Multiple small seedling in one pot

• Thread starter Nooby701
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nooby701

Nooby701

So long story short, I have some new seedling but they’re are multiple in one pot, about 4 days old (from sprout) my question is, should I separate now since they’re still small, or should I wait a couple weeks until they are older and stronger? I’m not sure on what to do, because I feel like they might not make it if I separate right? What do you guys think? Thanks.

Multiple small seedling in one pot
Multiple small seedling in one pot 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The longer you wait, the more tangled their root systems will be. I'd try now, and if you end up killing seedlings, just deal with multiple plants in one pot.

R

redshift75

you need to break em up now if it were me. Be very careful go very slow is best advice i can give. But im going to say now. You are prolly losing at least 1.

Nooby701

Nooby701

The longer you wait, the more tangled their root systems will be. I'd try now, and if you end up killing seedlings, just deal with multiple plants in one pot.
Oh ok, yea I think I will just try and separate them and hope for the best, thanks!

Nooby701

Nooby701

you need to break em up now if it were me. Be very careful go very slow is best advice i can give. But im going to say now. You are prolly losing at least 1.
Yea, I guess I will just have to take a shot at it and hope for the best, thanks!

R

redshift75

Yea, I guess I will just have to take a shot at it and hope for the best, thanks!
slowly take em out and rinse the dirt off in a bucket or wash tub or bath tub. But something small you can sanitize will be best. if done carefully enough you should be fine. If you kind of put the mass of dirt in there you can swish the water around and you will see it erode way and you can easily get them at this stage *hopefully

Nooby701

Nooby701

slowly take em out and rinse the dirt off in a bucket or wash tub or bath tub. But something small you can sanitize will be best. if done carefully enough you should be fine. If you kind of put the mass of dirt in there you can swish the water around and you will see it erode way and you can easily get them at this stage *hopefully
Ohh ok, that’s actually a really good idea, didn’t think of that, thanks! Going to try it today.

R

redshift75

Buy take em out i mean the clump of dirt. Just be careful and take yur time

Nooby701

Nooby701

Buy take em out i mean the clump of dirt. Just be careful and take yur time
Hey thought I’d update you, it’s been like 3 days already and so far none of them have died! So far so good. I don’t know if they might show signs of them dying later on or not, but atm all good thanks!

ArmoredGoat

ArmoredGoat

Hey thought I’d update you, it’s been like 3 days already and so far none of them have died! So far so good. I don’t know if they might show signs of them dying later on or not, but atm all good thanks!
You may find this useful. For whatever reason it’s called “zillastyle” essentially it’s growing multiple plants in one giant pot - works just fine

ZillaStyle video

Top Bottom