Multiple Choice Options for a mutli-stage Grow Design. Need Experienced Growers Help!

• Thread starter Just a Habit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Just a Habit

So this marijuana grow forum is FAR more knowledgeable than MP. People are hitting 1.5 gpw here like its nothing, So I figured I'd run by my options with people here. I've probably researched for more than a year, done a couple of soil grows and am obviously still learning
constantly. My friend wants in on my operation and lives down the road, so I need help for idea on a veg room (prob 2-1000 watters in large basement) for him and a flower room 12'x12'x10' for me to grow in. I'd like to not exceed 4Kw (average 3-bedroom house runs 50kW in a day, I have a 4 bedroom house so a little above average should be alright) for the flower room including AC, fans etc... Mind you I live in a very cold climate -15C on average and could regulate intake or I could have a close C02. Right now I have 2-1000k and 2-600 Watters (I could exchange the 600s-for 1000s) my partner has 2-1000k. We can easily buy more lights. The goal is to get the highest yield with fastest turnover rate. Obvioulsy with time my yields will increase but as long as I hit 5lbs minimum I can live with that.

I believe either some sort of configuration of a hydroponic UC system with less plants (6-10) pulling near lb per plant is a possiblity or a SOG hydroponic system is another possiblity. From what I hear hydro is far cleaner and less hassle to maintain. I hear legends about people having SOG hydroponic system of 60 plants on a 4' by 8' table pulling 2O-2 and half per plant every 2 months. With 2-600 Watt per table. So roughly 6-7lbs a table. (No idea how he does it, word on the street).

Ive also heard people going SOG soil with 3k with 150 plants pulling 9lbs with a 2 week veg 2 month flower.

Im unsure if my partner should veg then transfer to me to flower or if he should just do a whole cycle himself. Which would be more efficient? Either way I should have a every 2 month turn over (6 harvests a year)...even if he was to say veg 1 month on 1 month off to be insync with my harvest.

I have too many options so I need to narrow them down. Any and all idea are helpful.

G

gobbly

I have a similar setup with a partner. I do the veg and he does the flowering. It works pretty well, but took some extra work. Make sure your partner is as dedicated as you are, and make sure you both are always on the same page. It also sounds like your buddy is known as a grower ("no idea how he does it, word on the street"), which is not ideal. Security is the last area you want to be taking chances on. He and I have also gone the rounds over soil mixes, and money (I spend a lot making everything perfect, he talks a lot about what he needs to do to improve things, but he never gets around to making the changes); I have spent a lot of energy pestering him to take care of stuff, and I can't manage to get him to do research on anything, so I've turned into a teacher as well. Another issue we didn't really plan out but have had to deal with a lot is moving plants between houses. Moving 20 plants every two months without it being obvious that you are moving a lot of stuff on a schedule is a pain.

Long story short, from someone doing basically what you are talking about, I would do a one man operation if you possibly can (I can't, don't have space, and smell is more of an issue for me than for my partner).

Personally I would go for more smaller plants (sog setup), but it's also fun to grow trees :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I hear legends about people having SOG hydroponic system of 60 plants on a 4' by 8' table pulling 2O-2 and half per plant every 2 months. With 2-600 Watt per table. So roughly 6-7lbs a table. (No idea how he does it, word on the street).

Ive also heard people going SOG soil with 3k with 150 plants pulling 9lbs with a 2 week veg 2 month flower.

people lie alot! they tend to exaggerate (greatly) so they can play the role of "Pot Star"

if you can hit 1.5 - 2 lbs per light (1000) you'll be doing fine...

if you had the right strain and a perfectly dialed SOG system you might hit 3 or very close - but as a beginner shoot for breaking the 1 lb a light.

Top Bottom