Mushroom Compost vs Alsaka humisoil??

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shavits

Whats up everyone I hope all is well! I have a compost tea recipe that uses wormcastins and mushroom compost for the benfecial fungus it contains but it seems that I cannot find this compost(mushroom) anywhere! So my question is can I use alaskan Humisoil instead of the mushroom compost? Does the humisoil contain enough bene fungus and is there any other type of compost I can use? Any suggestions would be hopefull. thanks!

sky high

sky high

Yo shavits...... yer post looks fuckin' lonely!

Use the Humisoil. It may be better than the mushroom compost. If you search for Alaska bountea you'll see that Alaskan humisoil/humus is the basis for their teas and it is full of microbial action and fungal gooooooooooodness.

good luck with yer grow

s h

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just a quick tip Home Depot usually has mushroom compost in the back for 3 bucks a bag.

S

shavits

Lol thanks for your suggestion Sky high! One of the most aggravating thing about the forum is when you post a thread and it has like 50 views and 0 comments! Thanks for the tip cemchris I will def check the homedepot for that mushroom compost but I may go with the humisoil instead!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
No worries man just lettin ya know. Mushroom Compost was absent for a year or two around my parts and came back in full force this year.

T

Teramavolta

I think the humisoil is more like a humic acid with some fungi but nothing like mushroom compost.

What you can try with the humisoil, if the mushroom compost still eludes you, is take the amount of humisoil you wish to add to tea and moisten it with water and keep it in a cool dark humid place for a week. It should start to grow the fungus in the humisoil. Brew your normal tea and apply the humisoil to your tea before you water.

Violent agitation is known to tear the hyphae of the fungi, also in terms of population race the bacteria will always dominate your tea. By growing your fungi beforehand and applying before water you give he fungi a jump start.

Useful throughout the whole grow but most crucial in flowering.

S

shavits

Thanks everyone for the tips I appreciate them! Yes I was aware of giving the compost a head start. Thats what I was going to do with the mushroom compost! I need the fungi for my flowering ladies!

D

dusty

Alaska Magic , Humisoil is much better than mushroom compost for compost tea..Just because Fungi grew in mushroom compost doesn't mean it is the kind of fungi we want to increase the hyphae of in our tea !

Latest posts

Top Bottom