Multi Strain Bed Grow looking for keepers

• Thread starter m4s73r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
(Bloom day 48) Some of these are definatly going to run longer then others. However I think the entire Hugel bed is going to be done about the same time.
Living soil bed.

View attachment 1213375

Jack Herer and White Strawberry

View attachment 1213376 View attachment 1213377

Hugel Kulture Bed

View attachment 1213378

Pineapple Express

View attachment 1213379 View attachment 1213382

C99
View attachment 1213381
So purdy!! You all take such great photos. Now I have to learn that too? 🤣🤣

So inspiring to see what can (and will) be.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Does "no till" include turning your garden over with a backhoe?

Cause last year, I turned a spot in the front of our log cabin that was the nastiest clay soil, into a garden, by mixing in all my old trim and stems, then went out in the woods, scraped up a bunch of organic leaf mold/material/sticks/forest stuff, dumped it into my garden, took the backhoe and mixed it all up. I grew AMAZING tomatoes... and 2 BEAUTIFUL male weed plants that the bees loved.
Nope, no till would mean that after you grew your tomatoes and male plants that you would not till up your garden again. You will just plant right on into it after running a cover crop or something. Look into Regenerating Soil. Dr. Elaine Ingham is a soil biologist that has been studying soil for 40 years. She can teach you all about maintaining soil.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Nope, no till would mean that after you grew your tomatoes and male plants that you would not till up your garden again. You will just plant right on into it after running a cover crop or something. Look into Regenerating Soil. Dr. Elaine Ingham is a soil biologist that has been studying soil for 40 years. She can teach you all about maintaining soil.

Thank you VERY much for the infor.

m4s73r

m4s73r

So purdy!! You all take such great photos. Now I have to learn that too? 🤣🤣

So inspiring to see what can (and will) be.
Wait till I get my actual camera out and stop using this cell phone.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Bloom Day 55

m4s73r

m4s73r

Came back and realized that it dont upload the full resolution photo. looks like it compresses it. Ill get some deeper zome ones up.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Ok this tent is chopped and hung. Temp sitting around 66F and RH at 60%

m4s73r

m4s73r

Bloom day 73 (yesterday) We chopped the plants in the living soil bed and got all plants hung. I will be back in a few weeks for the final thoughts, weights and smoke report!. Thanks for everyone that followed along.
Few weeks of moving some stuff around and we will be looking to get the next round growing.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Today has been a trim day. So far 2 plants done. 127.6g on the critical (with 41g larf/trim...). The Pineapple Express did much better. 321.8 grams with only 31g of larf/trim. Still have the Northern Lights Blue and C99 to trim. Working on those this morning.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Critical Nug: 127.6g
Critical Trim: 41g

PE Nug: 321.8g
Pe Trim: 31g

NLB Nug: 220.7g
NLB Trim : 63.8

C99 Nug: 247.6
C99 Trim: 42.5

Total Nug Hugel Culture Bed : 917.7g/ 32.78 Oz/ 2.05 Lbs
Total Trim: 178.3g/ 6.38 Oz/ .40 Lbs

White Strawberries Nug 212.2g
WS Trim: 30.3

Sage N Sour Nug: 228.5
SnS Trim: 43.5

Kali 47 Nug 86.5
K47 trim: 29.4

Jack Herer nug: 427.1
JH Trim 53.4

Total Nug Living Soil Bed: 954.3g/ 34.08 Oz/ 2.13 Lbs
Total Trim: 156.6g/ 5.59 Oz/ .35 Lbs

Total Grow for Winter 2021-22 1872g/ 66.86 Oz/ 4.20 Lbs
Total Trim: 334.9g/ 11.96 Oz/ .75 Lbs

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Critical Nug: 127.6g
Critical Trim: 41g

PE Nug: 321.8g
Pe Trim: 31g

NLB Nug: 220.7g
NLB Trim : 63.8

C99 Nug: 247.6
C99 Trim: 42.5

Total Nug Hugel Culture Bed : 917.7g/ 32.78 Oz/ 2.05 Lbs
Total Trim: 178.3g/ 6.38 Oz/ .40 Lbs

White Strawberries Nug 212.2g
WS Trim: 30.3

Sage N Sour Nug: 228.5
SnS Trim: 43.5

Kali 47 Nug 86.5
K47 trim: 29.4

Jack Herer nug: 427.1
JH Trim 53.4

Total Nug Living Soil Bed: 954.3g/ 34.08 Oz/ 2.13 Lbs
Total Trim: 156.6g/ 5.59 Oz/ .35 Lbs

