Mushroom thread

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I eat cordyceps, lions mane, reishi,maitake, turkey tail, tremella
My favorite is lions mane but I eat them all too. Not Reishi tho I take those as capsules.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Here is my SAB

View attachment 1223955

I have never received a contaminated pre made plate and I’ve used thousands. But fun to make yourself if you are doing small qty and enjoy every part of the process.

So you grow out cubensis in a bag? I’ve never tried it that way. Seems like it would significantly reduce size of flushes. But that’s how I do all the edible varieties. I order wood pellets by the pallet and use an 85 gal sterilizer. I just don’t see that as a good way to grow button size mushrooms. Maybe I’m missing something?
i've not done cubensis in bags yet, but looking through old threads on mycotopia and other topic-specific forums have indicated that yields of 20g+ per flush are attainable in bags. Obviously not nearly as heavy as something like a monotub or shoebox would produce but in terms of actual space consumption I believe the light yields could easily be offset by volume of bags.

And of course, using manure or other high-nutrient substrate is still important. One can't expect to get any respectable yields off of grain only substrates with cubensis. Gotta use straw, manure, or coco for that.

Love the build here man. If flow hoods weren't so damn expensive to build (at least for the filters themselves) I would just build one and call it good. Don't really have the capital to dump into it atm though, so ol reliable rubbermaid with cut outs will suffice for the time being. Quite envious of that setup you've got there for sure.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Racing Horse Whole Oats are the cheapest high quality grains for spawn.....u cant beat that, you can find em everywhere in bulk bags!
I was boiling em in coffe water with a teaspoon of gypsum! Then spawn to 50% Horse manure 50% coco with a layer of straight coco as a fake casing on top to producea perfect pinset!

Lol, yeah it started to be annoyng to go get pallets of it in the hardware stores with crazy justifications.....lol.....but even if makes a good spawn with many tiny inoculation points it seems to be less nutritious than the meaty oats! And sure more expensive!!
Keep up the good works !!! ☮️
Where do you get the manure? Friggin city boy here sold the farm end of last year.

it’s really expensive online and the stuff at the homes stores just isn’t right for our purposes

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I take mine first zhing in the am and ...shot out of a Canon for a few hours

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Where do you get the manure? Friggin city boy here sold the farm end of last year.

it’s really expensive online and the stuff at the homes stores just isn’t right for our purposes
I've only had luck finding it via craigslist. Have to drive out to the country to pick it up, and it's always awkward telling the farmboy I only want a couple rubbermaid totes full. They tend to charge between $5-$15 per truck load (about a yard). same thing with finding straw. it's a pain in the ass, honestly. Hate living in the city for this reason alone (soapbox i won't stand on today).

Anthem

Anthem

I take mine first zhing in the am and ...shot out of a Canon for a few hours
I assume you are Micro Dosing? I have some stuff for that and want to try but worried about the effects. But everyone I talk to about micro Dosing says it is the shit! Please share

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
The cacao mix my friend. I've only microdosed the golden teachers but truly endorse say 1/2 gram ingestion

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Here is my SAB

View attachment 1223955

I have never received a contaminated pre made plate and I’ve used thousands. But fun to make yourself if you are doing small qty and enjoy every part of the process.

So you grow out cubensis in a bag? I’ve never tried it that way. Seems like it would significantly reduce size of flushes. But that’s how I do all the edible varieties. I order wood pellets by the pallet and use an 85 gal sterilizer. I just don’t see that as a good way to grow button size mushrooms. Maybe I’m missing something?
Wow love that setup moe

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Some day just go out for a drive and any farm you come up on just stop in and ask for manure. I have been luck and worked on dairy farms for a long time until I ended up working for the government. Farmers are always looking to get rid of manure it’s a never ending byproduct of farming.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Some day just go out for a drive and any farm you come up on just stop in and ask for manure. I have been luck and worked on dairy farms for a long time until I ended up working for the government. Farmers are always looking to get rid of manure it’s a never ending byproduct of farming.
Yeah I used to do it that way when I had my hobby farm. My neighbor had horses. Look at me over here longing for access to horse shit.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Lol! Yeah, at the time i was living in Shasta, there were plenty of neighboors with horses, i was raiding craigslist every month or so, but even there was a real hunt looking for the best quality poop without rocks or dirt in it! 😁
If you can find it, is really worth it add it to your substrate, ive never seen mushrooms so big, thick and dense.....togheter with coco you get best of both world ...the faster colonization rate of coco plus the ultra nutrition of the manure....
Another factor that makes em dense is fruiting em in the lowest temp possible....☮️

P

Petrochemical

Supporter

I might microdose Friday....become a bluebird for awhile

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Can somebody please throw some legit names of places to buy spores and what ones. I'm thinking B+, golden teachers, and mazatapek. I'm trying to do a simple one never did it before and want to microdose. PTSD depression anxiety the list goes on. Got to try.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I've been looking into how to do it. It seems the easiest way is to buy the substrate bags. A friend told me just to do brf in mason jars what. At this point starting off I'm not looking to get yield just microdosing to help heal. I couldn't find anywhere online to talk to people about this and then I looked it up on here and saw that people on here were doing it. So if anybody can give me any advice on a company to reach out to please let me know. Thanks a lot much appreciated

Top Bottom