My basement smells like weed HELP!!

• Thread starter Franco74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Franco74

Franco74

We I'm running a 6 inch fan using a charcoal filter in my tent but with plants flowering my basement still smells and with winter can't vent out side. Any way to stop the smell thought about charcoal filter on both ends of fan. What y'all think

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

We I'm running a 6 inch fan using a charcoal filter in my tent but with plants flowering my basement still smells and with winter can't vent out side. Any way to stop the smell thought about charcoal filter on both ends of fan. What y'all think
If you have an adjustable speed motor it is usually more efficient to set it at a slower speed to be able to scrub the odors better. Not sure how big your filter is but it maybe time to upgrade, especially if your grow volume is increasing. There is another way to extend the life and efficiency of your filter, and that is to cover the part of the filter (about 1/3) nearest to your fan. This causes intake to the filter to occur further back from the fan where the charcoal does not normally scrub as much as the charcoal nearest to the fan, and of course I'm talking about air being scrubbed first before going through the fan and then out of your tent And last but not least, it maybe that its just plain time to invest in either a cleaning solutions to wash your charcoal for reuse, or invest in a new filter.

Franco74

Franco74

If you have an adjustable speed motor it is usually more efficient to set it at a slower speed to be able to scrub the odors better. Not sure how big your filter is but it maybe time to upgrade, especially if your grow volume is increasing. There is another way to extend the life and efficiency of your filter, and that is to cover the part of the filter (about 1/3) nearest to your fan. This causes intake to the filter to occur further back from the fan where the charcoal does not normally scrub as much as the charcoal nearest to the fan, and of course I'm talking about air being scrubbed first before going through the fan and then out of your tent And last but not least, it maybe that its just plain time to invest in either a cleaning solutions to wash your charcoal for reuse, or invest in a new filter.
New filter and it's a big filter for 6 inch duct I have the filter in the tent fan outside of tent sucking air though filter and my speed is at lowest setting don't get me wrong it's stopping alot l just not all

Madmax

Madmax

How often is it extracting and how well sealed is your grow room..only time i can smell mine is when i open the door.vents in ceiling though..fans on bout 1/4 speed but extracts every 5 - 10 min 5x5 room 710cfm fresh hyper fan and filter...

Franco74

Franco74

It's a 4x4 x 80 tent fan is running all the time when I had it blowing outside in warmer weather u could still smell it outside next to vent

kaka

kaka

Supporter
did you buy an amazon brand charcoal filter?
if so, walk into a grow store and get a real horticultural brand.

Madmax

Madmax

Ask them if it has 46mm RC-48 activated carbon..

id love one of those can fans...they are pircey in aust..

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My bedroom is closed off from rest of housr and allways smells like weed, dont grow skunk strains.

StoninStanley

StoninStanley

Any way to stop the smell thought about charcoal filter on both ends of fan. What y'all think
I've done this and it works. Now I just buy a bigger filter than I need everytime because it made my fan way less efficient to have a filter on both ends. You may want to make sure there are no leaks along your ducting and duct tape everywhere where there could be a leak, like at all the connection points.

StoninStanley

StoninStanley

Don't know but I switch mine out or change the carbon once a year to be safe. Never had an issue with smell as long as there is negative air pressure in the tent

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Carbon filters can stop working if the air is very humid. I can't say that's happening, of course.

For emergency odor problems, Ona products are great. The gels and sprays are very effective, the solid products are not quite as good.

I usually have a can of the spray in the house, but whenever someone who has kids drops by, I end up giving it to them along with some weed, after they tell me they don't smoke because they don't want the kids to smell it. I'm currently spray free, as a work colleague dropped in the other day. He left with a variety of produce and a can of Ona.

Top Bottom