Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In you opinion do you notice a difference in quality or potency harvest after the veil breaks like that? Asking for a friend

FourthCity

FourthCity

In you opinion do you notice a difference in quality or potency harvest after the veil breaks like that? Asking for a friend
I can't tell any difference on that, there may be but it would have to be a pretty small percentage. What I have noticed is that compared to before the veil breaks the fully mature mushrooms seem to weigh 20-30% more. I think its like how most of us would probably feel about our plants, how many would give up 20-30% of their harvest for something like a 1-3% increase in thc?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can't tell any difference on that, there may be but it would have to be a pretty small percentage. What I have noticed is that compared to before the veil breaks the fully mature mushrooms seem to weigh 20-30% more. I think its like how most of us would probably feel about our plants, how many would give up 20-30% of their harvest for something like a 1-3% increase in thc?
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I assume like cannabis there is no shortage of overblown info on the net.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It is a unproven fact that mushrooms are more potent before the veil breaks.
There are to many variables to complicate making a thorough analysis.
But I do no there worth more money if there picked before the veil breaks:)

Fudge

Fudge

The past couple posts you've done with pics are turning up with broken image links. Not sure if you're stripping exif data before upload or there's a problem with the uploader on the site that's isolated to the particular encoding your images use, but figured I'd bring it to your attention. Maybe @logic or @Aqua Man can comment on that.
Same for me? Hmm strange. Cleared everything too. Wanted to follow along myself with aqua but it wasn't to be. Too many plates spinning already

tobh

tobh

Supporter
First monotub in seven or eight years knocked up. One brick coco, seven cups vermiculite, six pints of Treasure Coast WBS into a 66 quart sterilite tub. Here we gooooo!!!!

PXL 20210223 025603082

After the PITA this was, I think I'm going to just do myco bags going forward. I feel like the returns will be just as good with more isolation from contams and better compartmentalization so I don't have these totes hanging around, taking up precious floorspace in my office.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First monotub in seven or eight years knocked up. One brick coco, seven cups vermiculite, six pints of Treasure Coast WBS into a 66 quart sterilite tub. Here we gooooo!!!!

View attachment 1094943

After the PITA this was, I think I'm going to just do myco bags going forward. I feel like the returns will be just as good with more isolation from contams and better compartmentalization so I don't have these totes hanging around, taking up precious floorspace in my office.
So I have a friend thinking the same thing... he plans to use the rolls of food saver bags. Sterilizing them then a slit to add the innoculant unless using a syringe. Patch the hole with parafilm tape.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
So I have a friend thinking the same thing... he plans to use the rolls of food saver bags. Sterilizing them then a slit to add the innoculant unless using a syringe. Patch the hole with parafilm tape.
I actually ordered a pack of 50 5 micron filter patch bags for like $20. They don't have self healing injection ports, but that's nothing a dab of silicon won't fix. 6mil plastic, decent enough size for either bulk spawn or even substrate bags (that's what I used a couple for this round -- pasteurizing substrate). The space savings alone are a huge benefit imo. Plus, if one contam's, throw it out. You don't lose an entire bulk culture due to a corner infected with trich or whatever.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Further, the real nice thing about bags is you can sterilize them in a PC, and they make great candidates for oysters. Fill em up with straw, sterilize, inoculate, let colonize, then just cuts slits and let the log do its thing. Can use em for grain spawn, wood pellet spawn, other bulk substrates... they're quite versatile.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I actually ordered a pack of 50 5 micron filter patch bags for like $20. They don't have self healing injection ports, but that's nothing a dab of silicon won't fix. 6mil plastic, decent enough size for either bulk spawn or even substrate bags (that's what I used a couple for this round -- pasteurizing substrate). The space savings alone are a huge benefit imo. Plus, if one contam's, throw it out. You don't lose an entire bulk culture due to a corner infected with trich or whatever.
Yeah those should work... I just think the parafilm is easier and just looked its self sealing. Not sure but I thinks it like 0.3 micron. Could be wrong about that though.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Same for me? Hmm strange. Cleared everything too. Wanted to follow along myself with aqua but it wasn't to be. Too many plates spinning already
I dont know what happened either. Looks like the posts were removed and I got this message in my feed
  1. Your post in the thread Mushroom thread was deleted. Reason: stop posting broken image links please
Not sure why they were working for some people and not others but they are definitely not there now. I'm going to try again and hopefully if it doesn't work the powers at be can provide some assistance. Thank you and @tobh for the heads up.

One more try...
Shoeboxes

66qt

Big ones

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
As a developer, this looks sus to me. I think those IDs are breaking the links. Below is a screenshot of your post. It might be an internal thing the framework is doing to prevent malicious embeds, but without reviewing the code I don't know. None of the links work, all of them return broken, along with the image embeds.

Screenshot 2021 02 22 20 31 41

FourthCity

FourthCity

As a developer, this looks sus to me. I think those IDs are breaking the links. Below is a screenshot of your post. It might be an internal thing the framework is doing to prevent malicious embeds, but without reviewing the code I don't know. None of the links work, all of them return broken, along with the image embeds.

View attachment 1095010
Edited my post above with different links, hopefully those will work for everyone. Thanks again for letting me know.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I dont know what happened either. Looks like the posts were removed and I got this message in my feed
  1. Your post in the thread Mushroom thread was deleted. Reason: stop posting broken image links please
Not sure why they were working for some people and not others but they are definitely not there now. I'm going to try again and hopefully if it doesn't work the powers at be can provide some assistance. Thank you and @tobh for the heads up.

One more try...
Shoeboxes

66qt

Big ones

Those are some nice flushes. Have you noticed any impact on how level the surface of the substrate is in regards to how full the flush turns out?

I recall in my previous larger monotubs, I dealt with a lot of fruits growing from the edges, and not so many in the center. I always equated that to CO2 concentrations in the center despite multiple FAE daily. Trying to avoid that this round.

Also, I used to have the same scale haha

FourthCity

FourthCity

Those are some nice flushes. Have you noticed any impact on how level the surface of the substrate is in regards to how full the flush turns out?

I recall in my previous larger monotubs, I dealt with a lot of fruits growing from the edges, and not so many in the center. I always equated that to CO2 concentrations in the center despite multiple FAE daily. Trying to avoid that this round.

Also, I used to have the same scale haha
I don't know if I have a strong opinion one way or another on its effect on the overall fullness of any of the flushes. That said, I think having the surface level and pretty firmly tamped down does at least seem to dramatically reduce side and bottom pins which are more abundant on later flushes after the sub has shrunk away from the sides of the box. None of these tubs get fanned either, the shoeboxes allow enough fae through the imperfect seal of the lid and the bigger boxes (16qt and 66qt) have arrangements of small holes for their fresh air.

Top Bottom