Mr.Sputnik from Denver

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Hello, I've been a medical grower here in CO since 2005 when there were less than 2,000 med patients in the state (now it's probably closer to 50,000 statewide) and boy have things changed here in the past year! I really like sativas from central and south america and indicas from the hindu kush mountain region. I've gotten some great strains from Reeferman, Jordan of the Isles, Federation (RIP), and THC laboratories that I've been working with and doing my own breeding program. My favorite so far is {(jordan's afghani X THC's Red Columbian) X Reef's Bhodi Satva) that I call the Pepe le Pew. The afghani finally comes out and swells the buds at 12 weeks, finishes in 14 weeks. The bhodi is some serious jungle weed BTW. I like to use DWC buckets for more indica strains and dirt for the more sativa plants, but I am here to look for more medium options for the sativa dominant plants as I don't really like dealing with dirt (coco hydroton, ect).
The Island Sweet Skunk clone that has been around denver is from Federation seeds, I picked the seeds up from the hemp BC bookstore on hastings st in vancouver in 2003, gave a friend of mine a clone and he gave it to probably 5 other people as it was one of the best strains we had seen in the area at that time and it took off. The ISS is in every decent dispensary now and I know it's the same fantastic clone someone I don't even know grew out. It's become the staple medicinal strain of the Denver area. It's a shame that Federation is no longer around. The big bud X mikado and the mikado are two strains I would love to work with if anyone has a connection.
Props to reeferman! I've grown out the thunderfuck, willie nelson, bhodi satva, graperfruit, and now the supreme hashplant. The grapefruit has been a great plant for DWC and I'm stoked to try the hashplant in DWC. Reeferman has some of the best strains around and I love the fact he releases some of his own baseline strains, not many seed companies do that. My crosses made with reeferman strains have always come out exceptional.
My plans include a medium scale medicinal grow here in Denver, as I have been disapointed by the flood of mediocre overpriced medicine on the market. I have yet to walk into a dispensary here and see anything impressive, something that I could not grow better myself. There's alot of jackasses on the scene, lots of showboating that doesn't belong in the medicinal community. "medicinal dispensaries" that have an 8' neon pot leaf in the window, jail bars on the reception counter, a 60" DLP TV with some yahoo playing guitar hero in the waiting room, a pool table, ect. That's what is going to screw it up for our beloved medicinal community, some jackass from Los Angeles moving in for the green rush because the market is overly saturated in LA. Totally unnecssary. Let your product speak for itself. If you can grow me out of the market, so be it. This isn't a social scene and that's the problem, the overlap of medicinal vs recreational use. I'm all for recreational use, but don't make a scene where people don't want to see it. People need to be discrete (at least initially) if they want the community to be accepting. If not, go back to California untill you can make that bill into a state constitutional amendment, and take that F-ing 8' neon leaf with you.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Welcome to the farm and to the mountains, gotta love it up here, snow on the ground today, lovin it..

Tex

R

Rimbaud

I just finished up a 6 mo contract for a telco in denver! (well aurora actually) Man i love that state everywhere in co just seems great. Boulder had a great vibe.

Watch the cali bashing though! We are not all ganga gangsta's! I have always avoided the neon sign shops no matter what they sell! I have to agree that stuff in shops very rarely beats the best out there but hey its gotta start somewhere right?

I just read in The Economist (last months) about how the world view of cannabis is changing and how california is leading the way! Great read if you get the chance.

B

BigRigRob

Howdy, Welcome aboard http://i511.invalid.com/albums/s356/BigRigRob/trink39-1.gif

http://i511.invalid.com/albums/s356/BigRigRob/timb.gif

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I just finished up a 6 mo contract for a telco in denver! (well aurora actually) Man i love that state everywhere in co just seems great. Boulder had a great vibe.

Watch the cali bashing though! We are not all ganga gangsta's! I have always avoided the neon sign shops no matter what they sell! I have to agree that stuff in shops very rarely beats the best out there but hey its gotta start somewhere right?

I just read in The Economist (last months) about how the world view of cannabis is changing and how california is leading the way! Great read if you get the chance.

I have a very dear friend in mendocino. It's not everyone from cali, it's the socal showboating mentality, if you're from cali then you know what I mean. the fakey insincere superficial LA crap folks who get tatoos and weird hair just so other lame asses think their cool. People who get into the business just to think it's the cool thing to do, much like owning a vineyard. There is plenty of this here in CO but a little more subdued, there are lame asses everywhere. Like the people who coined the name "broadsterdam" for S. Broadway St. in Denver and advertise it on their bilboards. Well, they'll get raided first if the DEA decides to make a move (Knock on wood).

Some of the very best strains in the world were developed in california by some real folks, people who do it for the right reasons; for the love of the plant. lemme see, northern lights, the purps, grape ape, ortega, OG kush, the list goes on and on. I can't deny that.

D

deftron

There is plenty of this here in CO but a little more subdued, there are lame asses everywhere. Like the people who coined the name "broadsterdam" for S. Broadway St. in Denver and advertise it on their bilboards. Well, they'll get raided first if the DEA decides to make a move (Knock on wood).

HA! just talking about this.....lotsa terds runnin around here.

Welcome neighbor.

I think alot of us feel the same way. I just hope people can differentiate and support the few real dispensaries instead of just settling for cali outdoor.

we'll see

Top Bottom