Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
First try at alcohol extraction, now it sits overnight:)
8052421A 64FD 476B 8221 672D9964CA9C
6BBA48A1 AB15 4A3C 9453 8560DC1B974D
73876FFF 0459 4E93 AA8F 14039A22055C

tobh

tobh

Supporter
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Curious how this is gonna work out. I recall years ago the idea of extracting psilocybin, or at least a salt, was considered to be near impossible. I've seen the likes of magic honey, but nothing more advanced.

Do you intend on trying to make a HCl or simply have a liquid extract?
Liquid extract,
10 grams shrooms makes 20 ml extract.

Fudge

Fudge

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It will sit overnight, tomorrow I’ll strain it then pour the remaining extract into a baking dish and let evaporate another day. When complete it will be stored in the dark colored dropper bottle and stored in the fridge or freezer for longevity.
Supposedly one drop is .5-1 gram concentrated. I’m told to start slow till you no what your dealing with:)
Psilocybin will be stored in the darker vile.
4645F86B FEA2 41AB B03F D85349D85060

Fudge

Fudge

It will sit overnight, tomorrow I’ll strain it then pour the remaining extract into a baking dish and let evaporate another day. When complete it will be stored in the dark colored dropper bottle and stored in the fridge or freezer for longevity.
Supposedly one drop is .5-1 gram concentrated. I’m told to start slow till you no what your dealing with:)
Psilocybin will be stored in the darker vile.View attachment 1096624
I remember watching the doors movie as a teenager, they take acid from a dropper before going on stage. I was mesmerised from that day on. All my friends were getting drunk on street corners. I was tripping and smoking weed with the older kids and adults. I can always remember the pamphlets they'd show us at school to warn us of the dangers of drugs. They were like catalogues to me, just sparked my curiosity.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I remember watching the doors movie as a teenager, they take acid from a dropper before going on stage. I was mesmerised from that day on. All my friends were getting drunk on street corners. I was tripping and smoking weed with the older kids and adults. I can always remember the pamphlets they'd show us at school to warn us of the dangers of drugs. They were like catalogues to me, just sparked my curiosity.
Yu must be my age, lol.
I remember I was in the 5th grade 1981.
A county cop came to school to talk about illegal drugs and had a huge wood case. When he opened it was a display of real illegal drugs.
He got me hooked rite there always was fascinated with it till I hit my first joint 2 years later. Even though I was getting high from all those fucking hippies hot boxing the living room in the 70s. Lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yu must be my age, lol.
I remember I was in the 5th grade 1981.
A county cop came to school to talk about illegal drugs and had a huge wood case. When he opened it was a display of real illegal drugs.
He got me hooked rite there always was fascinated with it till I hit my first joint 2 years later. Even though I was getting high from all those fucking hippies hot boxing the living room in the 70s. Lol
Right?! That fuckin box did more damage than good. Granted, it was full of the common shit, and I ended up pursuing the obscure stuff more heavily. Dabbled with plenty of hard stuff, but the less common RCs and psychadelics have always been the rabbit hole of my choosing.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Alright, I've been watching this long enough. If I get a setup, will someone send me a print. (I will pay of course). Please just send me a PM. I would like to get several different variety if possible.

Anyone want to take a shot at identify? We get some psilocybin around this area and I want to make sure I'm not discounting/overlooking this specimen. I don't think so, but maybe my eyes are bad.
IMG 0503

IMG 0504
IMG 0505
IMG 0506
IMG 0502
Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Alright, I've been watching this long enough. If I get a setup, will someone send me a print. (I will pay of course). Please just send me a PM. I would like to get several different variety if possible.

Anyone want to take a shot at identify? We get some psilocybin around this area and I want to make sure I'm not discounting/overlooking this specimen. I don't think so, but maybe my eyes are bad.
View attachment 1096678
Looks possibly like Deadly Galerina. Psilocybes have darker gills (dark brown/purple), though these may be psilocybe cyanescens. Without a spore print to do full taxonomic confirmation, it's quite dangerous to tell what they are.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I've got a ton of different species up on my acreage in the cascades, would like to start identifying some of those and bring in a few select northern rain forest varieties, hopefully this year.