Total Grow for Winter 2021-22 1872g/ 66.86 Oz/ 4.20 Lbs
Total Trim: 334.9g/ 11.96 Oz/ .75 Lbs
And a new stalker….. What a season!! Sweet man. The possibilities are endless and when this house sell/buy is over I’ll have 2 extra rooms. I wonder what I could do with them.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Thanks! IT was a good run. Didnt do a whole lot. But having a good photo record of different cultivars is nice. So far the C99 and the Pineapple Express have been killer. The Critical is good morning smoke. the NLB seems to be working for my med patient. But I also have to take into account grow and production.

Over all there was a low spot in the soil where the critical was. I am thinking that is why she didn't yield as good. I was also had a few issues with watering. These plants all drank different. so one is getting what they want, one is flooded and the other 2 are dry... We are going to move to a different set up that would allow a bit more target watering and broader coverage.

Looking at the weights and future of the cultivars grown in the Hugel bed.
Critical could have done better. 200 grams/plant is a good average for the size of plants I want to grow in a 5x5 tent. Had the NLB not stretched so much I may have been able to get the light closer to Critical and she may have done better. I also have noticed in the bed that there is a low spot in the soil If any other strain emerges as a good/better morning smoke I will cull her from the mothers and reduce her entire crop to hash.

Pineapple express did very well in yield. Nice trim, good bag appeal. Top notch. Until yesterday. We have found 2 seeds so far. Not fully developed. But just 2 little brown seeds. Wife like it the most so far of these 4. Unsure on if we will keep this cut. I can see we let her go too long and she's not a "amber" showing variety. Soon as she's fully cloudy need to pull her. This one killed it in weight. nug:trim was good. This one may sit in my stable for a bit.

C99 is proly the rock star here. I am not just saying that cause its my favorite. Just super smooth citrus skunk. Dense nugs and solid trim. She looked like she was right off the advertising page. No seeds, trimmed great, grew amazing, and smokes wonderfully. Going to keep her for sure.

Northern Lights Blue. Top this plant or grow it vertical style. Period. Everything that was south of 800 ppfd was larfy and small. The tops were great. We've found a couple of stress seeds so far. I'd say that this cut does not like early flower super cropping. And the nug:larf was poor on this run as well. I get a more even canopy and she should do good. If something better is found for medicinal use in the Living soil bed then this one will be culled and sent to hash.

More to come. Next week we will start dipping into the other 4 cultivars and I'll be back with another take away. Final pics are coming. I'm waiting on a flash and new light box to come in. Once I have a bit more cure we will do the hash runs followed by the Rosin pressing. I'll give weights on all of it.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Your passion jumps off the page in your descriptions, issues you ran into and what to possibly improve. I read it and say, “what’s to improve?”

I am not getting ahead of myself yet. I need a bunch of runs in this 5x5 and i think I’ll be keeping the Earth Boxes a bit, before I can move on and up, but seeing what is to come is exciting. It also gives me the strength to get up the stairs more than I should. Hahaha.

I read much more than I comment on and am going to be following right along. There’s gold in these posts for a noob.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Crap what a long day. So my neighbor is a master carpenter and he is also my maintenance/ project guy. monday/tuesday we will be putting up the walls, running water spigots, moving electrical and light proofing my new 9x11 room.
Today however, I had to scoop all 165 gallons of soil out of the living soil bed, onto a tarp, then move the bed and refill. I also decided at this time to remove some of the medium as it was getting up to the top. I need a little more in the other bed so this will work out good. Once walls are up and watering system is installed we will commence with our regularly scheduled program. Beds need amended, clovered, asap. End of the week Zangria Testers will be in. So we will have those popped and in cups as soon as they come in. I was going to sow them in to the beds, but I need to get this run up and going. We will see how things line up.

On another front, Press plates will be here monday. I have about a pound and a half left of this WWxBB that the family has been smoking on for the last 3 months and we're all sick of it. So I am going to turn this into my "learn'n" weed. It was pretty dry so its in a tote with a cup of water getting all nice and moist again. Next couple of days I will be pre-pressing all of this and getting in bags. I also have a ounce of sift left over that we will try out. I am not expecting much as all of this is pretty old stuff but should prove to be good training material.

Top Bottom