My 110L Bubble Bucket. With 6 Pots. Please comments

• Thread starter DrGreenz011
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrGreenz011

Hi all.

I recently made my own Bubble Bucket system, i have made EBB&FLOW systems but i was wondering if the great people of THC Farmer would comment on it please as it is my first.

110L storage bin.
2x Air stone balls
1x air pump 2x 2.5l/min
1x water pump ( for circulation)
6m tubing.
6 pots

So i cut 6 holes into the lid of the container so that the pots sink into the lid.

i drilled 2 holes for the air pipe to go in and onto the air stones which are mounted on the base.
the circulating pump is fastened to the base aswell.
the circ pump has a fountain outlet pipe which is 10mm above the water splashing down. slightly wetting the pot bases.

I will fill the container with 50L of water, the pots will be 70 - 100mm above the water line.

1: What i want to know is, will my clones in peat pots get enough moisture even though the pots are not saturated at the bottom during the early stages?

2: Will i need to top feed for a long time or will the roots 'explore/ search' for the water?

3: Is the Air pump sufficient? it has a descent amount of bubbles but from a 5l/min pump but it will take +-15min to 'saturate the water'. i dont trust it.

4: How would I control the topping up in relation to keeping the nute level right, instead of it raising and lowering as the plants drink and i top up with water.

Any comments are welcome

'Shap'

U

username09

Hi all.

I recently made my own Bubble Bucket system, i have made EBB&FLOW systems but i was wondering if the great people of THC Farmer would comment on it please as it is my first.

110L storage bin.
2x Air stone balls
1x air pump 2x 2.5l/min
1x water pump ( for circulation)
6m tubing.
6 pots

So i cut 6 holes into the lid of the container so that the pots sink into the lid.

i drilled 2 holes for the air pipe to go in and onto the air stones which are mounted on the base.
the circulating pump is fastened to the base aswell.
the circ pump has a fountain outlet pipe which is 10mm above the water splashing down. slightly wetting the pot bases.

I will fill the container with 50L of water, the pots will be 70 - 100mm above the water line.

1: What i want to know is, will my clones in peat pots get enough moisture even though the pots are not saturated at the bottom during the early stages?

2: Will i need to top feed for a long time or will the roots 'explore/ search' for the water?

3: Is the Air pump sufficient? it has a descent amount of bubbles but from a 5l/min pump but it will take +-15min to 'saturate the water'. i dont trust it.

4: How would I control the topping up in relation to keeping the nute level right, instead of it raising and lowering as the plants drink and i top up with water.

Any comments are welcome

'Shap'

If I were you I'd fill the bin so that the water goes over the net pots 1-2" until a good root system is formed. If I were you I'd get at least 3 of the 6" air stones and situate them under each row of plants. I'd also get another pump just to be safe. One could always go bad on you. If you're worried about lifting all the plants for feeding then just cut a hole in the top and use it to pour your solution in. You can always use something to cover it up when not in use. Hope this helps.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
top feeding till your roots are showing up at the bottom is a good idea

not sure about peat pots, usually rock in a net pot is used

O

ookiimata

Going by my rule of thumb of 15l air/1gal water, you need 435.6 liters of air for a 110l res. You could go as high as 25-28l air/1gal water if you wanted to.

Either manually top feed until the roots find the water, or setup a drip system that will feed them until they find the water. Then you turn off the drip system for the rest of the grow. I've also seen a setup in a hydro book where they ran 1/8 black tubing inside the pots, punched little holes in the tube, and the holes are aimed at the bottom of the netpot. That setup kept the tube spray running throughout the grow, even after the roots found the water. So it's kind of like a ghetto low pressure aero except without sprinklers, combined with the highly oxygenated nute water the roots will be in.

D

DrGreenz011

I think ill hook up a Drip feed system to get them goin. ill post some pics as soon as i can. thanks

Top Bottom