Mushrooms In Soil.

• Thread starter Schkronis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schkronis

Schkronis

I got this little guys popping out every nigh and drying out withing few hours when lights on. Looks like a good sign that at least fungi is triving, judjing by amount of mushrooms and springtails in my soil ahahaha. Anyone know what are these? Soil is happy frog topped with alfa-alfa mixed with worm castings.
Mushrooms in soil
Mushrooms in soil 2

Last edited:
Perception

Perception

Looks like some type of Inky Cap mushroom. I'm pretty sure the Inky Caps just decompose dead wood (not parasitic), so should be good if that's the case! Probably just munching on the mulch and humus.

Organikz

Organikz

I would be thrilled to find mushrooms. I actually utilized shredded hardwood mulch in one of my beds to gain a better fungal culture. Any chewers chompers and decomposers are good in my book.

Organikz

Organikz

You ever think about a cover crop? Rye and clover are awesome and they keep the soil nice and aerated as well as fixing nutrients.

Plants can also swap nutrients. Clover will give up nitrogen for phos. Rye does the opposite. Everything stays balanced.

This is why plants and grasses grow amongst eachother in nature. They thrive. When you drive past powerlines they bushhawg c9nstantly yet the saplings and weeds spring right back up a week later

Schkronis

Schkronis

You ever think about a cover crop? Rye and clover are awesome and they keep the soil nice and aerated as well as fixing nutrients.

Plants can also swap nutrients. Clover will give up nitrogen for phos. Rye does the opposite. Everything stays balanced.

This is why plants and grasses grow amongst eachother in nature. They thrive. When you drive past powerlines they bushhawg c9nstantly yet the saplings and weeds spring right back up a week later

I used to have clovers during my first run. I'm thinking to do it again. Companion growing is awesome!

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

I'd rather use a cover crop than plastic mulch. Sadly it is a hard practice to keep up as you scale up.

Organikz

Organikz

Companions will relieve your plants a bit as far as dropping carbs to feed microbes so it can concentrate sugars to flowering rather than keeping up with nutrient availability.

It's why you can somewhat slow your fade down with fulvic acid. I like a nice even fade. Not an intense self consumption.

Icemud

Icemud

I had some yellow ones in my garden, I believe they are called Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. Anyhow they didn't hurt anything and I would just pluck them when I saw them. I think of it as helping compost organic materials and hopefully a sign of healthy soil. I think they may have come from a brick of coco I recently added.

20170512 180801 HDR
20170512 180811
20170512 181212 HDR
20170512 181223

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Agree with Perception, those look like an Inky Cap or Sphagnurus paluster.
Have seen what appear to be the same type of mushrooms after applying a myco product.
Pop up and then die within a day or two max.
Screenshot 2017 07 31 112250

I added some King Stropharia spawn to my mulch of alder wood chips. Companion planting with mushrooms has increased yield up to 30% with certain vegetables.

Screenshot 2017 06 29 195308

Screenshot 2017 06 29 194308

Screenshot 2017 06 29 193829

Top Bottom