Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Any suggestions on strains to get?

I live in Canada and I'm very excited to start. I hope they help for pain

i agree, a cube is a cube pretty much... potency are all around the same. I've read from multiple sources that B+ is a good starter strain. I always buy the multipacks though and i have only ever bought from one place and that is > http://sporeworks.com/ ... they are located in Tennessee USA, sorry i don't know what is in canada.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

i agree, a cube is a cube pretty much... potency are all around the same. I've read from multiple sources that B+ is a good starter strain. I always buy the multipacks though and i have only ever bought from one place and that is > http://sporeworks.com/ ... they are located in Tennessee USA, sorry i don't know what is in canada.
They ship to canada spores are legal. Sporeworks is a good source.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I order finished mushrooms in Canada from ""
... We process and encapsulate those for occasional micro dosing in low light seasons. Never had a problem, for me its cheaper and faster than not actually growing mushrooms... 🤣

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

That's bad ass that you guys are legal... i didn't know that... always learning!!!

I birthed and hydrated that last cake i had and i shot a video... it's the first time i used this camera head mount so i hope you can hear me ok...

Nudie Cakes......

Dr.B

Dr.B

That's bad ass that you guys are legal... i didn't know that... always learning!!!

I birthed and hydrated that last cake i had and i shot a video... it's the first time i used this camera head mount so i hope you can hear me ok...

Nudie Cakes......

Weelll... There is "Legal" and then there is "Legal!😉" I don't think technically it is legal, but we seem to have some "enforcement" issues up here... They say no, you can't... We say 🖕🖕🖕get with the times. If there's a need and a market for it, it seems that some brave and enterprising Canadian always makes sure we can get the medicines they refuse to provide. This site just added a micro dose LSD drop product... 🤣

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

No way. Texas > everything else. Don't mess with Texas!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeehaww, fuzz forming:)
C04F7C72 6CE1 4D4B 9260 6951E07A4A97

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
So, trying to figure out why all my PF jars are taking so long.............?
After analyzing my process and reviewing my notes could it possibly be my PF jars I used being 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint caused the length of the process to increase because of the bigger mass that I have created?

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

So, trying to figure out why all my PF jars are taking so long.............?
After analyzing my process and reviewing my notes could it possibly be my PF jars I used being 1 pint instead of 1/2 pint caused the length of the process to increase because of the bigger mass that I have created?

maybe by a few weeks but your yield will also be larger.

temps matter a lot, colonizing likes it really warm... in fact i've noticed my bulk bins create a lot of heat on the carpet while colonizing... like in the 90's and the room is in the 70's... i keep my jars in a cooler to hold the heat. then fruiting likes it a tad cooler.

could be the strain too... i wish i understood more about mushies... i was thinking of taking a mycology class.

are you keeping your cakes dry then wet/dry then wet? creating the the evaporation to trigger them.

Slap

Slap

We used to get liquid that one drop was a fully encompased 24 hr trip in the 80’s. But i always felt healthy and the good shit you could sleep on and wake up still tripping.

The paper acid later was proven by a chemist friend of mine to not be quite the same chemical. Hence the speedy rough effects.

Mushrooms have always made my belly sick for the ride. A nice tea made from them helps with the sickness.

I wouldnt take what they are calling acid today.

Lol ! What r they calling L.S.D now a days? Back in the day, If you ate more than a gram, of a particular type of shroom, you were down for the count and seeing, tracers, for 3 days after. Glad I wasn't the person, that took more than a gram. Shrooms over L.S.D any day.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

my first attempt at making agar i thought at the time was a success but i've later learned that i kinda failed. it had small specks floating in the solution, i think it was to much malt used... but i've learned that agar should be translucent with no visible particles, this way if there is any bacteria or contaminates it can easily be spotted before using it. this really helps in keeping contams out!!

so i wasn't sure if it was the malt or agar or the ancient food coloring i used... so i picked up more food coloring ( got some neon colors so get out your glowsticks!!!) and i also reduced the amount of malt, weighing it the same weigh as the agar used. (three grams of each for 150ml of water). last time i used almost six grams of malt.... i also tried to make black agar last time, so i mixed all four colors and it looked black at first but after a few days it turned into a weird green color. turns out you need charcoal agar for black agar.... maybe next time...

i also made some slants to try em out... turned out nice and clear... well translucent anyway, i consider clear to be transparent.

DSCN0345

DSCN0347

when you hold a light up to them you can see that there is no contams growing at all and is ready for growth!!!

DSCN0349

pretty cool stuff!!!!!

and check it out.... my first bulk wee little pins!!!!!!!! day six of loosened polyfill....

DSCN0351

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

my first attempt at making agar i thought at the time was a success but i've later learned that i kinda failed. it had small specks floating in the solution, i think it was to much malt used... but i've learned that agar should be translucent with no visible particles, this way if there is any bacteria or contaminates it can easily be spotted before using it. this really helps in keeping contams out!!

so i wasn't sure if it was the malt or agar or the ancient food coloring i used... so i picked up more food coloring ( got some neon colors so get out your glowsticks!!!) and i also reduced the amount of malt, weighing it the same weigh as the agar used. (three grams of each for 150ml of water). last time i used almost six grams of malt.... i also tried to make black agar last time, so i mixed all four colors and it looked black at first but after a few days it turned into a weird green color. turns out you need charcoal agar for black agar.... maybe next time...

i also made some slants to try em out... turned out nice and clear... well translucent anyway, i consider clear to be transparent.

View attachment 1023694

View attachment 1023695

when you hold a light up to them you can see that there is no contams growing at all and is ready for growth!!!

View attachment 1023696

pretty cool stuff!!!!!

and check it out.... my first bulk wee little pins!!!!!!!! day six of loosened polyfill....

View attachment 1023697

Can those little containers be pressure cooked? I pc my agar in the container 30 mins before use. This is the part where sterility really matters, else you contaminate all your future spawn.

Should not be long for a good pinset now.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Can those little containers be pressure cooked? I pc my agar in the container 30 mins before use. This is the part where sterility really matters, else you contaminate all your future spawn.

Should not be long for a good pinset now.

no sir, there is no way i would try to PC those jello shot cups.... i have only been using them because we had them for years with no use... i thought i would learn on something free and haven't used them to rely on at all yet. i've been PCing a pyrex measuring jar filled with agar and pouring once it gets down to 160F. before i pour into the cups i lay them out open with lids upside down in my glovebox then i pump ozone in there for about ten minutes or so. it's an industrial generator so it doesn't take much to clean the glovebox and stuff inside.

it's kinda why i wanted a UV oven to sterilize the jello shot cups right before use.... i found one half the price as i was gonna pay so i might order one anyway.

i have some of those flat wide mason jars to use once i get serious and know whet i'm doing. those i could PC.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All of these are coming up next.
There all in 1 pint jars.
I need to figure out how to approach this and be successful, any thoughts?
63146225 12F6 4A10 B687 78171DA29AD4

Top Bottom