My chem4 first time grow

• Thread starter Motamonte
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

Your in flower, your leaves and flowers look good, I would let things ride at the minute, just keep doing what your doing.

Motamonte

Motamonte

Thanks. I think im on week two flower its hard to know what week she in cause boight as a clone

chemistry

chemistry

Yes, going by the look of the flowers, two weeks is about right.

Motamonte

Motamonte

One more question sense she in flower should i cut out most fan leaves

chemistry

chemistry

You could remove a few from the bottom third of the plant, but anything that's in the sunshine, leave on.

Motamonte

Motamonte

I'm not growing like normal growers im trying a mixture of 3 grow types hydroponic bubbleponic an with soil

chemistry

chemistry

Noobie question. What is the benefit of removing the lower leaves?

If you look at the pix the OP has posted, you can see the bottom sets of leaves will get no light as the canopy fills, and will die off, so no point in letting the plant make those leaves when it can put that energy into the canopy and buds instead.

fictionsuit

fictionsuit

If you look at the pix the OP has posted, you can see the bottom sets of leaves will get no light as the canopy fills, and will die off, so no point in letting the plant make those leaves when it can put that energy into the canopy and buds instead.
That makes sense. I always thought that the lower leaves held sugar which the plant can eat when it needs to.

uphere

uphere

Remove lower vegitation for many purposes. Mainly to keep the plant from waisting enery on low yeild sites. Best to keep an even canopy. Leave the vast majority of leaves on top as they are your energy makers.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Isnt it so the light can reach the lower bud sites?

I've reach Chem strains or more susceptible to hermie

Keep your eyes on her to avoid seeded bud
you want light penetration as far down as possible. Very helpful for airflow too

Motamonte

Motamonte

Ok question when growing do you have to cut down whole plant when lower buds haven't development yet but top flowers have matured

uphere

uphere

You'll get different opinions on that. I personally harvest the full plant at one time. The lower buds will never recieve enough energy to develop fully hence its best to remove them in veg. The truth is the plant will die long before chaffe sites fill in.

Top Bottom