My 3rd Grow attempt

• Thread starter ArrEll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArrEll

ArrEll

UPDATE May 2nd

Not long to go, I believe. Maybe 2 weeks to go.....?

I love the smell these are giving off. Like a mix of Bazooka Bubble Gum & a bit of Citrus, like Orange Rind. Glad I'm only growing two, or the smell might overwhelm my fan & filter.

Q: Anyone familiar with the Afghan Kush (fem) strain, re: Do the trichomes turn Amber just before they're ready? View attachment 1119738View attachment 1119739

May 10th 2021: Harvest Begins

I’m a bit unsure if these plants are truly Ready for harvest, so I’m taking it slow…and giving myself time, to respond to others’ input.

Leaves are Yellowing, signaling the end approaching for the plants’ lifecycle. Trichomes are Cloudy with just a trace of Amber, IN PLACES…especially on the sugar leaves. You can see in the pic where I have cut off a couple of buds. Hung them up to dry, and see if they smoke OK. I will harvest in sections, over the next week or two. That way if I indeed jumped the gun, I won’t lose the entire crop. There are plenty of big buds, so I can afford a little loss.

But I feel I must begin, lest I let them go too long and risk losing the entire Grow. This is where I get Anxious. I always doubt my own judgement, when it comes to timing my harvest. I’ve made mistakes in the past, on the short (time) side. Input Welcome. Help! lol.

Total Time From seed: 110 days.

May10a

One of two bud locations I harvested today. Testing, to see if they're ready.

May10b

Last edited:
ArrEll

ArrEll

I would have left them longer.

I would have left them longer.
TY I have decided to do just that. I smoked a little bit of that bud yesterday...harsh, Zippy high & gave me a headache. Should I ignore the yellowing of the leaves? I'll shorten the light cycle, stop all nutrients (already did, a week ago), and water only with ice-cold water (and not much of it) to imitate the onset of Winter.

Any idea how much longer? What should I look for the most? Thanks!

freezeland2

freezeland2

TY I have decided to do just that. I smoked a little bit of that bud yesterday...harsh, Zippy high & gave me a headache. Should I ignore the yellowing of the leaves? I'll shorten the light cycle, stop all nutrients (already did, a week ago), and water only with ice-cold water (and not much of it) to imitate the onset of Winter.

Any idea how much longer? What should I look for the most? Thanks!

There are still to many white lively pistils going on there. When those have all rolled up and turned orange, the trich’s are all either cloudy or amber (less than half amber) then you can think about chopping her down. The yellow leaves I wouldn’t get all worked up over. She is near end of life. From the picture of the bud you cut I’d guess another week or even two.

ArrEll

ArrEll

There are still to many white lively pistils going on there. When those have all rolled up and turned orange, the trich’s are all either cloudy or amber (less than half amber) then you can think about chopping her down. The yellow leaves I wouldn’t get all worked up over. She is near end of life. From the picture of the bud you cut I’d guess another week or even two.
TY much for the Guidance. I'd hate to make the mistake of harvesting early. 🙂

Top Bottom