my bho turbs into dry crumbs after a few days

• Thread starter va kmk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

va kmk

hey i need help i kinda new to the bho thing i started by just water purgeing and using my oven but resectly started using a vaccum to help purge works great has awesome taste and not butane tatse but after a couple days my stuff turns to crumble and makes a huge pain to dab how can i fix this

gumby420

gumby420

do you have your vacuum on a heat source? do you whip it or pop bubbles? that will make it more crumbly. im just now getting the hang of shatter. i always heat purge on the electric griddle for about 2-3 hours without popping or whipping, scrape it as gently as possible onto your parchment, put in in the vac and keep your vac ontop of a griddle and dont go any higher than 100. i keep mine at like 95 and ive been turning out consistent shatter. check out my post below Grape Invaders Shatter for an example. good luck

V

va kmk

do you have your vacuum on a heat source? do you whip it or pop bubbles? that will make it more crumbly. im just now getting the hang of shatter. i always heat purge on the electric griddle for about 2-3 hours without popping or whipping, scrape it as gently as possible onto your parchment, put in in the vac and keep your vac ontop of a griddle and dont go any higher than 100. i keep mine at like 95 and ive been turning out consistent shatter. check out my post below Grape Invaders Shatter for an example. good luck
i pop mine and yeah ihave a heat source on vac. it comes out as nice workable wax and nice golden color for a few days then it justdrys out. i have had people say its a humdity problem.i havent had this prob till i started vac

gumby420

gumby420

next time try not popping the bubbles and keep the heat under 100, if you want to get close to the shatter consistency

yomom420

yomom420

i found when mine turned to crumbly wax it still had to purge more. put on pyrex & flash it with a torch lighter. once its fully purged(never used a vac pump, just electris skillet @ 140f degrees) i get oil @ room temp. and im in basement, my room temps like 65 max. an older batch i made is still "shatter" but i think it still got butane taste after smokin the newer oil batch

G8tfulgrdens

G8tfulgrdens

Auto buddering continues on many extractions long after the process is believed to be complete if not finished correctly. If your using a vacuum chamber and heat source dialing in one solid constant temp throughout the entire process is crucial. Typical griddle or oven varies and has huge temp swings at such low settings. Water bath, sand, pizza stone, oil slick mats. and so many other things will aid in stable temps. Try finding a way to elevate the chamber off the heat source just a inch or two this will also help. Also try a shelf or metal strainer upside down inside the chamber, anyway to stabilize the temps similar to a real oven. Never whip or pop your bubbles, the agitation of the oil is what causes the waxing up or buddering way to soon in most cases. Shatter takes me about 1 hour per gram to purge and honeycomb is double that so for a ounce of honeycomb it's about 2 1\2 days purge at lowest possible temp, 90-110* in a 5 gallon chamber with 2 stage 3 cfm pump. So many people just go straight to budder at higher temps trapping large portions of the solvent and residuals in there BHO. If you purge at a set low temp and don't agitate your oil under those same conditions or constantly release pressure and change parameters it will come out stable and will stay in that constant form indefinitely. De-waxing really helps to but that's not needed at all to accomplish the results you're after.

Top Bottom