My 3rd batch of Weed Wine

• Thread starter ScrOGer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScrOGer

Well, it's santa ynez riesling, grown in the south end of the central coast. First time doing a white wine. we made Pinot Noir last year, and Syrah the year prior. The reds are killer. You can barely taste the herb. The white (riesling) brings on a more hashy, flavor along withthe fruitiness of the shiskaberry I co-fermented with the riesling. The pinot, because of its thin skins put out a little of the bubba profile, but in a mild mannered sort of way. the bubba brought a mild herbaceous quality to it. The santa barbara Pinot reminded me of a village level pinot from burgundy:)

We bought some grapes, picked at a higher than usual levels of sugar, to make a rich wine, but fermenting longer, to make a dry style. much similar to a wine between a german styled trocken and kabinett. SO basically fermenting almost all of the sugar.

here are some pics of the process. we made a tester using a carboy. produced about 48 375ml bottles. 1 glass on you are felling the wine buzz and the body effects for the shiskaberry.

the fermentation went well, at the start. added the herb after about 2 weeks after the riesling began fermenting. this stuff bubble and fizzed & hissed for almost 2 months!!!! I thought we were losing our project, for sure. but ended up rocking it!

the flavor profile is packed full of stone fruits: white peach & apricot. plenty of honeydew melon, bees wax and orange blossom. higher in acidity, so pairs well with oysters and cheeses, light pastas, and most seafood. on it's own, during a hot summer day, is a fine way to relax and sooth the pain.

When it's all finished, just filter the final juice and bottle.

Weed wine full of shiskaberry
Weed wine extreem close up full shiskaberry
Weed wine cloudy fermenting
Weed wine floating
Weed wine start fermentation
Weed wine med shot fermenting
Weed wine bubbling
Weed wine bubble close up
S

ScrOGer

here is the finished product, below.

EDIT: It's not cloudy. I just pulled this bottle from the fridge.

Finished bottle of weed wine riesling
Rushoe

Rushoe

Not much of a wine guy But I would love to try that one.Very nice man how is the buzz???

S

ScrOGer

Not much of a wine guy But I would love to try that one.Very nice man how is the buzz???

The buzz, for me, is the same as wine, but i get a little more happy, a lot more relaxed, good mellow body buzz. I might bring some down to the southbay in august, I need to ask if I can bring it, tho. There is very little made each year. like less than 3 cases. We will do another larger run, later in the year of the pinot, syrah and perhaps chardonnay. I hope to bring some to the next KUSH event.

phenotyper

phenotyper

That sounds amazing. experimenting with this has been on my todo list for a while and I think it's really stellar that you have a recipe that works.

S

ScrOGer

That sounds amazing. experimenting with this has been on my todo list for a while and I think it's really stellar that you have a recipe that works.

Thank a lot. You should do it. Only a little over an once of bud in there. not much for the effect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The buzz, for me, is the same as wine, but i get a little more happy, a lot more relaxed, good mellow body buzz. I might bring some down to the southbay in august, I need to ask if I can bring it, tho. There is very little made each year. like less than 3 cases. We will do another larger run, later in the year of the pinot, syrah and perhaps chardonnay. I hope to bring some to the next KUSH event.
OoooOOO! Here at home we LOVE our Pinot Noir wines (any rich, fruity red will do me just fine). I wish we could grow Pinot grapes up here.

How many vines do you need to make a case?

S

ScrOGer

OoooOOO! Here at home we LOVE our Pinot Noir wines (any rich, fruity red will do me just fine). I wish we could grow Pinot grapes up here.

How many vines do you need to make a case?

We bought some bulk grapes from a vineyard in Santa Ynez. They usually drop fruit to keep yields low and quality high. they grow no more than 2 tons of grapes per acre. you can make about EDIT: 200 cases of 750ml (standard btl) from 2 tons of fruit.

Pinot noir grows very well in cooler climates. if you are near oregon, you are in a zone made for pinot. if not, the cali central coast and sonoma are your best bets, here in the states.

Damn, I like me some weed wine :)

The weed wine is very nice. Going out for thai dinner in a few and bringing in 2 half bottles with dinner. 15 buck corkage fee, is fine with me.

Top Bottom