Mushroom Compost

• Thread starter JC92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JC92

JC92

Would growing my weed in just mushroom compost be ok? I see that mushroom compost is high in salts but also read that weed isnt a salt sensitive plant.

Trfsrfr

Trfsrfr

Would growing my weed in just mushroom compost be ok? I see that mushroom compost is high in salts but also read that weed isnt a salt sensitive plant.
Wow, no replies in 6 weeks.
I dont know the answer but I add it to my mix.
I have read that growing in compost alone is not beneficial.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Mushroom compost bought from stores is a false ideal. Its called mushroom compost cus in theory you can a mushroom out of it, but it reality is a tiny ammount of low quality compost mixed out with peat and some cheapo ammendments. That being said mushroom compost will work in lu of better soils in a pinch. But dont think for a sec that its good compost. All store bought compost is crap, you gotta make yer own if you want the good good

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Mushroom compost bought from stores is a false ideal. Its called mushroom compost cus in theory you can a mushroom out of it, but it reality is a tiny ammount of low quality compost mixed out with peat and some cheapo ammendments. That being said mushroom compost will work in lu of better soils in a pinch. But dont think for a sec that its good compost. All store bought compost is crap, you gotta make yer own if you want the good good

Store bought mushroom compost is a soil amendment and is not to be used as a soil substitute. The directions on the bag clearly state it is to be added to soil, or top dressed similar to worm castings.

Top Bottom