My Cannaventure Sour Double Kush! :)

• Thread starter Kyle A
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kyle A

Kyle A

Cannaventure! I've finally been able to take some pictures of my SDK plant and get them uploaded! I will say that this is my first soil grow ever. I've been around the block in hydroponics and felt like I'd give soil a try. SDK is my soil test plant. She was started from seed on June 10 and put outside to veg under the sun until July 26. I've been using Technaflora nutrients as well as Humbolt County's Bushmaster, Purple Maxx, and Gravity Flower Hardener (Yellowing of leaves is probably because of the Gravity). She's currently by herself under a 400w HPS light, which I switched to on July 26 when she began her flowering stage. She's starting to wreak of sour! Any input/ suggestions on how to improve this grow would be great! I'll keep you updated.
Photo copy 8
Photo copy 10
Photo copy 11
Photo copy 12

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Nice plant bro. BTW I used to love FFOF, but I heard Monsanto bought them out. Fuck that. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Kyle A

Kyle A

Thanks! Cannaventure is awesome! I'm growing his Star Berry Indica right now too. Why did you stop using FFOF? As I said, I've never grown in soil. Is there a better option as far as simplicity (one bag) is concerned?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
that plant looks great! Nice work
..are you feeding her any Carbs? (molasses)

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Cannaventure is awesome! I'm growing his Star Berry Indica right now too. Why did you stop using FFOF?

I stopped using FFOF because they got bought out by those greedy fucks at Monsanto. I buy a local soil and mix it with worm castings and compost depending on what I have at the time. I have been wanting to try CV's Purple Berry for a while, or some of his older stuff, but have not had the chance. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Kyle A

Kyle A

@caregiverken I have not fed her any carbs thus far. Do you have a method for using molasses that you can recommend? I will upload some more pictures tonight to show the progress from a week ago tonight.
@stanknugzz77, My Cannaventure SDK might be the best photo period plant I have ever grown. It's looking VERY promising yield and quality wise right now. When I become a more experienced soiler, I will probably begin to formulate my own "brand" of soil. I would really like to hear @Cannaventure's thoughts on the progress of this plant. Going to take pictures now.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@caregiverken I have not fed her any carbs thus far. Do you have a method for using molasses that you can recommend? I will upload some more pictures tonight to show the progress from a week ago tonight.

1 tablespoon of Molasses per gal of water..once a week in veg and flower.

Kyle A

Kyle A

UPDATE:

I just pulled the SDK out of her dark period for pictures. As mentioned above, she began flowering on July 26 and as of a few days ago, the sour smell has been very bold and distinct. I continue to use my regular Technaflora nutrients, Purple Maxxx, and have added Humboldt County's Own Crystal Burst to the mixture as well. Crystal Burst has no nitrogen so it won't burn. I foliar fed her with a Purple Maxxx/Crystal Burst mix once and the results seem to be great so far. I only use distilled water and my PPM/gal is 20. PH is always adjusted to 5.8-6.2 after nutrient mixing as well. For waterings without Humboldt County's Own nutrients, I aerate the water (HCO nutes build up bacteria if aerated). Any comments or constructive criticism are always welcome! I'm very excited for this baby to finish! :) :) :)

IMG 0357
IMG 0358
IMG 0359
IMG 0361
IMG 0362

O

Organicyumyum

whats up with pics of the starberry indica? im trying to see those before i pop this pack and have my room full of it

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

AFTER LOOKN AT YOURS I AM SUPER STOKED....I HAVE THAT AND THE DIESEL FIRE 100% GERMED AND GOIN STRONG.....NICE BUDS BROTHA....DJ

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

Looks really good. I'd pick up a bottle of fox farms organic grow big. Its there only bottle thats 100% organic. bat guano and bird shit i believe. But that will help them green up a little towards the end for they don't get yellow so early. I always would start my clones in Fox Farm Happy Frog then into 7gal full of Ocean Forest veg for 1-2week max and flower and just feed. carbs (Bud Candy, Molasis 1oz per gal, and some roots organisim and great white. They did really well. Would top dress with high nitroget bat guanno to green them up back then to stay 100% orgranic. I'd also add alot of perlite to the Ocean Forest cause it holds way to much water.

If you like that style try out subcools super soil. I tryed it and am on to that now. Never have to worry about nutrients really. I'm a hydro grower mostly though. I think i get the best flush in hydro and its so much more smooth. Is it really good to caugh up a lung? I do soil next to hydro and i like my hydro. Same with my patients. I label em hydro or soil also.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Ken... NIce SDK grow man.. Especially for you're First Soil Grow.. That really is impressive...

The Keeper cut is COMPLETELY Sour.. No other smells are present... Dense Tear dropped or sphere shaped flowers... Sour..Sour.. Sour..

The above photos look Great man... It looks like The Sour pheno....

Also man.. I Just now found out about this.. As, I have used Gravity in the past.. I like it too..

.. BUT... I was just informed, that Gravity "Causes Cancer".. LOL.. Kind of a crazy problem to say so matter-of-factly.

Dont take my word on it.. Ive not looked into to it... Cause I really dont use gravity anymore.. Just read up and be careful bro..

Nice Sour Double Kush grow man... Thanks.

O

Organicyumyum

Looks really good. I'd pick up a bottle of fox farms organic grow big. Its there only bottle thats 100% organic. bat guano and bird shit i believe. But that will help them green up a little towards the end for they don't get yellow so early. I always would start my clones in Fox Farm Happy Frog then into 7gal full of Ocean Forest veg for 1-2week max and flower and just feed. carbs (Bud Candy, Molasis 1oz per gal, and some roots organisim and great white. They did really well. Would top dress with high nitroget bat guanno to green them up back then to stay 100% orgranic. I'd also add alot of perlite to the Ocean Forest cause it holds way to much water.

If you like that style try out subcools super soil. I tryed it and am on to that now. Never have to worry about nutrients really. I'm a hydro grower mostly though. I think i get the best flush in hydro and its so much more smooth. Is it really good to caugh up a lung? I do soil next to hydro and i like my hydro. Same with my patients. I label em hydro or soil also.

you probably aren't flushing your soil buds long enough. when organic soil plants are flushed properly they are the smoothest and tastiest buds you could have. I always flush for at least the last two weeks with just plain water.

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

9My Soil Plants I Flush For At Least 14 Day's. I Like My Leaf's To Be Yellow and Falling Off Or At Least Starting To Fall Off. Sometime They Don't Get As That Yellow But Still Smoke Really Clean, So I Know I Got A Good Flush And I Know None Of The Buds Have Any Nutrients Left Since The Finished Product Smokes To a White Ash On My Best Strains.

Now My Hydro Plants Only Take 2-4 Days Normally To Flush And The Leafs Are Already Yellowing And Starting To Fall Off. Sometimes I Even Flush with 300-500 ppm of Overdrive Besides The Last 12-24hr max. It Help's Give Them A Nice Swell in My 5Gal DWC Recirculating Setup's.

The Finished Produced Compared To My Soil Side By Side and Growing Side By Side The Hydro Grow's Like Soil Plants On Steroid's. Grow's WAY Faster, Thicker Stem's, HUGE ROOT'S Totally Fill The 5gal Grow Pot At Harvest. Bigger Bud's That Look Even Frostier. My Soil Plant Turn Out Wonder full But Nothing Like My Hydro.

Only The ECSD Clone I Think Taste Better Grown Organic Soil Then Then Hydro. Out Of At Least 30+ Different Strains Grow.

Top Bottom