Widowmaker awesome sketches dude mucho appreciated.

L

Lost

I have plenty of height so I will be raising them up pretty high.
So the dain will be own under the tub's.
I am not down with not being able to move around.
Thanx for the tip's lost. Damn I almost typed you're real name. Fuckin stoner.
Widowmaker awesome sketches dude mucho appreciated.

The subfloor you mentioned is the way to go. Like we talked about earlier it solves the res issue and it also solves the drain issues very nicely.

I would consider a feed from the bottom with the subfloors?

Here is why: You could put the feed smack dab in the middle of the tub, perhaps disbursed by a ebb and flow screen fitting? I dunno, anyway it would make res changes a little easier getting 100% of the old shit outta the tub. As it is right now, i have about a gallon of nutes left in the bottom and to get that out means lots of flushing..

The thing to keep in mind with the subfloor needs to be the height of your res, plus 4 inches on the side it feeds into the res and about 5 inches plus on the other side ofr down slope. I think your looking in the 22-24 inch area, with access and such built in.

A big issue I have had is getting a big enough res. They seem to be 100 gallons and i need about 110 gallons for all 4 of my buckets to circulate, be happy and leave room for their drinking binges.. Botanicare makes some nice ones but your looking at 330 ish for the lid and res.. Its also taller than i'd like..

Widowmaker - great job with the piping! I really like the 2 reses. For that many plants there is no reason for it to all be in one huge system! Its probablly better split up every so many tubs just to minamise $$ loss if you get say root rot in one system... (dunno why you would, im just saying :)

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Widowmaker - great job with the piping! I really like the 2 reses. For that many plants there is no reason for it to all be in one huge system! Its probablly better split up every so many tubs just to minamise $$ loss if you get say root rot in one system... (dunno why you would, im just saying :)

We don't have no stinking root rot, were chillin! ;D

You could run a different strain that might have different nute and water uptake. Makes moving stuff a little easier.
:icon_spin:

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I just bought the totes.
So I can now line them out like they will be.
Much easier on the brain and less likely to build to small.

I kinda like this plumping. What do you all think?

Newer 10 plant MPD
L

Lost

IMO the piping looks great.

I might have to copy that for my other room!

E

easypleasie

That's how I imagined running the plumbing for that setup. Keeps things really simple!

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Got too much time time on my hands!!

Bossman, Tried to draw your latest design with 40” centers and it is too tight, only 4” between the tubs. This drawing shows a 40” centers and 24” by 32” tubs turned 45 degrees. The center three plants should be the monsters because they are surrounded by 4 lights.
View attachment 63494

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep definitely to tight with that updated design. Scale down a smidge:)

Been a machinist for 14 years>>>>I have Surfcam Velocity 4 a CAD CAM software:) I gonna play with some sketches and see what I come up with

:passingjoint:

L

Lost

Widowmaker, what do you come up with when you put them on say 52 inch centeres and 14-15 foot room width?

:)

L

Lost

Im just thinking about the 1500's and that the spacing will need to increase a bit :)

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Widowmaker, what do you come up with when you put them on say 52 inch centeres and 14-15 foot room width?
:)

Sure, later today. How big around are your plants getting? Are you topping them?

E

easypleasie

You'll probably gain a little space in the middle if you push the tubs closer to the walls. Not getting a lot of light from the back side anyways.

The last diagram looks sick! Good job widow!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I am confused.
I just set up my tub's in the 21x14 space I have.
And there is plenty of room and that is with 46 in center's and 36 inch from center of tub to wall. So I made up a couple of sketches and did some reading.
Am I missing something?
I beleive DD said he ran 12 and this is the space he said he uses.
(my room dimensions is 30 x 25ft with a 10 x 10ft room cut out of that for res's, ballasts and chillers

Pic 1 is of the 10 tub's set up.

Pic 2 & 3 dif light pattern's.
TIA for any input.

100 0873
To scale 2
To scale
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

DD's spacing was 40" plant to plant. But for your layout because it’s turned 45 degrees, yours is 56 ½ inches if you measure from plant to plant in the same row.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

DD's spacing was 40" from plant to plant.

So if I go 40 instead of 46 I will have evenmore room.
I am getting ready to start moving current room's and building.
I think I will just frame it out at the 21X14X9'6 and will have plenty of room to move around.
I am even considering doing 8 MPD with 15 light's.
Then growing some soil girl's on the outskirt's.

To scale 3
Top Bottom