Multiple Strain Scrogging?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

if I wanna do a 4x4 scrog, can I have 4 plants and 4 different strains under the same screen?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can, but you can expect it to be a pain in the ass. From trying to get them all fed properly to canopy management, it seems a pain in the ass from my perspective (and experience). SOG would work better because they're not locked into a screen.

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

I'm currently having that debate myself, sure you can do it it's just a bigger pain in the ass like has already been said. Using sog and training could possibly get you a canopy that's just as even as scrog

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

So totally forgot about this but a v scrog could b beneficial, plants that are known to grow taller go on the out side shorter in the center, or taller in the middle with shorter on the outside raised up to compensate

shemshemet

shemshemet

I do it with a couple strains. But like has been said its a pain in the ass. I try to go one strain under a light, more and more every day. :)

bankcee

bankcee

You can, but you can expect it to be a pain in the ass. From trying to get them all fed properly to canopy management, it seems a pain in the ass from my perspective (and experience). SOG would work better because they're not locked into a screen.

I'm trying to state within my state laws on plant number and trying to do a perpetual.. but I wanna do 4 strains at once. and then another and then another and etc..

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I do it all the time with strains that have same flowering time and growing characteristics. Example I run original d with sour d in the same tray / trellis , the diesel stretches a couple more than the sour does but ithe close enough. Wouldn't run different growing strains together.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm trying to state within my state laws on plant number and trying to do a perpetual.. but I wanna do 4 strains at once. and then another and then another and etc..
I totally get it, but there are problems running widely differing strains. If you're going to go for it then pay close attention to what mittenmedgrow says above regarding putting similar strains together.

The alternative, though I've never done it indoors, is to grow four trees.

bankcee

bankcee

I totally get it, but there are problems running widely differing strains. If you're going to go for it then pay close attention to what mittenmedgrow says above regarding putting similar strains together.

The alternative, though I've never done it indoors, is to grow four trees.

anyone suggest similar high yielding strains? indica preferred

shemshemet

shemshemet

Bankcee,

My opinion, since you seem to want a little variety, is get a pack of seeds. Grow THOSE out 4 plants under your screen.

You'll retain a bit of variety in your harvest, and (depending on seeds/breeder) you'll retain enough similar characteristics that it will be less of a pain than different strains.

Don't get impatient now, you can always grow a different strain out next run!

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If your trying to do a perpetual multistrain Scrog get some bamboo and some rubber coated garden tie and make a rack/grid system for each individual plant. I did it that way for years it's a little labor intensive but not too bad. It allows you to grow different strains,harvest and replace plants without messing with the other plants

Latest posts

Top Bottom