Mrs Spleefman's Bush

• Thread starter Bud Spleefman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Alrighty, now that I have your attention you freakin' pervs, quit thinking what you're thinking and think about growing some BUSH! I like a big BUSH myself, the bigger the better, and this grow has some big-ass BUSHES!

First, we are in the great state of Colorado, where Caregivers are not allowed to co-op grow space, each Caregiver's grow has to be seperate and distinct, so, this is my wife's Caregiver grow. I have my own Caregiver grow, not too far from this one.

Anyway, THIS GROW is 8,000 watts, 16 plants, grown Vertical Style with bare bulbs in Canna Coco, using the GH Flora series at a 6/9 ratio, with added Cal-Mag, and some other shtuff...

This pic is the last run, just harvested, the room was full. More small nugs than I would have liked, but still just fine. You are looking at Sour Diesel in the front, some Headband, also

A32.JPG

The next three pics are all Alien OG Kush

AOG32.JPG

AOG21.JPG

AOG4.JPG

5 gallon black buckets as containers, coco w/ some perlite mixed in, all fed on an automatic sprinkler timer setup, complete with massive 1.5 hp Flotec Pump and sprinkler valve, and a 300 gallon res. This system is a drain to waste, all the buckets are in another bucket and those buckets are hooked together with white PVC PIPE AND UNISEALS! Who doesn't like a grow featuring UNISEALS! The system drains out the side of the building into a french drain which runs away from the building, and so far even in the middle of winter it is working great.

A11.JPG

There is a small portable A/C unit, but that's it, and none of the lights are aircooled. The room runs at night, temps are maxed at 80, with a low in the low 60's. There is massive ventilation, I am using a Vortex 12 inch exhaust and an Elicient 8 " intake. Outside air temps are lows of about zero and highs of about 30F. I did run this last summer with minimal issues, but I may install a mini-split in here next spring an possibly convert to a sealed room, maybe adding CO2.

Here's the buckets:

Bucket1.JPG

Bucket2.JPG

Alright, I will post more when I convert the pics... stay tuned!

T

TreFarmer

Hi:sad0047: my name is TreFarmer, and I am a BUSH ADDICT!

...."Hi TreFarmer, welcome to Bushes Annonymous":bong2:

Bud ....I like things very well;) kudos. +1

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi:sad0047: my name is TreFarmer, and I am a BUSH ADDICT!

...."Hi TreFarmer, welcome to Bushes Annonymous":bong2:

Bud ....I like things very well;) kudos. +1

What's up Tre! Welcome to the thread! :bong2:

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, my 2nd favorite thing after a big bush is a BIG ASS PUMP.

Flotec 1.5 HP, 1 inch inlet, 1 inch outlet.

Pump.jpg

B

bluewaves

Big ass pumps and big ass bushes hmmmm....
Something fishes here! Lol .. Lovely grow what's Ur feeding pattern?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I think I just caught Budititis, those bushes are SICK!!

deep buddy

deep buddy

Man, my 2nd favorite thing after a big bush is a BIG ASS PUMP.

Flotec 1.5 HP, 1 inch inlet, 1 inch outlet.

Pump.jpg

hells yeah i was just looking at that bad boy this mornin at the depot. those alien og trees look fire! nice werk!

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I like mudflaps falling from my bushes, oh wait... I like weed bushes too.

Your girl has a nice garden Spleef. That AOG is going off. Gives me high hopes for mine.

D

Diggler

Very nice! Tell me about your bucket set up? You have drippers with the pvc draining to a sump setup?

C

caligula

I'm not a huge fan of most of the alien hybrids, however that is one mighty fine gal you have there. great grow!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Big ass pumps and big ass bushes hmmmm....
Something fishes here! Lol .. Lovely grow what's Ur feeding pattern?

When the plants are really rocking they are getting fed 3 times a day for a minute each.

I like mudflaps falling from my bushes, oh wait... I like weed bushes too.

Your girl has a nice garden Spleef. That AOG is going off. Gives me high hopes for mine.

Now that's a funny visual, Mudflaps, huh? We're getting older, but I hadn't heard that term before!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Okay, we've been busy cleaning, and transplanting, getting the room loaded for the next run

Here's a shot of the Headband, just so we can see how big these plants got last round.

Headband21.JPG

Here's the way the buckets are laid out:

Room_Layout2.JPG

Room_Layout.JPG

And, as I mentioned, we are using a 300 gallon res, feeding three times a day for a minute each time.

Res.JPG

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
So, here is the Sprinkler Controller, it has three wires, is all, one is common, one controls the sprinkler valve and one controls a relay that runs the pump. Very easy to hook up!

Controller.jpg

Inside.jpg

Obviously if you use a 5 gallon bucket for a plant container it better have some drainage holes.

Hole_Pattern2.JPG

Hole_Pattern.JPG

We are using well rooted plants to fill the room, they will be flipped to 12/12 within a few days.

Roots13.JPG

Canna Coco, with maybe 10% perlite........ I've gone as high as 30%, and as low as none, I think the plants might grow faster with more perlite, but maybe taste more like hydro.

Coco_Mix.JPG

O

Outofnames

holy hell bud! im running 4 plants in pure coco this round after seeing mophos plants. That headband is just crazy big for a 5 gallon...

well done bro :party0044:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Lookin' good bro! I gotta get my vert room dialed like yours! At least my horizontal room is rocking right! I'm thinking lately that 10% perlite might also be better than just pure coco. I've been having real nice growth and flavor with a 1 inch top dress of earth worm castings during bloom. Helps keep em green, keep the trace minerals in check, and adds some microbial life!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for stopping in guys! That Headband was a 15 oz plant, I've had some in here as big as 22 oz.

So, the room is loaded with new plants, I will be busy this weekend pruning and then wrapping them in tomato cages, I will take some more pics.... :mmm

W

waywardson

Nice looking grow Bud. Really like your plant selection.

We have gone to 50% coco, 50% #3 perlite and like Mofo we have found the ewc seem to make a very nice addition. I don't have a clue why, but we see it every time. We mix it in at transplant though...1/2 cubic ft per 9 cubic ft of the coco/perlite. Top dressing at flower would probably be a most excellent idea also.

One thing I might suggest would be vegging in smaller containers or sizing up when you transplant. We find a shitload of root growth takes place during stretch. If your roots are banging against the side of the container or circling it seriously limits your growth potential.

We also like to pinch every branch at the beginning of flower. It seems to help them stack flowers better rather than string them out. You have to be careful though...when we aggressively pruned to form big colas we ran into a little bud rot problem from them being to big/dense. I think it is a tradeoff you make to go vertical and over a pound a plant.

Also be careful about pruning to an open center too early. It puts a lot of pressure on the branches.

Anyways...very nice looking grow.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Hell yeah Bud, looking good! That Alien OG and Sour D look particularly nice. Your lady really knows how to setup a professional looking operation =). Can't wait to see more.

C

crossouttheiis

damn thats looking super awesome I have never done coco before, but maybe sometime in the future

Latest posts

Top Bottom