my afghan auto,headlight kush/royal headband auto , pineapple auto grow

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

out of the first 21 seeds i tried to germinate so far only 6 has popped 4 headband/kush 1 pineapple and afghan the pineapple and afghan are not looking that good i think the light they were under were to close and bright but i believe i have them Daisey chained right now i did start 7 more 4 headband/kush and 3 afghans i soaked them all for 2 days and they all started to sprout in the water so im hoping they all pop the soil
20210110 205227
20210110 205234 HDR
20210110 205237
20210110 205254 HDR
20210110 205311
20210110 205322
20210110 205330
20210110 205341
20210110 205354 HDR

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah you are still close enough to just pop some more beans they will only be about a week apart no biggie. Bummer that the viability on the Afghan isn't as great they are older seeds so it kind of makes sense. Sometimes that just happens I got a pack of the Don Carlos Strain from Humboldt Seed Company it was gifted to me from one of my homies, he got it as a promo at a show. Anyways I sat on the pack for a year and finally went to grow them weeks back and only got 1 to pop out of like 20 beans. The one that germinated is looking good Im hoping it's female its already over a foot tall.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah man over the years I have really got the germinating thing down. I have really good success. I like to soak them first overnight in water. 8-10 hours is good usually no need for more unless the seeds are old then a longer soak can be good. I used to soak 24 hours and it worked good but then this 1 time I had seeds so fast that the completely opened up and drowned before I could take them out. For this reason I stick to overnight for most fresh seeds. I then do the moist paper-towel method and I put it in a ziplock bag. Now the key is I also put it in a heated environment around 82 degrees. I have the best place for it I rest the ziplock baggies on top of my aquarium led lights. They get warm to touch but not too hot and its the perfect environment. I just had 100% success rate on a handful of 3 year old seeds. If you are still having issues with them germinated go ahead and just try to pop more. Don't worry about using them up I have lots of seeds I can always send you more so try the paper-towel and let me know. I don't put them in the jiffy pellets until the white root is sticking way out. Sometimes they completely come out of the seed in the ziplock baggies then they go into Jiffy pellets.

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Also how are you germinating them? Are you going straight in dirt? Jiffy pellets? Also are you soaking the seeds in water first and if so how long?

Over the years I have really got it down. I like to soak them first overnight in water. 8-10 hours is good usually no need for more unless the seeds are old then a longer soak can be good. I used to soak 24 hours and it worked good but then this 1 time I had seeds so fast that the completely opened up and drowned before I could take them out. For this reason I stick to overnight. I then do the papertowel method and I put it in a ziplock bag. Not the key is I also put it in a heated environment around 81 degrees. I have the best place for it I rest the ziplock baggies on top of my aquarium led lights. They get warm to touch but not too hot and its the perfect environment. I just had 100% success rate on a handful of 3 year old seeds. If you are still having issues with them germinated go ahead and just try to pop more. Don't worry about using them up I have lots of seeds I can always send you more.
the extra ones i put in the solo cups they all sprouted in the cup of water do u think they will all pop the soil

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

As long as they had a white root tip sticking out then they all should start to push up out of the soil. you may want to think about moving those little solo cups to a nice warm area. Maybe set them close to your heater or furnace. Not too hot but it is winter time so you want the soil to get nice and luke warm like if the Spring sun was warming the ground. They like the warmth it triggers them that the grow season has arrived.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i keep it warmer in the tent then in my house lol my temps in my tent stay withen 66 to 83 i will try an getting a warming mat for the seeds in a few days

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i had 9 growers choice seeds when i got them 3 each of pineapple and gorillia glue auto and 3 aculpoca golds none of the glues germinated all 3 pineapples actually germinated u saw the one i harvested and u see this one and the other 1 looked the same still have 2 of the golds so i do need to learn to germinate lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i wonder if i could get away with vegging 2 gold plants while the autos grow

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

i wonder if i could get away with vegging 2 gold plants while the autos grow
Yes absolutely thats what is so great about autos you can veg and flower in the same tent. I would wait until the right time because you don't want your photo plants to veg out too big while you'r waiting for your autos to finish. Halfway through this auto grow you can pop your regular seeds and get them ready for vegging alongside. Then your harvests will be even closer together.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

last time i let the gold veg for 6 weeks before i flipped i wanted to veg a little longer next months i got 4 oz off a 6 week veg what would i get off a 12 week veg

