Mpb's no air for 22 hours

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yayarea

So the title says it all, got to the grow and the power had been out for 22 hours what should I do for the roots? No air and the roots underwater all that time, anyone experience this in Mpb or dwc?

S

space101

No worries you'll be good as long as the water was still in the MPB's. I would be more concerned about the light interuption.

Y

yayarea

Would you go as far as a flush with h202 or some type of sm90 added to the res?

D

Dubsta

I'd take a peek at the roots and see how they look, and how did the plants themselfs look? just droopy right? I've had my air turn off for longer with no problems. I'd do a sniff test on your water.. see if it smells like shit.

Personally i think there will be no harm from it.

Y

yayarea

Thanks for the responses guys, the was no power at all so no movement of nutes at all. The smell I would say is like a fish tank not shitty smelling but not a pleasant one. The roots aren't bright white cause I use flora nova and roots excel. There's just a different smell in the air coming from the tubs and res that wasn't there before the power went out water temps and room temps are perfect.

M

mrdizzle

DD says u have about 30hrs, you need to buy a battery and turn some air pumps on until the power comes back

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

yeah add some h2o2 forsure, dont over do it with it but that will up the disolved oxygen. If it goes any longer maybe do a rez change and get some fresh water in there.

Top Bottom