Must see TV.

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

All farmers should watch The Botany of Desire on PBS. Tonight was first showing. See schedule for repeat viewings. Very informative, fair and enlightened view of cannabis included. Exposure that is good for all of us. PBS operates on donations. If you like, show your appreciation with small donation in the name of cannabis lovers. For those outside US without PBS, check out this site, http://www.pbs.org/thebotanyofdesire/ and focus on Intoxication: In the arms of Morpheus.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Just saw web site. You have to click on several things besides video clips. The 4 clips are just a 10 minute overview of 30 minute segment that includes coffee shops in Amsterdam, medicinal growers in their gardens, incredible close up videos of trichs, its influence on music and other creative endeavours, etc. To get full effect watch show, web site doesn't do it justice.

S

scrapiron

I saw this advertized the other day and forgot about it (imagine that!) Anyway I just looked it up on PBS and found one Nov.4 at 2:am. Not sure if it is the right one though. Is it 120 minutes long, and includes segments on Tulips and Potatoes?

C

chicago

Thanks for the info SS it sounds very interesting it comes on at 2am tonight and I just set my DVR thanks for the heads up

Chicago

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Yes scrapiron it is 120 minutes. The cannabis section starts about 50 minutes to an hour in but really the shit about apples, tulips and potatoes is pretty interesting too. You're welcome Chi-town. I really hope most of you watch it. I also saw a show on BBC-America called "Should I Smoke Dope" where some middle aged Brit lady goes to Amsterdam for a month and experiments with pot. She even works in the Dampkring. Not nearly as insightful or unbiased. A lot of the headlines I see in announcements are regional.This is nationwide exposure for the cause. No commercials on PBS makes it even easier to watch.

true grit

true grit

Damn is this what my pops called about- said he watched some show on the origins of indoor cannabis breeding..? Same show? If so, I'll just DVR on PBS. Nice heads up!

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Same show TG. Not just origins either. Also justifications. Best representation I have seen on TV.

S

snapabowl421

it had so much info...i think everyone should watch it...:mysterymachine:

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

For those without access to PBS here is a link to the whole program: If you can't make it through apple and tulip parts, talk about breeding programs you should see the field of tulips one breeder uses to come up with just one mother and how, the cannabis section goes from 8:31:40-8:04:00 on the timer. The tulip part is fascinating. A single tulip bulb in the day sold for the equivalent of 15,000,000.00 dollars. Was treated much like pot with prohibition and "tulip madness". If you search out cannabis discussion don't slide bar on timer far, a hair from beginning only. Positive responses to PBS will bring more shows like this.

K

kimburns

i caught it and it was very good and informative, i was a little disappointed with the cannabis portion but it was still really good, people should check it out if they get a chance.

A

andy107

just smoked a fat J watching this show right now, actually pretty interesting. Good post sarge.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Can't believe more farmers won't get behind stuff like this.
For those without access to PBS here is a link to the whole program:

M

Mr.

Watched half today. Saving the cannabis and potato segment for another day soon. So far it is very good.

S

scrapiron

I tivo'ed it last night. Got up this morning to watch it and the screen was black? Tivo has never done this in the past, and it said it was playing. Gettin pissed, I hit fast forward. Figured local politics blacked the show out or something. All of a sudden the screen came on and it was the last 30 seconds of the Poppy segment. The whole Cannabis segment played, and the screen went black again! wtf? Is someone pushing Cannabis at Direct Tv? haha!

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Jorge talks about the book this was based on in"The Bible". Get behind this. If nothing else e-mail PBS and say you liked it.

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

"The video you requested is not currently available on PBS Video. We're working to bring you even more high-quality, free content. Be sure to check back often for updates."

weak, i wAS planning on watching it now

S

Stockton

It's on torrents if you know how to find it.

Also a good documentary around is also "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High" which can be found in entirety on google videos.

Top Bottom