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

As long as they had a white root tip sticking out then they all should start to push up out of the soil. you may want to think about moving those little solo cups to a nice warm area. Maybe set them close to your heater or furnace. Not too hot but it is winter time so you want the soil to get nice and luke warm like if the Spring sun was warming the ground. They like the warmth it triggers them that the grow season has arrived.
the floor of my
the extra ones i put in the solo cups they all sprouted in the cup of water do u think they will all pop the soil
i let the first ones soak for 1 day the last ones i just did for they soaked for 2 days then straight to soil they all have root tips sticking out

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the pellets i used i got off ebay i dont know what brand or how old they were i did buy 2 new jiffy pellet trays with humidity domes at walmart the other day u see the trays the pellets were the ones i got off ebay

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

last time i let the gold veg for 6 weeks before i flipped i wanted to veg a little longer next months i got 4 oz off a 6 week veg what would i get off a 12 week veg
Hard to say exactly what you would get. If you vegged for exactly twice as long I don't think you would get exactly twice as much don't think it works that way. You will definitely get more thats for sure. I would be a bit apprehensive about starting the regular seeds yet because remember that autoflowers don't get super tall. If you start your regs at the same time as your autos I think the regs will keep growing over the autos and start dominating the canopy. Maybe it would work if you could prop up those autos on maybe an upside down bucket of something to bring them evenly with the regs. I guess we will just have to see that headlights kush I believe was pretty normal size I guess we will see how big they get.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Hard to say exactly what you would get. If you vegged for exactly twice as long I don't think you would get exactly twice as much don't think it works that way. You will definitely get more thats for sure. I would be a bit apprehensive about starting the regular seeds yet because remember that autoflowers don't get super tall. If you start your regs at the same time as your autos I think the regs will keep growing over the autos and start dominating the canopy. Maybe it would work if you could prop up those autos on maybe an upside down bucket of something to bring them evenly with the regs. I guess we will just have to see that headlights kush I believe was pretty normal size I guess we will see how big they get.
I'm not gonna do a mix grow just yet I do want to get as many females as I can in this grow tho just might in a few days if the solo cups have not done anything try again lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

my only pineapple and afghan should i pull them up or let them go
20210117 184758
20210117 184808
20210117 184818
20210117 184855
20210117 184909
20210117 184930
20210117 184940

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Looks like they got stunted or shocked somehow which dramatically slowed their growth. Hard to say exactly why it happened. Maybe overwatering or maybe the soil was too hot for the seedling. or it is certainly possible it was nothing that you did and it was just shitty luck. Maybe those seeds just happened to be runts. Either way considering that they are autos I would probably just kill them to keep more open space for the healthier plants. BTW how are the other plants doing for comparison?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Looks like they got stunted or shocked somehow which dramatically slowed their growth. Hard to say exactly why it happened. Maybe overwatering or maybe the soil was too hot for the seedling. or it is certainly possible it was nothing that you did and it was just shitty luck. Maybe those seeds just happened to be runts. Either way considering that they are autos I would probably just kill them to keep more open space for the healthier plants. BTW how are the other plants doing for comparison?
i have 3 lights in my tent daisey changed but at first i had it wrong one light was at 100 percent while the others were at 30 percent they were under the 100 percent light

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

using the paper towel method like you suggested and the heating mat i got so far 2 of the afghan to sprout a pretty good root

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i thought i would update with some pics . I'm running into a gnat problem has to been in the soil its in the 40's and 30's here i got yellow sticky traps and some diatomaceous earth to use . i have 7 headlight kush/royal headband , 1 pineapple and 2 afghans auto going the afghans just popped . temps stay withen 65 to 80 f humidity between 45 and 65 rh thanks to my ac infinity fan lol

20210119 182910
20210119 182913
20210119 182919
20210119 182922
20210119 184924
20210119 184928
20210119 184932
20210119 184938
20210119 185519
Top Bottom