Multi Strain Toilet Paper Apocalypse Grow

• Thread starter GrowConcern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowConcern

GrowConcern

Well, I thought I’d start another grow while I’m stuck in the house. I had initially planned to go with a perpetual grow with 2 8x8 flower tents and a 10x5 veg tent, harvesting a 4x4 every week or so, but decided to go with a straight single room seed to flower grow for logistical reasons right now.

This is my second grow. I had pretty good success on my first grow...about 1.25 lbs per watt.

I’m working with my 21 year old son this grow, teaching him what I’ve learned. He’ll be taking care of the GG #4 and the Wedding Cake. I think it will be kind of cool to share this with him and spend some quality time together.

Genetics

I planted 21 feminized seeds (all Canuk Seeds from True North Seed Bank. all in quotes from their catalogue.) In total 17 germinated. So the seedlings at present are:

Sativa - Double Chocoalate x3:

“Bred with our Coco Melon and an OG Chocolate Thai, we doubled up on the heavy chocolate flavours and aromas from both parenting strains.
Double Chocolate has mainly Sativa effects that most recount as being beneficial to focus, concentration, creativity, and most social situations.
Thanks to the OG genetics, the Double Chocolate will mature in only 65 days of flowering, with a very high THC of around 21-26%”

Hybrid - Gelato x2:

“Gelato is a delightful cross of Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies coming natively from the Bay area of California.

As you would expect from the name, Gelato carries a fruity, dessert like aroma. The diverse terpene profile provides a complex flavour that has been described as sweet, citrus, earthy, mint, berry, cookie, and even lavender.

The buds of Gelato almost always retain dark purple hues, with fiery orange pistils, topped in an excessive amount of trichomes.

The effect of Gelato typically has a very strong physical relaxation effect, while also being well balanced enough to retain focus and productivity”

I grew 6 of these last grow and got some exceptional weed, but one or two runty plants as well. Once I get the flower tent running I’ll have to pheno hunt this strain for a good mother. This time one failed to germinate, as was the case last grow.

Hybrid - Wedding Cake x3:

Wedding Cake is a delectable hybrid of Girl Scout Cookies and Cherry Pie, blessed with an incredibly diverse terpene profile thanks to it’s powerhouse parenting genetics.

The aroma and flavour of Wedding Cake is known to be rich, sweet, tangy, earthy, sour, cream, with pepper and vanilla undertones.

Those lucky enough to have indulged; describe the effects of Wedding Cake as relaxed, happy, euphoric, uplifting, cerebral and creative.

Hybrid - Do Si Dos x3:

Do-si-dos is a potent cross of Girl Scout Cookies and Face Off OG Bx3.

The buds produced from Do-si-dos display typical indica traits; pale green in colour, with light purple leaves, bright pistils, and are remarkably dense.

The aroma and taste of Do-si-dos has been described as earthy, sweet, pungent, fruity and skunky.

Do-si-dos is cerebral, and uplifting with an effect many users have said to benefact nearly any social situation, while also providing a feeling of total relaxation.

Do-si-dos usually flowers in roughly 8-9 weeks, testing very high at around 26 - 30% THC.”

Indica - Bubba Kush x1:

Only 1 out of 3 seeds took root.

“Canuk Seeds' Bubba Kush is brought to you by two quality parents - Bubblegum and OG Kush.

Bubba Kush is an indica strain that has gained notoriety in the US and beyond for its heavy tranquilizing effects.

It is a large yielding plant with a heavy bud density, exhibiting a distinctive, bulky bud structure with hues that range from forest green to a pale purple.

Flowering in 9 weeks this indica dominant strain induces calming, relaxing effects, that is the perfect remedy to someone looking to relieve insomnia or stress as it is an excellent sleep enhancer.”

Sativa - White Widow x1:

*Freebee seed

“White Widow first appeared in Holland at the beginning of the 1990’s and quickly became a hit in all the coffee shops and not long after, around the World.
White Widow is a potent cross of a Brazilian and an Indian sativa.
Its name stems from its immense crystal production that makes it shine and glimmer. Its buds are white with crystal resin as the name would suggest, warning you of the strong effects to come. A powerful burst of euphoria and energy breaks through nearly instantly, stimulating both conversation and creativity. For this reason we highly suggest the use of White Widow for social engagements.
White Widow can be grown both indoors and outdoors. It will finish indoors in around 8 weeks and outdoors in late October.
This is a great strain for wannabe breeders. It is an easy to grow strain with a very strong sativa effect.”

I grew a freebee seed of this last grow. Got a couple of ounces that tested at 27% THC.

Indica - Blueberry x1:

*Freebee seed

“The sweet flavor of fresh blueberries combine with relaxing effects to produce a long-lasting sense of euphoria.
Blueberry is a perfect strain for medical users to suppress pain and relieve stress used most commonly for ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, Cancer, Depression, Headaches, Migraines, and PTSD, while connoisseurs and growers admire the strain its colorful hues and high THC %.
Although some of the blue from the mother has been lost in the cross, about 50% of this strain retains the blue and 100% it’s mother fruity taste.”

I grew a freebee plant of this last grow. It yielded about 3-4 oz. of really nice, dense buds. And the name suits it, there’s a real distinct blueberry taste and smell.

Hybrid - GG#4 x3:

“This potent, long-lasting indica- dominant hybrid strain has an exceptionally euphoric effect with high medical value, especially related to chronic pain management and stress.
THC levels have been known to reach anywhere from 18% to 31%, and this is no surprise as soon as you look at the dense, trichome-covered buds.
In substantial doses, this strain has been known to glue people to the couch, so novice users may want to beware!”

Environment, Medium, Nutrients, Etc.

The grow set up is in a 8ft. X 8ft. grow tent, with the height extended to 8 ft. We germinated the seeds in paper towel. Once they were germinated, we placed them in hydrated Jiffy Pellets, except for one, which I put in a peat pot filled with coco and perlite. I ran out of pellets. Lol.

In the next day or so, I’ll replant to small (1 gallon) pots with a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. Final pots will be 7 gallon fabric pots. They will be elevated and fed through a RTW passive hydro system that I will post pictures of once I’ve made some changes from last grow. I’ll hand fertigate until final pots.

They’re currently just being fed water. When we transition to nutes, in a week or so, I’ll be using Advanced Nutrients CoCo Connoiseur, with VooDoo Juice and B-52 in veg and Big Bud and Bud Candy in flower.

Multi strain toilet paper apocalypse grow

We’ll be running 4 lights. Two 630w CMH, a 400w COB LED and a 400w Quantum Board LED. Currently the seedlings are under the QB, dimmed to about 50%. I’ll add dimmed CMH for blue spectrum as they start to mature, gradually ramping up to the full 2060w by late veg.

For air we have an 8“ in-line fan, drawing air out through an 8” carbon filter. We have air coming in through another 8” fan. I’ll be adding some oscillating clip fans for airflow.

I have a CO2 fermentation bucket that I plan to try. I know it’s not a sealed room, bit it’s cheap and I’ll set the fans on a timer so the room is Airtight for a few hours when the lights are off. Hopefully there’s some beneficial effect. We also put in a cool mist evaporator to increase the humidity.

Top Bottom