I pretty sure I've got oysters & chanterelle up there for starters, and some of my neighbors have found some morels, (I have my own patch here in N. Seattle) I think the upper 5 acres is more likely to have them up there, and there's obviously dozens if not hundreds of different species up there, no doubt. Would be cool if I could get some psilocybin established up there as well.

Lots of Russula up there for sure.

Lot's of amphibians, frogs and tiny shrews living all around up there as well, I've got a small glacial fed creek running about 1/4 mile long down the middle of the property, it rains up there around 190 days per year.

Index, Washington gets 73 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year.
Index averages 17 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
On average, there are 161 sunny days per year in Index. The US average is 205 sunny days.

Index gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 184 days per year.

Weather Highlights
Summer High:
the July high is around 76 degrees
Winter Low: the January low is 34
Rain: averages 73 inches of rain a year
Snow: averages 17 inches of snow a year

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
I've got a ton of different species up on my acreage in the cascades, would like to start identifying some of those and bring in a few select northern rain forest varieties, hopefully this year.

I pretty sure I've got oysters & chanterelle up there for starters, and some of my neighbors have found some morels, I think the upper 5 acres is more likely to have them up there, and there's obviously dozens if not hundreds of different species up there, no doubt. Would be cool if I could get some psilocybin established up there as well.

Lot's of amphibians, frogs and tiny shrews living all around up there as well, I've got a small glacial fed creek running about 1/4 mile long down the middle of the property, it rains up there around 190 days per year.

Index, Washington gets 73 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year.

Index averages 17 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.

On average, there are 161 sunny days per year in Index. The US average is 205 sunny days.

Index gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 184 days per year. Precipitation is rain, snow, sleet, or hail that falls to the ground. In order for precipitation to be counted you have to get at least .01 inches on the ground to measure.

Weather Highlights
Summer High:
the July high is around 76 degrees
Winter Low: the January low is 34
Rain: averages 73 inches of rain a year
Snow: averages 17 inches of snow a year

Likely have hundreds if not thousands of varieties in the area. Since you're also in the region, I'd be happy to share prints once I make them for Panaeolus cyanescens, and Psilocybe Azurescens (both native to the region). I have a couple other varieties that would not be nearly as resilient as the wood lovers as well, but you could likely start outdoor beds and so long you feed em annually with new material, could make some nice outdoor permacultures.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Likely have hundreds if not thousands of varieties in the area. Since you're also in the region, I'd be happy to share prints once I make them for Panaeolus cyanescens, and Psilocybe Azurescens (both native to the region). I have a couple other varieties that would not be nearly as resilient as the wood lovers as well, but you could likely start outdoor beds and so long you feed em annually with new material, could make some nice outdoor permacultures.
Mind you, you'll need to do some agar work as prints aren't necessarily clean (especially for the two I've listed as they'll be grown outdoors) so it won't be as simple as making a syringe with the prints and knocking up some spawn.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looks possibly like Deadly Galerina. Psilocybes have darker gills (dark brown/purple), though these may be psilocybe cyanescens. Without a spore print to do full taxonomic confirmation, it's quite dangerous to tell what they are.
Yea, they well might be psilocybe cyanescens, the area is well known for its psilocben and these are the one's I'm finding in quantiy around this area for years now, so I'm wondering if it's just throwing me off a little, maybe, after going though the pages inspecting the psiloben, it's doesn't appear that the blue always shines through on the stems, and that I'm seeing some coloring in the center cap. Do you really think this is a worthwhile candidate for going though the process creating a print? or is it highly unlikely.

The purple centers are pretty typical of many of the different mushrooms around here.

I've been mostly an edible and more often a morel hunter up until now and really never bothered with spore prints and went by examination.

Last edited:
Top Bottom