My baby girls look off please help

• Thread starter KGBNWNC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KGBNWNC

KGBNWNC

Hey guys 1st post here and I was hoping It would be about something a little less concerning. Ok I have grown outdoors for almost 20 years, 2-3 plants a year for fun, out back and besides fertilizer I have just always played loose and gotten lucky. This is my 1st Inside grow and it’s not so great so far. Am I over watering or under watering? They don’t look right. Only hatched 5 days ago. Using this Black Gold brand seedling starter and it seems to drain really fast. Lights are the viperspectra XS2000 (2024 ver.) set at 25% and they are about 30 inches above the plants. Temp stays between 73-78 and humidity hovers right below 50%. Thanks guys, please help me be successful. I have really wanted be be aggressive about growing since my wife’s S4 diagnosis in January and smoking really helps for pain. Even better than the oc’s and the patches they are giving her. That and it’s one of the only things that helps with my migraines and NC is “one of those states”
My  baby girls look off please help

My  baby girls look off please help 2
I

ILgrower

Maybe 1/2 a shot glass every other day
that's what I did when I grew some in my walk-in closet back in the 90s used a little MH bulb and added more as the plant grew out, but as the laws were in cultivation I didn't flower it, especially in a 4 apt building, your worst nightmare will come when it's time to harvest them, drying is the hardest, growing is easy, but when it comes to drying it's got to be perfect or your buds will dry out too fast and start to smell like hay

R

RhastaBlasta

Water and nutrients. I'd say not just amount of water but the pH based issue, check it

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

It's very important that you adopt a proper feeding and watering regiment..

You need to soak these pots. Set each one in a dish of fertilizer solution and let them soak up as much nutrient solution as they can. Then do not water again until the pots are light and the medium is quite dry.

What are you going to feed your plants?
Keep the Nitrogen ppm of solution down around 200 for the next couple or 3 weeks. Then slowly bump it up as the plant requires.

The most important thing you need to get your mind around is the concept of watering until you have 25% runoff.
You can set the pots in something full of solution and let the medium saturate. Remove and top water with about 1/4 of the pots volume of solution.
This flushes any unused Nitrogen from the medium every watering and feeds the plant new solution.
Then do not water again until quite dry. Repeat above.

I am well aware what I'm asking you to do.
It's important that you keep the PH in line 6.5ish and the Nitrogen numbers low for this stage.
You should top dress with a teaspoon of Gypsum and 2 teaspoons of Dolomite lime. ASAP and again when you flip.
This is Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and a few other minerals your plants will require.

If you feel the light is a little bright yet you can easily move the pots off into a corner where the plants are not being pushed so hard.

Last edited:
KGBNWNC

KGBNWNC

It's very important that you adopt a proper feeding and watering regiment..

You need to soak these pots. Set each one in a dish of fertilizer solution and let them soak up as much nutrient solution as they can. Then do not water again until the pots are light and the medium is quite dry.

What are you going to feed your plants?
Keep the Nitrogen ppm of solution down around 200 for the next couple or 3 weeks. Then slowly bump it up as the plant requires.

The most important thing you need to get your mind around is the concept of watering until you have 25% runoff.
You can set the pots in something full of solution and let the medium saturate. Remove and top water with about 1/4 of the pots volume of solution.
This flushes any unused Nitrogen from the medium every watering and feeds the plant new solution.
Then do not water again until quite dry. Repeat above.

I am well aware what I'm asking you to do.
It's important that you keep the PH in line 6.5ish and the Nitrogen numbers low for this stage.
You should top dress with a teaspoon of Gypsum and 2 teaspoons of Dolomite lime. ASAP and again when you flip.
This is Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and a few other minerals your plants will require.

If you feel the light is a little bright yet you can easily move the pots off into a corner where the plants are not being pushed so hard.
Hey thanks for the tips! My plans are in another week I will be repotting these to 1.5 gallon pots and using some nice local live soil with some casings mixed in and adding some slow release 4-4-4 fertilizer. I have cal mag to add to the water regiment during that time. Then god willing when I flip I will repot them into 3 gal fabric pots and use the same live soil and add some slow release 2-8-4 and well as some of the 4-4-4. I am trying to keep these girls shortys and hope to accommodate the stretch to flower appropriately. I have bushier strains but my tent is only 5.5 feet tall. I assumed that the seedlings would be ok for a week to a week and a half under its own power nutrient wise and did not really need to add anything until veg. This starting soil is messing with me and I can’t tell if I am doing too much watering or not enough. Thanks again for the tips I will see what I can do!! I might add a little cal mag to the next watering and see if the color picks up!

KGBNWNC

KGBNWNC

Sounds like you have a plan of action .
Hope you have a great grow.
Thanks a lot for the help brother! Got my water dialed in PH wise and did the dish method you suggested with a slight bit of nutrients. Made sure to update my grow diary cause my memory sucks but I will be strict on making sure they are getting water when they need it, not before or after. Feeling good!

KGBNWNC

KGBNWNC

Sounds like you have a plan of action .
Hope you have a great grow.
Here is my last years 1 plant grow. It’s kinda Easy out side cause nature takes care of most things and we have perfect growing weather here in Western NC. Of course it was pretty fluffy and never got really tight buds but it smoked very well. Like I said inside is so new to me it’s just gonna take a few to get used to it and not be my worst enemy. I just enjoy the hell out of growing something beautiful and the after grow part is pretty fun too!!

IMG 2034
IMG 1986
IMG 2007
IMG 2044
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Super nice job n that plant.
I am aloud 4 plants at a time.
My outdoor baby last season. Was Laughing Buddha.
Also Northern Lights Auto, 2 - Wedding Cakes

Laughing Buddha
NLA 88
Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Thanks a lot for the help brother! Got my water dialed in PH wise and did the dish method you suggested with a slight bit of nutrients. Made sure to update my grow diary cause my memory sucks but I will be strict on making sure they are getting water when they need it, not before or after. Feeling good!
This will help big time!
What are you using for fertilizer? Oh ya 4-4-4 .

Indoors I grow in 50% peat and 50% Vermiculite buy volume.
Very light and fluffy stuff. Add Gypsum and a little Dolomite lime to sweeten the Peat. It's down around 5 PH.
This is also Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and a few other good things.
Then I water as described above. It's actually a form of Hydroponics.

Outdoors I make very nice living soil. Boost it and it's amazing how well my plants do in it.
Everything home made.

When you water. You can keep the run off for the flowers and other gardens. There is nothing wrong with it, just don't put it back threw your weed pots it will mess with the E.C if you do.

I'm not a fan of Mix and match. I grow Living soil, And Peat based. Never mix the 2.

If you want to use just liquid fertilizer. It's pretty easy to calculate.
Check this out. I had to watch it 3 times but got it sorted. Works great.

Last edited:
KGBNWNC

KGBNWNC

Thanks. I was thinking the same about that nicely trimmed up bud factory you have there.
Very nice looking plant.
Well if you are only gonna get to do 1 or 2 every year you might as well do it right! Damn plants got over 7 feet tall too! I live in a sub development so that always made me nervous, and my kids would only believe they were pepper plants for so many years before they caught on. NC is a weird state. It’s not legal mostly. My wife is prescribed dronabinol which is THC pills not CBD because of her cancer but it’s a hard no on smokeables. On 4-20 on the Cherokee Indian reservation it will be completely legal for recreational use, and they even have giant Grow fields producing some fantastic shit, but it’s only legal on the reservation. I don’t get why all the southern states are dragging their feet on legalization when half the country is all for it, hell I don’t understand how the capital of this country legalized it, but it’s still illegal??? what’s good for the goose should be good for the gander. Especially as liberal as Nc has become it’s still not legal. And we have some straight ass earthy hippies here in the Asheville area. So stupid for such a harmless thing that these states could be banking on the tax revenue. Hell just look at the drop in crime and murder Michigan has experienced in the last year since legalization.

KGBNWNC

KGBNWNC

Thanks. I was thinking the same about that nicely trimmed up bud factory you have there.
Very nice looking plant.
Well I guess you suggested practice is paying off. The second set of leaves look nice and green even though the 1st set are still yellowish. Gonna keep that up and will wind up transplanting to the 1 gallon veg pots soon and that will allow me to use the better live soil and the delay release 4-4-4 and keep rollin. They seem to be on track for exactly 7 days from poking out of the soil! Thanks again brother. Just sprouted my favorite of all time Durban Poison. That’s my jam. Nothing like smoking and having an overwhelming urge to go hike or get some stuff done. This stuff is the absolute opposite of a couch lock strain and I am excited. I like the ups better than the downs for sure. The genetics are pure so they should be nice plants
IMG 2897

Top Bottom