Music and Herbs to enhance your plants?

• Thread starter Purpstickipunch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

So the basic question is do you think our plants like music? Do you think it would benifit them in any way? I mean they responsed when you take care of them, when you talk to them. Do you think they would responsed anyway if music was playing. I don't know its a theory I want to try out.

The next is what do you guys think about herbs adding flavor to the plant itself? Like lavendar, mint, lemon balm plants. My mothers a big herbie grower and I was thinking that if you could enhance a pots flavor or smell with herbs? Just a thought I wanted to see what everyone would think on this subject. If you think its stupid well.... suck my dogs balls... :)

Peace
Purp

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
So the basic question is do you think our plants like music? Do you think it would benifit them in any way? I mean they responsed when you take care of them, when you talk to them. Do you think they would responsed anyway if music was playing. I don't know its a theory I want to try out.

The next is what do you guys think about herbs adding flavor to the plant itself? Like lavendar, mint, lemon balm plants. My mothers a big herbie grower and I was thinking that if you could enhance a pots flavor or smell with herbs? Just a thought I wanted to see what everyone would think on this subject. If you think its stupid well.... suck my dogs balls... :)

Peace
Purp

Your dog still has his balls? You should really think about getting him neutered, it's the right thing to do. ;)

The only flavors I want in my weed are flavors that were bred into the plant, not fed into the plant. I've heard of it being done, but that may be urban legend, I have no first hand experience.

My plants definitely like reggae. I asked them. Their preference is early jamaican roots, but most will do.

outwest

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Your dog still has his balls? You should really think about getting him neutered, it's the right thing to do. ;)

The only flavors I want in my weed are flavors that were bred into the plant, not fed into the plant. I've heard of it being done, but that may be urban legend, I have no first hand experience.

My plants definitely like reggae. I asked them. Their preference is early jamaican roots, but most will do.

outwest

Nooo I will not get my dogs balls chopped.. poor thang!! Hes gonna be a stud dog, Ima pimp his ass out on craiglist!!
Well I love the smell of some herbs and it be fuckin awesome if I could get like some lavendar or something mixed in it, I just love the stuff.

I love reggae music. Actually in about two in a half weeks we are going to the u.s. virgin islands. ahhhhh its so great!!!!! Cant' waitttt, get super tan so everyone up here will still be all whitey!! I love that place, theres a lot of poverty and crime but its such a beautiful area!

Green Giant

Green Giant

I play classical music in my rooms 24/7 Mozart, Beethoven, and Yo Yo Ma. Not sure if it does anything for them, but its better than listening to the buzz/hum of the fans when I'm in there working.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

I play classical music in my rooms 24/7 Mozart, Beethoven, and Yo Yo Ma. Not sure if it does anything for them, but its better than listening to the buzz/hum of the fans when I'm in there working.

Right on man thats what I like to hear! I took a classical music class in school a year ago, I loved it, it was great! Yeah I was thinking of setting a little radio or something up playin some reggae or somethin soothing. :)

Green Giant

Green Giant

Right on man thats what I like to hear! I took a classical music class in school a year ago, I loved it, it was great! Yeah I was thinking of setting a little radio or something up playin some reggae or somethin soothing. :)

I can't remember where, but I read something about classical music is the best for the plants, something about the sound wave it gives off.

K

kolah

Supposedly classical music induces different brainwaves which are beneficial. Rock, Metal, Rap are not so good. But so much for "research" and "studies" as most have serious conflicts of interest.

What the heck is Yo-Yo-Ma?

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

Supposedly classical music induces different brainwaves which are beneficial. Rock, Metal, Rap are not so good. But so much for "research" and "studies" as most have serious conflicts of interest.

What the heck is Yo-Yo-Ma?
apparently heavy basses cause the stomata to close as if a storm is closing in. im pretty sure its more about the frequencies of the vibrations than the actual sounds or melodies. check this out:https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/new-biowave-harmonic-plant-stomata-dilator.35129/
like leds im sure, give it a few years. but i wouldnt call bs

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Awesome think Im going to give this a try in my room. Gotta see what songs I would like them to listen too. :)

K

kolah

I got all my plants wired up with headsets. It's a bitch-times-ten to find their little ears though.

Thanks for that link, Calyx, good stuff.

Ahh,I see on the Yo-yo-ma stuff. The only yo-yo-ma I ever heard of was from Kramer on Seinfeld.

dmob

dmob

they say classical music is the shiz for plant but i'm doubtful.
surely each plant would respond differently and if not individuals then surely species?
as for herbs?
can't see how they'd work...

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

surely each plant would respond differently and if not individuals then surely species?
as for herbs?

Well if you take it back to school dayz, a plant is a living organisim. It responds just like we do when we absorb nutrients, sunlight,water, air.
The reason why I asked this is because they say when you have a baby if you listen to mozart or some classical music the baby will come out a baby genius... now, I don't know how factual that is but I do believe that the baby is stimulated by the music...ergo the same as for plants. Im gonna try it though, see what happens.... too bad I can bring my record player in my room....Lol!

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Fuck the record player... Im settin a music playlist on my ipod.... 'grow my bitches gro!'

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

as for herbs?
yet again, its not about the genre, its about the frequencies. Everything living responds to different frequencies and vibrations

K

kolah

I do not think plants process things (music, i.e.) in the same way as humans do. Plants have Life Force such as ours but they do not have a central nervous system (brain, neurotransmitters, etc). I agree with smartcalyx and believe plants react moreso to frequency and vibrations. It would be an interesting topic to explore though, ie , "a living plants energy and how it collects, processes and reacts to it's surroundings. Any Botanists out there?

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

I agree calyx, and kolah. Wouldn't that be the shit though if some jimmy hendrix or sublime playing will make your weed fat or taste superior!!

K

kolah

Yeah PSP, I would like to think plants are much like us...all individuals with different preferences, of sorts...and some would like rock, others classical and others maybe even Rap and Hip-Hop. Who knows?

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Yeah PSP, I would like to think plants are much like us...all individuals with different preferences, of sorts...and some would like rock, others classical and others maybe even Rap and Hip-Hop. Who knows?

Yeah, I treat my plants like another human you know. I talk to em, love on em, an everything. I would like to think they respond back to the lovin I give em :). Like I once read though you take care of them, and they will take care of you. Happy Thoughts!

Top Bottom