My autoflower feminized onyx 4 week seedling looks like a male? wtf?

• Thread starter BavarianFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BavarianFarmer

Hi!

So this is my autoflower feminized onyx plant 4 weeks from sprouting and in the last few days it's started to make these sacs... there are also some hairs here and there so could it possibly be a hermaphrodite? from searching around it kind of looks like a male but the seeds I bought are feminized!! This kind of blows... I'm surprised that it's showing anything when it's only 4 weeks old...
Thanks for the help!

My autoflower feminized onyx 4 week seedling looks like a male wtf
My autoflower feminized onyx 4 week seedling looks like a male wtf 2
My autoflower feminized onyx 4 week seedling looks like a male wtf 3
My autoflower feminized onyx 4 week seedling looks like a male wtf 4
B

BavarianFarmer

No one has an opinion out of all the views? I think I'm gonna cut it down tomorrow unless someone else thinks otherwise.

W

WolfDawg

No one has an opinion out of all the views? I think I'm gonna cut it down tomorrow unless someone else thinks otherwise.

Well I have a few of the fem onyx I put out a couple of weeks ago, not sure whats up, I'll post some pics after I go back out next week.

But yeah looks like a hermi, is it going to pollinate anything else, cause you may want to see if its going to keep making male flowers, this is my first run with these too so for all I know the auto fems may make a few male sacs at first, I would pick them off and see what happens with more sacs, wait to kill it if you can.

Watch it close though so the sacs don't open and hit your other plants.

B

BavarianFarmer

It's just pumping out lots of sacs everywhere now... I think this one is a lost cause. It's kind of sad since this is one of my first plants and the one that has grown the biggest the fastest compared to the others. It's just chugging water and nutrients and living good! But the dude is gonna get chopped. I think I'm gonna blend the whole plant and simmer it in butter for a few hours then separate out the sediment and make brownies with the butter and see how it works.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bavarian,
Its definitely a boy. You must eliminate him. The males usually are the biggest, fastest growers. Don't think that you will have nearly enough thc in that guy for good butter. I would wait till you have some sugar frosted trimmings from the ladies.

Prost!

B

BavarianFarmer

Thanks a lot man! I'll sadly terminate him today... Happy 4th!

B

BavarianFarmer

Well. Here is a couple final pictures... So sad. I rinced all the hydroton really. Do you think it's ok to use again since it was only used for a month? Thanks! Dan...

What this guy could have been...

IMG 0980
IMG 0973
IMG 0985
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bavarian,
You can reuse the hydroton indefinitely, as long as you clean and sterilize it between uses.

B

BavarianFarmer

Do I need to sterilize it now too even though it was so little used? I rinsed with hot water for a long time. If I do need to sterlize it, how should I? I've heard putting it in the oven.
Thanks!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I'm sure that everyone has their methods, but i used to rinse it out real well, then I would boil it in really big spaghetti pot. Skim the crap off the top as it collects. After 5 minutes or so, strain, and rinse once more. Done.

B

BavarianFarmer

Haha the funny thing is, I had a really big pot and I just recently got rid of it becuase I didn't think I would ever use it and it got in the way. Shucks. I'll go get another!
Thanks man.

Top Bottom