Supporter
Headband or Sour D, I dunno..........

Sour_D_1.JPG

Looks headband leaning

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
is that alien og from cali connection ? if it is thats the dankest alien og i have ever seen come from the cali con. I have seen one other person's alien og that was crazy dank but every other alien og from the cc i have seen looked mediocre at best most i have seen hermied and didnt look no wear near as good thats a sick pheno for sure nice job hommie

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes, that was Cali Connection Alien OG, I just let that one go, ran her for about a year. It was a monstrous yielder, and the bud smelled like Tahoe OG. I would still have her, but now I have secured some real OG Kush cuts, so it seemed redundant to keep a wanna-be OG around. But, as I said, it was a keeper, for awhile. I think if you lived somewhere where it was hard to get real cuts that you might want to give it a go... I had no hermies on that strain, but I did on the Aliendog from CC.....

That room is still rockin' got a bunch of Chemdog D in there, now, I might have to go take some pics.......

deep buddy

deep buddy

i bet it is just wanna say thanks bud, kinda got alot of good ideas from you and idk if i ever thanked you, so thank you.
hope all is well with you and yours

ttystikk

ttystikk

Nice looking grow Bud. Really like your plant selection.

We have gone to 50% coco, 50% #3 perlite and like Mofo we have found the ewc seem to make a very nice addition. I don't have a clue why, but we see it every time. We mix it in at transplant though...1/2 cubic ft per 9 cubic ft of the coco/perlite. Top dressing at flower would probably be a most excellent idea also.

One thing I might suggest would be vegging in smaller containers or sizing up when you transplant. We find a shitload of root growth takes place during stretch. If your roots are banging against the side of the container or circling it seriously limits your growth potential.

We also like to pinch every branch at the beginning of flower. It seems to help them stack flowers better rather than string them out. You have to be careful though...when we aggressively pruned to form big colas we ran into a little bud rot problem from them being to big/dense. I think it is a tradeoff you make to go vertical and over a pound a plant.

Also be careful about pruning to an open center too early. It puts a lot of pressure on the branches.

Anyways...very nice looking grow.

Lots to like in this post; he's going with 50/50 coco and perlite, Dank's 'hater buckets' are even more hydroton and less coco, seems to be a good direction.

EWC= earthworm castings, and I think these are extremely valuable in coco and other substrate style grows, organic or not, because of the mix of available nutrients, microbes and the fact that EWC has a lot of enzymes that help other processes along. This kind of activity in the substrate is why I've decided to step away from RDWC for awhile.

An excellent point about finding ways to encourage root growth headed into flow. The truth is that MMJ as an annual in the wild spends much if not most of its time in flower. It therefore stands to reason that the plant would grow aggressively in the beginning of the flowering cycle, to ensure it gets everything it needs later on. Dank's ez rooter aeration frame find is definitely the way to go if you can afford it. I'm running at least my first batch in 5 gallon buckets and I AM concerned about root circling.

I hadn't heard the tip about pinching every every branch at the beginning of flower, but this too makes sense. Getting too lanky a plant interferes with its neighbors and hard to hold up, while reducing yield density. Indoors, that means less yield overall. I used to make the last topping right around the beginning of flower and it worked out pretty well. This may be why.

Overpruning is never a good idea, unless the aim is to intentionally stunt/bonsai the plant! Since we're generally not trying to do that, this is also good advice. Better to trim selectively and be more consistent with it over the first 2-4 weeks. See Desertsquirrel's comments on topping and training.

Y

yayarea

what type of yields are you getting from those buckets? Im using 2o gallon containers of chow mix with 1000 watt vert lighting on 3 sides trying to get 1.5 per plant, just wondering if im overdoing it.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I average about 1.5 a light in this room, usually at least a 12 pack.... 2 plants per light

Personally, unless I was growing outside, I think 20 gallons is overdoing it.... but hey, you can prob go a week without water/feed, I gotta feed at least twice a day

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Looks beautiful! Wow, you are truly a master grower Bud! I want to be just like you when I grows up! Keep the pics coming! :)

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Honestly, we have been killing it in this room.....

1.5 lb Chemdog D plant......

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Bruce Banner #3 Cut (REZ Strawberry Diesel x Ghost OG Kush) has been a real winner for us.......... also capable of going over a lb a plant, and of course, dank as fuk....... it's a bit dated, but so are these pics....

Banner1

BannerNug
Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
And, of course, the local Headband cut keeps on keeping on, like Diesel only better.... still, pretty low yielding for a room like this. If I really wanted to max this out, a strain like Master Kush, or Blue Dream, I can hit 2lbs a light, I am guessing.

HB2
Headband a winner

Top Bottom