My 2c on EC

• Thread starter DarkSpark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DarkSpark

DarkSpark

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on keeping the correct EC.

It's always best to keep your EC at the low end. Use the plants to dictate where their optimal EC is at. Don’t try to force them to suck hot nutes. More nutes does not equal more yield, it does not work like that. It’s about osmolyte driven pressure. If the EC has dropped over night with the water level, bump up the EC. If the reverse, then do the contrary. You want the EC to be the same the next morning, irrespective of water level. Let the girls tell you what they need. I have my EC as low a 0.6 at the beginning of flower, but different strains can handle different ECs. Also, temp and pH and metabolism effect these differences.

Happy growing. :)

psilobuds

psilobuds

agreed. low nutes is better, burnin ur plants is a setback to yield. dwc is risky like this, very unforgivin. also should dump weekly. cf might b stable, but ratios of dissolved salts change quickly. this can b signified by change in pH.. but not always. so best to dump regularly 2.

marz

marz

Do you guys always get nice crystal white roots with dwc? mine are always brown.

Coir

Coir

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on keeping the correct EC.

Also, temp and pH and metabolism effect these differences.
Happy growing. :)

As well as nutrient formulation and ingredients. I make my own and run them much higher than this because of the ratios of elements and the ingredients I use. There are so many different nutrients on the market that saying all of them should be run the same way really doesn't work! Pick one and dial it in for your specific situation would be a much better statement here.

marz

marz

Use H&G and root excelurator. temp 72. Don't smell of much, a little greasy but not slimey as such. They go brown from the beginning. never white.

yellowhead

yellowhead

Yeah keep DWC simple. As has been said before on the forum, forget the zones zymes and ators. I’ve never done stand alone DWC but have a UC system. Made the mistake of using dutch zone once. That ended up costing me an entire crop. Worst mistake I’ve ever made in 10yrs of farming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom