MUSHROOMS GROWING in my GARDEN HELP!

• Thread starter G Star
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G Star

G Star

So I installed an intake with a hepa filter last night and today i discovered some small brown MUSHROOMS :confused0054: growing in my grow bags next to my plants I'm about to flip.

I am growing in Soil, 50% Potting Soil, 35% Perlite and 15% vermiculite

Am I missing some type of product that should eliminate this or is this a good sign that the soil is pretty fertile?

The room is AC'd and has been kept at about 75-82 during daylight and back down to 65 at night.

Thanks for any help guys! I want these things gone.

P

paulycali

Ouch thats a scary one! I will let one of the other farmers more educated on that subject to chime in. Good luck and hope all turns out well

What kind of soil?

G Star

G Star

I used promix or some type of generic potting soil from home depot.

I wanted to use something with little to no nutritional content instead of a Fox Farm or Roots prepared soil mixes.

Any help appreciated, I wanted to flip them tomorrow, but I'm scared so much darkness will encourage more fungi.

Any suggested fungicides? How do I apply them?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Trippy as hell huh? I just put some gloves on and yanked em out. Do not eat them unless you know 1000000000000% what they are.
I only had them one time, long stems flat top type is what I had. I was using Fox Farm soil when I found them.
It did no harm to my plants.

D

DANKSY

i have had them before.. i just pulled them out and let the soil dry out a good amount.. lay off the heavy watering for a minute...

G Star

G Star

Thanks guys!

So the question remains, should i remove them or let them go? They are only on about 1/8 of my plants

B

bastard_x

If u't tryin to grow shrooms, then let em go

Do you know how many species of mushrooms there are ? How many of those will destroy your liver and kidneys and kill you and the difference between them? The odds are against you . This would not be a good idea.

B

bastard_x

I had a similar problem with my premix store bought soil . Even after i cooked it at 400 degrees f for 30 minutes. The toadstools were popping up in large quantity so i put on a respirator mask and rubber gloves, picked them one by one trying to remove all before they matured and the caps opened to spore . Placed them carefully in a sealed container Removed and trashed . I cut my watering in half to reduce humidity. the toadstools would grow from start to finish in about 6 hours so i had to check for them every morning and about 3 times a day to catch them before they could drop thier spores .After about 4 weeks they werent poping up anymore and I noticed my plants were much happier when i was watering them less, about once every 4 days.

Blaze

Blaze

Mushrooms are a sign of healthy soil as they are very sensitive to pesticides, toxins, heavy metals, excess fertilizer, etc. They are an indicator that nutrient cycling is happening (this is a good thing) which means more available nutrients to the plants. Indoors I suppose they could cause problems, but with my outdoor, I always leave them be. I always get mushrooms popping up around my plants - to me this is a sign that the soil is fertile and healthy and that I have not been overdoing my fertilizer or pest control.

D

Dfifi

Since I replanted my plants they have slowed down extremly. Very short now seems to be developing but lil miniture like a Bonzi lol and lil dome shaped mushrooms are poping up in soil .Im using Mels Bartholmues sq.foot soil. Any ideas?

alpinehi

alpinehi

Blaze is on point here. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If they bother you remove them but it is not necessary. Yellow toadstools are common in pot grown plants and are essentially harmless.

jaredman

jaredman

mushrooms growing in your soil is just a sign of active mycelium. This is something you want. Fungus and bacteria in your soil help to break down all of the nutrients for the plant. As long as you have mushrooms it means the mycelium is healthy under the soil and you want that.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Do you know how many species of mushrooms there are ? How many of those will destroy your liver and kidneys and kill you and the difference between them? The odds are against you . This would not be a good idea.

I agree is your trying to grow mushrooms, then don't pull them. But if your NOT trying to grow mushrooms, get rid of them.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

dont eat the yeller ones

IMG 1016

IMG 1022

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

i get shrooms sometimes in my old moms in soil. the shrooms themselves are kinda slow growing, not what you described. generally the shrooms grow out of my greenest healthiest and oldest potted plants and this is indoors. it is a sign of healthy soil and your plants root systems flourish

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

i have had them before.. i just pulled them out and let the soil dry out a good amount.. lay off the heavy watering for a minute...

Thats the same with me. Once I stopped watering them som often they stopped popping up. I also changed my soil. I had that happen with my first plant and that was in this organic miracle gro soil.

Moeboi

Moeboi

Hello group may I ask what are these growing in my soil and its only in one plant but I haven't did anything new been watering same on all plants..and should I remove asap

Top Bottom