Multiple Strain SCROG grow (1st attempt)

• Thread starter Irishninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Irishninja

Ok so first off, awesome joining the site. Looks like a fun place, I'm a Medical grower out of Colorado and trying SCROG for the first time. Wish me luck and here's the start.

GROW ROOM Specifications:

Setup as a self contained room, it has a fresh air intake and a exhaust/carbon filter connected to the hood with a high CFM fan venting the air elsewhere.

-Dimensions: 7x7

-Hydro table

-15 Gallon reservoir (only using 10 gallons at a time for efficient feeding though)
- Drip irrigation (setup with a distributor cap hooked up to a sub pump so each line as even pressure)

- Four piece trellis mounted to the hyrdo table, 2.5ft long by 1in wide PVC with 1in tacks measured in feet up the PVC.

-1000 Watt hydro farm light

-Standard Garden trellis netting

Medium:
Variety of CoCo, Fiber used in the bottom of the pot for drainage and CoCo coir used as the complete medium (similar to dirt but 100% inert)

Nutrients:

Fox Farm soil regime tweaked for CoCo.

Strains:

x6 Flo (DJ Short)

x1 Red Diesel (barneys Farm)

X1 Blueberry (DJ Short)

X1 Jack Herer (dispensary clone)

:hi

Multiple strain scrog grow 1st attempt
Multiple strain scrog grow 1st attempt 2
Multiple strain scrog grow 1st attempt 3
Multiple strain scrog grow 1st attempt 4
Multiple strain scrog grow 1st attempt 5
Multiple strain scrog grow 1st attempt 6
S

StrikeitRich

Nice

Awsome work, Glad u like it here at the farm. Hope u find it a welcoming and education experiance.

Questions.

Flo is it the purple cut?

Are u planning on flipping to 12/12 light schedual ASAP?

U planning on training the plants into the screen correct, not just using int to even the canapy without weaving and tiein the plants in place, right? If so ur going to be running out of space quickly..... If u train and weave the plants in place u wont be able to adjust the screan highth simpily. U could do a double level Scrog system, sorta a hybrid method though.

After running a Scrog Style system once or twice now only hurdles i forsee is the additional Strains on ur table. Dif stretches. Dif space requirements.

for a table that big i would do a max of 6 plants. just my opinion though. And i would space them out as far as possible when u put the screen in.

21 days is ususally the magic number with Scrogin, If u can train her in place for the first 21 days of flowering she should be good.

I forsee this to be a very learning experience for u. my first Scrog sure was.

good luck, and ill be around if u got a question.

Peace and Welcome to the Farm,
S i R

I

Irishninja

Thanks for the insight. I Actually Have already begun 12/12, about a week ago.

So what i need to do, is spread them further apart, introduce the second set of netting (which from what i have read using more then one set of trellis is needed)

And train them / weave them around and through the netting to make an even lighted canopy.

The Flo i am growing could be the purple cut. I have seen this particular pheno turn dark purple blue, like its Blueberry predecessor. But only in Cold condition.

I'm going to remember this 21day rule. For scroging.

Ill take more pictures when I work on them next, they sleep during the day.

Awsome work, Glad u like it here at the farm. Hope u find it a welcoming and education experiance.

Questions.

Flo is it the purple cut?

Are u planning on flipping to 12/12 light schedual ASAP?

U planning on training the plants into the screen correct, not just using int to even the canapy without weaving and tiein the plants in place, right? If so ur going to be running out of space quickly..... If u train and weave the plants in place u wont be able to adjust the screan highth simpily. U could do a double level Scrog system, sorta a hybrid method though.

After running a Scrog Style system once or twice now only hurdles i forsee is the additional Strains on ur table. Dif stretches. Dif space requirements.

for a table that big i would do a max of 6 plants. just my opinion though. And i would space them out as far as possible when u put the screen in.

21 days is ususally the magic number with Scrogin, If u can train her in place for the first 21 days of flowering she should be good.

I forsee this to be a very learning experience for u. my first Scrog sure was.

good luck, and ill be around if u got a question.

Peace and Welcome to the Farm,
S i R

S

Sense

Looks to be a nice, tidy, and rewarding endeavor! Welcome to the farm and make us proud:).

I

Irishninja

Just got done bleaching the entirety of my larger flower room, that is currently out of service.

I introduced a second trellis Net and trained the plants accordingly, also put in a Dual Arc 1k Watt bulb.

And I got a 25 Site Botanicare power cloner, which I need so I could utilize what I cleaned off the the SCrOG plants.

2011 08 12 225703
2011 08 12 225644
2011 08 12 225715
2011 08 12 232138
2011 08 12 225738
2011 08 12 231858
I

Irishninja

Alright well here's an update.

They are on week 8 of the FF hydro schedule.

Having a little bit of nutrient issue(deficiency from lock caused by to high nute). Thinking FF is to high for the particular medium (layered 3gal pure CoCo) I'm using I did a light flush and did a 3/4 dose instead of a full dose based on the schedule.

Temperatures have been between 70-80. A little high for my taste, but weather is finally allowing for cooler temps along with AC.

Close up photos

-Left is Red Diesel
-Center is Blueberry
-Right is Jack Herrer

2011 09 04 224106
2011 09 04 234207
2011 09 04 225035
2011 09 04 225104
2011 09 04 234222
2011 09 04 224125
2011 09 04 224143
2011 09 04 224505