Mr. Brazil’s First Grow. 7th Day (from germination) Am I pushing them too much?

• Thread starter MrBrazilGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBrazilGrows

MrBrazilGrows

Greetings humans! You may call me Mr. Brazil. Don’t ask me if I’m from Brazil.
My question is: Do these girls look alright to you?

Amnesia Haze AUTO seeds by Crop King - AH
Inzsane AUTO by Ethos. - INZ

I am doing my first grow tent grow. NEVER done any gardening, didn’t know anything about botany.
Naturally, I decided to go full sealed 4x4 Gorilla tent with supplemental CO2 via a Propane CO2 Generator. AC, Dehumidifier set up, Inkwell controllers to run everything. With my wife’s complete and dedicated support, I watched just enough YouTube videos to build a functioning, self-enclosed grow tent. I am so proud! Hardware is just a good foundation, however. I realized I have a great deal of intuitive knowledge about how to foster plant life. And I am willing to put into use. So I am doing it. For science! Really for joints, but yay science!

I started by germinating the seeds using paper towels and ph adjusted water. I expected maybe about 80% germination. Turns out, when you germinate your seeds at 80% humidity, 28 to 30 degree Celsius and between 1200 and 1500 ppm of CO2, your seeds kinda… like that? Don’t know CO2 affects germination rate. They all came up! In two days, a couple of the AH had a long twisting seedling first root extended all the way out of the shell. Had to plant them within 36 hours.

I kept the lights at around 50%, roughly 18 inches from soil surface. They popped out of the dirt quite nicely. One little girl was the first and it is still the strongest seedling! She is one of AH seeds. All the others popped out of the dirt within a day or two.

I am concerned about her and the other girls. The leaves look a tad bit “crinkly”. Not a deep dark green, but a lighter green than I… expected. Again, I have never seen a cannabis seedling before in my life.

Mr. Brazil humbly (but proudly) seeks the knowledge from this community.

Am I hurting these girls? Do they look alright to you?

Current status is: 70 to 70% RH%, 1500 to 2000 ppm CO2, 85 to 90 C.
Soil is moist now, moist enough that it sticks a little when you squeeze a bit of it. But i kept it wetter for the first couple of days… I bit too wet I think (now) but not soaked. I may have over water them a tad bit? Or am I pushing them too much at around 600 to 700 ppfd? (Measured with iPhone’s Photone and paper as diffuser).
The KIND LED x420 is kept at 75 %, 18 inches from top of canopy. Two White Rose bars are on each side of the KIND to fill in the sides. I read they can handle more light and more stresses with CO2. Please let me know. Thank you kindly. Mr Brazil out.

2487E194-D113-4507-B5A3-BF20D3D59E0E.jpeg
AE7517EC-FC9E-4FBA-A79E-5D6F8BE3D814.jpeg
Mr brazils first grow 7th day from germination am i pushing them too much 3

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Greetings humans! You may call me Mr. Brazil. Don’t ask me if I’m from Brazil.
My question is: Do these girls look alright to you?

Amnesia Haze AUTO seeds by Crop King - AH
Inzsane AUTO by Ethos. - INZ

I am doing my first grow tent grow. NEVER done any gardening, didn’t know anything about botany.
Naturally, I decided to go full sealed 4x4 Gorilla tent with supplemental CO2 via a Propane CO2 Generator. AC, Dehumidifier set up, Inkwell controllers to run everything. With my wife’s complete and dedicated support, I watched just enough YouTube videos to build a functioning, self-enclosed grow tent. I am so proud! Hardware is just a good foundation, however. I realized I have a great deal of intuitive knowledge about how to foster plant life. And I am willing to put into use. So I am doing it. For science! Really for joints, but yay science!

I started by germinating the seeds using paper towels and ph adjusted water. I expected maybe about 80% germination. Turns out, when you germinate your seeds at 80% humidity, 28 to 30 degree Celsius and between 1200 and 1500 ppm of CO2, your seeds kinda… like that? Don’t know CO2 affects germination rate. They all came up! In two days, a couple of the AH had a long twisting seedling first root extended all the way out of the shell. Had to plant them within 36 hours.

I kept the lights at around 50%, roughly 18 inches from soil surface. They popped out of the dirt quite nicely. One little girl was the first and it is still the strongest seedling! She is one of AH seeds. All the others popped out of the dirt within a day or two.

I am concerned about her and the other girls. The leaves look a tad bit “crinkly”. Not a deep dark green, but a lighter green than I… expected. Again, I have never seen a cannabis seedling before in my life.

Mr. Brazil humbly (but proudly) seeks the knowledge from this community.

Am I hurting these girls? Do they look alright to you?

Current status is: 70 to 70% RH%, 1500 to 2000 ppm CO2, 85 to 90 C.
Soil is moist now, moist enough that it sticks a little when you squeeze a bit of it. But i kept it wetter for the first couple of days… I bit too wet I think (now) but not soaked. I may have over water them a tad bit? Or am I pushing them too much at around 600 to 700 ppfd? (Measured with iPhone’s Photone and paper as diffuser).
The KIND LED x420 is kept at 75 %, 18 inches from top of canopy. Two White Rose bars are on each side of the KIND to fill in the sides. I read they can handle more light and more stresses with CO2. Please let me know. Thank you kindly. Mr Brazil out.

View attachment 1190399View attachment 1190400View attachment 1190401
Perfecto keep doing what u doing make shure light is above around 28 to 30 inches above for now. U dnt wanna burn the pretty lady. Once it gets first true leafs then drop the light down to 22 to 28 inches above.(depends on type light u using check manual) and once u got it your desired hight put the plant in a bigger pot grab urself some living soil I use solhum or purple cow IndiCanja. Just water and watch her grow.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

And shit I was skimming threw didnt even notice u have a good sealed room good stuff bud. Yes they can handle bit more stress. Just keep it at range ur at and make shure u got ac dehumidifier big enough to handle room or tent.

TSD

TSD

Perfecto keep doing what u doing make shure light is above around 28 to 30 inches above for now. U dnt wanna burn the pretty lady. Once it gets first true leafs then drop the light down to 22 to 28 inches above.(depends on type light u using check manual) and once u got it your desired hight put the plant in a bigger pot grab urself some living soil I use solhum or purple cow IndiCanja. Just water and watch her grow.
If they're autos, transplanting generally is not recommended...

Top Bottom