my chernobyl just doesn't want to work...

• Thread starter vino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
any more pictures on your side would be helpful
You think he should take some pictures on his side...?

:D

That was a Zn-/lockout? The pic you've attached, that was the final diagnosis? How high was the pH to create that problem?

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

You think he should take some pictures on his side...?

:D

That was a Zn-/lockout? The pic you've attached, that was the final diagnosis? How high was the pH to create that problem?
good question, can’t remember . . . just remember not adding any HNO3 (ph down) to the mix, educated guess 6.3 for soilless medium using maxi series.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you mean that you forgot to add the pH down, and subsequently the lockout occurred, and then adding it back got things right again? Just trying to be clear about what happened and how you resolved it, within the confines of what you remember, of course (that's me, too, btw). :)

I am reading a lot of problems with people using this Maxigrow stuff, quite a lot.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Do you mean that you forgot to add the pH down, and subsequently the lockout occurred, and then adding it back got things right again? Just trying to be clear about what happened and how you resolved it, within the confines of what you remember, of course (that's me, too, btw). :)

I am reading a lot of problems with people using this Maxigrow stuff, quite a lot.
something like that, looking at the size of the plant i probably gave them anywhere from 1000-500 ppm, at 1000 ppms the ph levels around 5.4-5.6 and 500ppm is about 6.0-6.5 yeah after getting a new ph meter it was smooth sailing. the recovery was slow a month about, dark times then lots of scraping empty jars for tricomes. :(

problems with maxi grow? well it suits my situation, it’s hard to get good nutes in china. i big box of powdered nutes shipped over last me a year, yeah it leaves residue and it needs to be flushed regularly and yeah the salt content is high. If i was in the states maxi would not be my first choice.

2-3 weeks later
IMGP1064

V

vino

ill try and take some new pictures tonight or tomorrow. I dont think white balance help me, my rooms are bright and my lights are close .. 16" or so. i tried taking some with the lights moved to the side but they still came out yellow cast. i dont like to flash my plants after lights off. even if only a few minutes.

i really think my veg is dialed in now. super green, super lush, they all feel perfect. The chernobyls run alongside ... blue dream, dj shortblueberry, cherry pie, and tahoe og. they are run same nutes and all look good. its flowering thats my problem, and im coming to the conclusion that it is just the chernobyl strain. i wish i could just cut em all out, or sell em or trade em or something. i hate this cut.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Yep I feel that. Got a cut she looks unreal vigorous and large. Weak sauce! Smell and flavor was good though. Any plant I have issues wwith like that gets handed off or trashed. Possibly root rot. I know you're not feeding a ton so the roots sho uld be soggy. Just a thought. Whenever we have fems that looks as yours did and all others are good rot is usually the culprit.

V

vino

ok heres the new photos. the two moms on the left are chernobyls, blue dream mom on the right. Those are blueberry babies in front of cher. & The cher in flower is on the perimeter.

Chernobyl tues 2
Chernobyl tues
V

vino

no rot. just not a plump nug. I like my nugs to be all humpty dumpty. i did feed it a blast of budxl and top booster. so....maybe it needs the boost to unlock its potential.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

ok heres the new photos. the two moms on the left are chernobyls, blue dream mom on the right. Those are blueberry babies in front of cher. & The cher in flower is on the perimeter.
what week are you on now? you going to boost them with koolbloom? i use koolbloom too. how do you apply it? i use half strength with notes or full strength in a flush.

V

vino

took some new pictures...

The moms are doing fantastic now. just needed that calmag. My flowering ones are looking good too, but like i said not plump.
I did give them Top Booster for week 5, no Koolbloom. I run koolbloom week 1-4. 6-7. top booster week 5. i'm still trying to dial in the recipe. I have huge stock of H&G so I may even go full H&G next run in next room to see if Cher likes those better. It loved the Top Booster hit.
I'll take a picture of finished nugs later.

I shoot in RAW. was just wondering if someone already had a whitebalance preset. i'm lazy. its too blue if using camera wb. I cant bring back some of the detail when shooting raw or any format for that matter. so I underexposed -2.5 stops and used flash to bring it back.

flowering about week 4
photo 1 - Blue Dream
photo 2 - Blue Dream
photo 3 - Blue Dream / Chernobyl
photo 4 - Chernobyl
photo 5 - Chernobyl moms in veg. going to cut new babies soon.
photo 6 - TahoeOG up front / Chernobyl in back -- vegging
photo 7 - chernobyl

Chernobyl fri 2
Chernobyl fri 3
Chernobyl fri 4
Chernobyl fri 5
Chernobyl fri 6
Chernobyl fri 7
Chernobyl fri
5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

The moms are doing fantastic now. just needed that calmag. My flowering ones are looking good too, but like i said not plump.
I did give them Top Booster for week 5, no Koolbloom. I run koolbloom week 1-4. 6-7. top booster week 5. i'm still trying to dial in the recipe. I have huge stock of H&G so I may even go full H&G next run in next room to see if Cher likes those better. It loved the Top Booster hit.

Looking Frosty!

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

I shoot in RAW. was just wondering if someone already had a whitebalance preset. i'm lazy. its too blue if using camera wb. I cant bring back some of the detail when shooting raw or any format for that matter. so I underexposed -2.5 stops and used flash to bring it back.

flowering about week 4
photo 1 - Blue Dream
photo 2 - Blue Dream
photo 3 - Blue Dream / Chernobyl
photo 4 - Chernobyl
photo 5 - Chernobyl moms in veg. going to cut new babies soon.
photo 6 - TahoeOG up front / Chernobyl in back -- vegging
photo 7 - chernobyl

How many teaspoons do you use per gal when feeding koolbloom? and why do you feed them koolbloom week 1-4 (i’m just guessing to get them used to it so they don’t go into shock later, i’m sounding lost now)

V

vino

been busy. a few IPAs might help me get through.
I dont think i explained it earlier. I give Koolbloom Liquid week 1-4 and Koolbloom Powder week 6 and 7 at 1/4 a tsp.

heres some new photos.

djshortblueberry. Week 5.
chernobyl. Week 5.
new room.
cleanout.
cleanout.
cleanout.
chernoybl. right before cut. day 60.

I switched out a room a few weeks back and decided to take a few photos of the setup.
Between cycles I throw out my tarp floor lining. I dont have floor drains so I'm assed out, that would be a dream. Bleach and clean everything down. Replace with tarp and get going again.

New cycle with TahoeOG/ Chernobyl / BlueBerry. That order .... left to right.

Rooms 9
Rooms 8
Rooms 7
Rooms 6
Rooms 5
Rooms 4
Rooms 3
Rooms 2
Rooms
V

vino

heres some new pictures of my last run of chernobyl. starting to dial her in. she loves food. she loves a few extra days blooming. and she loves to be smoked.

Chernobyl lot7 4
Chernobyl lot7 3
Chernobyl lot7 2
Chernobyl lot7
jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

just take a pic with lights out with a flash. This was ph to high, locked out zinc took months to recover fully it was a disaster. it’s like the whole plant just shut down. View attachment 296846
any more pictures on your side would be helpful
That was my initial thought too...zinc and has ph. The first pics up top are def high ph. Check your runoff, willing to bet ph is around 6.7+. And u may want to consider fwwfww instead of ffwffw. May be locking up nutes as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom