Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I must say these are looking better than i expected! This is so, so very cool.

I gave all my jars a good shake yesterday and so far theyre all looking good, and today ill make another batch of grain to put the amazonian agar in. The petri still has the tiny speck in the corner that @beluga said could be yeast, but since im out of agar i need to do something with this stuff before its too late. So the plan is to first remove the piece of agar in the corner with the yeast on it, then cut upt the mycelium into 4 pieces and put it to grain. If im lucky at least one will become master spawn with no contam. If im really lucky theyll all be ok. Its an experiment.

Here are my 2 shoeboxes as of this morning. They pumped out a lot more pins than i expected. Very happy with flush numero uno.
20201229 095449
20201229 095501

beluga

beluga

I gave all my jars a good shake yesterday and so far theyre all looking good, and today ill make another batch of grain to put the amazonian agar in. The petri still has the tiny speck in the corner that @beluga said could be yeast, but since im out of agar i need to do something with this stuff before its too late. So the plan is to first remove the piece of agar in the corner with the yeast on it, then cut upt the mycelium into 4 pieces and put it to grain. If im lucky at least one will become master spawn with no contam. If im really lucky theyll all be ok. Its an experiment.

Here are my 2 shoeboxes as of this morning. They pumped out a lot more pins than i expected. Very happy with flush numero uno.View attachment 1073104View attachment 1073105
I would leave it be and just work around it. Yeasts will stay put on the media.. if you stir it up, you might easily spread it.

Tubs look great, brother! If you had some dishes, I'd say grab a clone of that big fella in the cluster top left. But you'll have plenty more opportunities for that.

amekins

amekins

Here are my 2 shoeboxes as of this morning. They pumped out a lot more pins than i expected. Very happy with flush numero uno.View attachment 1073104View attachment 1073105
I have to say it. I’m sorry, but it’s like looking at all these baby penises.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It gets weird when you start to think about it. The fact that humans are believed to have evolved from fungus.. we are basically evolved fungal bodies.. And the fact that a penis looks like a mushroom.. 🤯
Confirmed people are all just a bunch dickheads... I wonder how the wife will take it when I let her know... maybe ill just let her find out on her own I have plenty of others to educate on why they are dickheads

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well i had 2 jars of bacterially contaminated spawn that was about 90% colonized before it stalled out on me. And i had a dead spider plant. Decided to put together a little "pineapple pen" and leave it out on the front porch to see what happens lol.
20201229 141025

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Schnikeys these grow quick. I swear if you look long enough you'll see them move.

Also grabbed a petri of agar off my buddy to attempt cloning that biggun. But he said its best to do 3 or 4 plates with clones because they have a higher probablility of contaminating. Unfortunately he only had a few petris made up and could only spare one today but hes going to make up some ketchup cups i can have next week. But he also said even if it does contaminate i can still transfer some clean mycelium a couple times once I get more plates made up.
20201229 145235

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Unreal. 18 hrs later they are spitting veils on some already. Looks like today is harvest day! So exciting!View attachment 1073493
Yusssss!!
And, yeah, clone plates are definitely prone to contaminating, but I've had a lot that were good to go straight from the clone tissue.

Just tear the stipe in half with your gloved/sanitized fingers, sterilize your knife, and cut out a chunk from the inner stipe that didn't come in contact with your fingers or the outside skin of the mushroom.

Happy harvesting!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks @beluga. I think im actually just going to take a spore print from it instead, i'll use the agar petri to put some of my PES Amazonian on.

Its amazing watching these finish up. I swear you can see them moving if you look long enough. Second shoebox should come down tomorrow, it looks about a full day behind this beauty
20201230 102056

Top Bottom